so the devs even think the event is pure garbage.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ember-12-30-PM

To the point where they cancelled their personal in game event with us. rofl

"It's a great time to be in a guild!" - Why I'm not in a guild roflmao
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they admitted it was a failure and not months later like other companies. But yeah, tag mobs, WP, rinse repeat and yeah, not really that engaging or fun.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    It must be the worst advertisement of HoT they have done so far.

It is just a terrible event. The rewards feel virtually worthless, it is a hell of a lot of effort to try and gather enough blooms to get anything worthwhile. It encourages tag and run gameplay, which is a crazy thing to do. I have done one event, and that is more than enough for me. Think I am going to spend my entire weekend trying to get enough blooms to visit the vendor? Not a chance.

I am concerned now for what is going to make up the expansion. If they have designers that genuinely believe this is the way to build something, we could be heading for trouble.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so the devs even think the event is pure garbage.

To the point where they cancelled their personal in game event with us. rofl
    The thing is, I doubt they think the event sucked because the "hey, run around killing stuff" portion was bland. They probably just chalk it up to "the glitch for rewards ruined everything"...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    This event is a flop, but all the doomsayers that say this will define the future of gw2 are really stretching it. Many events before this were quite good and enjoyable for most, with an exception of the karka invasion event in old LA but that was because that was one of the first world events ever and they were still kind of experimenting.

I highly doubt much effort was put into this event in the first place. Mainly because it would only last 3-4 days anyway and a big part of the team is still working on Heart of Thorns. Ofcourse they wouldn't make it as big as the living world or the seasonal events, which would last several weeks. To me it really feels like a last-minute thing thrown in.

I agree that this event was/is not enjoyable, at least not for me (I played through one invasion thing and called it there). But the developers acknowledge this and say they will use the feedback from this event in the future. I doubt they will make the same mistakes. And having played guild wars 2 on and off for the past years, I am confident the actual expansion will have much more in-depth and enjoyable content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, lets face it, that's what GW2 PvE pretty much always is. At least out in the open world.
    You misattributed the quote to me, so I was wondering where I said it. :-p
    There was a certain appeal to the massive amounts of junk we got in such events as the original Scarlet invasions. Same with the original personal story. Now events and story don't drop loot, they just give a final reward, so it really feels more grindy to me. Also does seem to run counter to the idea of "drop in, drop out" if you have to finish a half hour before getting anything. (And then it's just yet another new currency!)

As well, GW2 launched with a lot more variety I think. The new stuff is all pretty samey for my tastes. (Yes, there's a few different venues in Silverwastes, but the majority of the zone and the beta zone are just invasion events.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Well, lets face it, that's what GW2 PvE pretty much always is. At least out in the open world.

This has been a point of discussion among players for years now, and ANet has never really seemed too concerned with it because apparently the bulk of the playerbase is fine with the whole, "Run around in circles auto-attacking loot pinatas" concept. (And that's fine, don't get me wrong.)

Short of some major, genre-breaking innovation on their part, I really don't see how HoT is going to be any different. I feel like it's going to be one of three things:

1) It's just the same type of content we're all familiar with, but with "More and bigger one-shot zones!" and "More mob HP!"

2) Nothing is really going to change and we'll get the same old double-talk from the developers about how they didn't really mean this or that, it was all the fault of players for misunderstanding!

3) Somehow, magically, it actually works well. But ends up getting removed/reversed/etc because the playerbase at large flips out about it being too hard. (See: Queen's Gauntlet)
    It isn't the running around part I have a problem with (yes, that was my quote you managed to link to Svifnymr somehow!) but the state of mind that the design of this content encourages. Rewarding people for playing in an anti-social way is the last thing I expect to see in GW2. And most of the time you don't get it. I just don't see where the thinking that created this gameplay suddenly came from.

Whether or not the content is hard is a whole other question.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

so are racial skills just never going to work with revenant? I find that bull shit and it should be an option and I think it would do some good pve and wvw wise. I mean if they just made a starter zone like they should of explaining revenant lore and fitting them into the current story instead of just throwing them in there and be like OH LOOK RYTLOCK IS USING MAGIC THAT WE HAVE NEVER SEEN - but you've been using it since the beginning story wise

so many loop holes and it's bull shit they do nothing about it. All they had to do was make a simple instance just for revenant where you are dead and meet rytlock and he sends you back in time while he goes into the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so are racial skills just never going to work with revenant?
    I agree that it's lame. People have been asking for more weapon skills per weapon type and instead, we're getting profession that is not customizable at all. Not only you have weapon skills set in stone but also "utility" skills. It's one of many reasons why I'll never stop calling GW2 poorly developed. Like VERY poorly.

Am I the only one wanting infinite charges on Conjured Weapons when picked by self?

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving the game another shot now that it's F2P, I tried it years ago shortly after release during a trial weekend and couldn't really get into it.

Now I'm actually enjoying it, probably because I'm not looking for something to "suck me in" full-time, but just having fun casually exploring the game and the world. I might even sink some money into it later to expand my inventory and stuff. F2P was the right move, they will get more Heart of Thorns purchases through this than they would have otherwise.

I'm not expecting anything great in endgame however.

Shield mesmer no longer garbage. Too bad the slow and interrupt traits receive no pve changes with no plans too either

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so they are changing soft ccs to work with defiance and we get the trait benifits (ex slow will apply but won't slow animations but you get the critical bonus from your trait).

The only thing left is interrupt traits not working

Deleted
    Maybe off-topic, but I'm not sure where else to put this.

I've been having some FPS issues lately. Despite my somewhat crappy computer I always had at least 20 fps with some graphic settings on medium, but recently this has dropped to 10-13 no matter what I change about my settings. I have no idea what caused this but it certainly limited the time I spent in game. But I recently discovered that once I get into first person mode I get 20-30 fps, even with some of the highest settings on. Does anybody know why that is? I really have no clue

What? Mesmers starting to work properly?

Are you absolutely sure you weren't actually looking at Elementalist notes and didn't notice?
    If interrupt traits worked in pve mesmers would have a place outside chronomancer in pve. Hell until the recent changes to chronomancer it wasn't even useful in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    But I recently discovered that once I get into first person mode I get 20-30 fps, even with some of the highest settings on. Does anybody know why that is? I really have no clue
    Umbra. Basically the game only renders what's actively visible on you screen, so the less you have on screen the less load there will be on your CPU/GPU and the better your framerate.

Have the canned the daily login rewards? I don't think I have gotten anything the last couple of days.

Deleted
    I just logged in and got the daily login chest as usual.

Here's Wooden Potatoes showing off the functionality of http://gw2efficiency.com/. It's a very cool site that uses the new API's that ANet released for GW2. My account is worth 18k gold. Of course, the grand majority of that isn't liquid but in mats and the two legendaries I've created. They even have account leaderboards. The richest person who has put his numbers into the site is worth 215k gold. Damn.

http://gw2efficiency.com/account/wealth-distribution

I hope the newest alacrity chronomancer changes don't get nerfed. I got a build in the works with perma alacrity and perma chaos armor. (3 wells are etheral field with a 9 sec base CD sword leap combined with alacrity means you have a leap every 4 seconds, also using staff)

- - - Updated - - -

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs...EsR1fIFgfjBA-e

Perma chaos armor
    Perma alacrity
    50% crit (with fury) with 192% crit damage
    2.3k heal every 10 seconds thanks to sigils, runes and a trait (not including well heal or regen)
    High quickness up time
    Decent power, toughness and vit
    Small amount of condition damage to help off set the damage loss from taking staff

This is just fucking godly. Alacrity will probably get nerfed. I like having support over straight damage.

I haven't really looked at the skills / traits UI since it was re-designed, but I've recently started a new character from scratch with friends who are new to the game... and oh dear lord, this has to be the worst, most illogical, confusing, counter-intuitive user interface I've ever seen in my life.

I had to spend about 10 minutes trying to explain how it works, until I got confused myself. We're all long-time gamer veterans btw.
    So the left side of the trait UI also shows all the skills that your profession has, together with all the traits (which are horizontal on the left side but vertical on the right side, great job there), but then in the skills panel you have to unlock your skills based on category, but also unlock your traits with the same point-system and with the same UI. Literally every single person thought that traits were just new skills you could learn instead of being elements of a talent tree.

Also the unlocking system for new players seems incredibly arbitrary. "You have unlocked vistas!" ummmm... okay? They didn't seem locked to me but thanks.

Anyone who's ever read an interaction design book could create a better UI.

ANet, y u do dis. *shakes head*