Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So was getting pretty sick of SPvP and decided to do one more just to hit rank 39 and got a milestone PvP chest.

I open it up and it gives me The legend.

IT GAVE ME A MOTHER FUCKING PRECURSOR

I am happy
    Gratz, that's great !

I wanted to ask: How do the new megaservers work, exactly ? I'm on Drakkar, a German server - at least originally - but yesterday, some folks only spoke English. Are German servers merged with servers of other nationalities to form megaservers ?

r73 and not even an exotic, whooptido
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Hello please is any very active guild for all aspects in a game on Aurora glade server ?

Ty for some help information

Deleted
    Havent played GW2 in a while, can someone give me an update. Was wondering about endgame etc..

Quote Originally Posted by mickestar View Post
    Havent played GW2 in a while, can someone give me an update. Was wondering about endgame etc..
    Everything you do is essentially "endgame" with more content unlocking as you level and every 2 weeks there are content updates. The only thing it does not have is raids (Though it has open world bosses)

That lvl 12 world boss you just did? End game
    That match you did in SPvP? End game
    That lvl 30 dungeon you did? End game.

You get scaled according to the level of the content and the rewards you get are based on your actual level. Everything and everything is end game.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-07-12 at 01:50 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Lol endgame. There is no end =)

Before I would have said story is the only 'end' game, but the LS Season 2 continues where you finished your personal story. Soooo basically it's still going on, there is no end to anything you can do in the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I realized the reason I was so underpowered was because my talents got reset >.> I haven't played since before the system changed, so yeah...made a huge difference.
    BAD WOLF

Apparently they're trying to turn it in to some sort of laggy third person platformer. Have been looking for a real MMO to play until they regain their senses.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I guess you can consider once you get all your skills to have the end-game start, but you get traits at lvl 30 and that slightly changes how you play.

Since you can downlevel, the devs kind of made it so the events in the world and stuff are what you do once you hit 80, but you can do them as you level through the zones too. Still, there are things you can't do until you hit 80 like visit certain zones, do certain quests, fractals, some dungeons, access to some crafting gear and skins (well i guess you could do that before but it'd be harder). Lots of people seem to either spend their time in WvW, PvP, or in PvE doing events and collecting and exploring.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Question regarding map completion: on my level 39 ranger I'm doing map completion as I level. Am I better off staying in appropriate level zones, completing lower level zones first (eg finishing up Kessex now instead of at 80), or does it not matter a whit?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

you get a little bit better experience if you are in areas that are your level or close to it

but really it makes very little difference in the end

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Question regarding map completion: on my level 39 ranger I'm doing map completion as I level. Am I better off staying in appropriate level zones, completing lower level zones first (eg finishing up Kessex now instead of at 80), or does it not matter a whit?
    It does award gear of a level appropriate to the zone, so that may be useful or not.

My last Alt I just stuck to completing the zones with Iron in it, since I was low on Iron.

Two questions

1. Does zone completion still reward transmute stones? I have two sitting in my bank still.

2. How do gods work in gw2? Like we're they mortals who ascended or something?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Two questions

1. Does zone completion still reward transmute stones? I have two sitting in my bank still.
    No stones. Transmutation Charges are now rewarded in their place.

If you have two stones sitting on your bank, they'll most likely be useless for the future.

Deleted
    It does not matter at all. You will be scaled down with the area, but the exp you receive is still the same. So it doesn't matter where you level. I wouldn't suggest to explore anywhere above your level though. It will mostly slow you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    No stones. Transmutation Charges are now rewarded in their place.

If you have two stones sitting on your bank, they'll most likely be useless for the future.
    The stones convert to charges
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The stones convert to charges
    3 stones convert to one charge. You'll never get another stone. So if you have 1 or 2 stones, they're worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    3 stones convert to one charge. You'll never get another stone. So if you have 1 or 2 stones, they're worthless.
    My bad, forgot what the conversion rate was

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    r73 and not even an exotic, whooptido
    And therein lies the problem with GW2. Fuck-off RNGness. I understand they are supposedly working on implementing ways of earning a precursor, but I still say "fuck you Anet" for their stupid system of trying to acquire precursors. Was the main reason I stopped trying to acquire a legendary weapon so many months ago. I wasn't going to cave in to buying one off the fucking TP or flushing gold down the Mystic Toilet. Nothing Legendary about that at all. The whole system was designed from the ground up to try and tempt people into buying and selling gems to get their legendaries. Sorry, not gonna support that bullshit practice.

And before people say, "you can still farm EVERYTHING the hard way". Sorry, but once again, their fuck-off RNGness in this game works very hard to keep you from achieving it that way. I refuse to support such blatant cash-grab systems.

It's your choice, if you want a Legendary (clearly a longterm-goal) NOW, then of course you have to spend tons of gold. I'm playing the game since Beta very casually (sometimes WvW, sometimes open world, rarely dungeons) and I have nearly all the mats I need to craft a legendary.

I agree that RNG is not a fun system, but it's difficult to come up with a alternative in a game like this. Take for example the exclusive skins from champion-lootbags. I opened hundrets of those bags and never got a drop. BUT this rarity is the reason why they cost quite a bit on the tradingpost. Would they droprate be higher, the prices would fall dramatically and everyone could buy the skin for 1-2 gold - which would completely destroy the exclusiveness.

So to you whocriticise RNG, I will have to ask you: what alternative can you think of, that would work in the game?