Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, the meta group for most(?) fractals is 4 FB/1 Ren, I guess.

Guardian has been a pretty overloaded class for some time. In large part due to Quickness being absurdly overpowered while also being largely limited to one class.

That boon really needs to go away or be reworked, whoever thought that giving players Bloodlust with no limitations, 100% uptime, and limiting it to one class was off their goddamned rocker.
    Weird, I thought chrono brought it as well? It's stupidly strong so I have no clue why they'd limit it to so few specializations, and the way it is now holy shit it's trivial to keep up. My FB heal in my ascended gear grants 8s of quickness alone (on a 9.5s cooldown), and even my scrub ass could pretty consistently keep it on my group for the entirety of boss fights. Also realizing how easy it is to trivialize quite a few boss mechanics by being able to functionally spam aegis on the group.

Damnit, I feel like when I was semi-seriously doing fractals FB were the uncool support. I can't feel like a hipster anymore : (

Oh well, it's still a fun build to play even if they do nerf it, or preferably buff other builds. Stupid heals, stupid defense, might, and stupid quickness.

Edit: Playing through some of the DRM's for the mastery points (I still need to farm a dozen more to finish out the last set of dragon masteries from IBS) and...they don't feel as awful as they did the first time around. Still not great or terribly exciting, and they don't seem terribly active, but they're not as awful as I remember. Not great tho.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-05-17 at 10:02 PM.

Reminder: The free S2 event starts the 25th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/new...begins-may-25/

Beginning 25 May we’ll spotlight two episodes of Living World Season 2 each week, in chronological order. Log in during the week to unlock the episodes for free!

As the episodes enter the spotlight, we’ll update them with new permanent achievements you can tackle at any time. Complete all the new achievements to progress toward legendary rewards! Check out our Guild Wars 2 Live: Summer 2021 overview to learn more.
    Free LS updates if you missed them, just gotta remember to log in each week to claim them. I'm curious about this new meta-achievement for the legendary amulet and new achieves for the precursor weapon, never even had one of those.

I think this is great for catching people up before the expansion drops. As well as giving incentive to those who already did this content (legendary amulet and precursor) am excited.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I think this is great for catching people up before the expansion drops. As well as giving incentive to those who already did this content (legendary amulet and precursor) am excited.
    Yeah, pleased they added in something for all of us that played through it all already. Even if I don't get the legendary there seem to be some smaller rewards for the achieves as you progress through them.

Not a surprise in the least, but I guess one of the big "baron" streamers recently exposed themselves on stream as a (likely) duper. As in, literally thousands of infusions in their guild bank. Not to mention tab after tab of legendaries, tens of thousands of mystic coins, etc.

Given the economy of this game, it's no surprise that people have been doing this. Also no surprise that ANet has been incredibly lax about dealing with any of it, as massive inflation of prices and extremely limited sources of profit are to their benefit.

as massive inflation of prices and extremely limited sources of profit are to their benefit.
    Since you are an expert on game's economy, could you provide some evidence of massive inflation and how devs are benefitting from it?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Since you are an expert on game's economy, could you provide some evidence of massive inflation and how devs are benefitting from it?
    Meanwhile, the immediate effect of ONE duper on the price of MCs - which were the one item really keeping prices on a lot of items from plummeting as every other part has dropped significantly over time:

This shit 100% had an effect on the price of things. Just look at the Eternity price you posted, while the cost remained pretty steady, the actual value of many of the goods involved - including precursors - has plummeted over time. Until today, more than 50% of the cost of a legendary weapon was the Mystic Coins.

So yeah, the price was artificially propped up, and just this ONE duper being exposed had a massive effect. And ANet is incredibly lax on these things, the person only got busted because they were showing off their guild banks on stream and accidentally opened the one full of an impossible amount of infusions and other items. There are still several other known players that have been suspected of using known dupes - dupes which were reported to ANet a long time ago but still remain.

Take away that artificial propping up of prices of end game/legendary items, and suddenly people could actually be getting them a lot faster through normal play.

Now I'm not saying that ANet is purposefully leaving dupes in the game, or purposefully letting some people dupe, or that there's some big conspiracy to keep prices high. I will say that ANet is *extremely* lax with enforcement of these issues, and these issues do inflate the price of certain highly-desired endgame items.

Not a surprise in the least, but I guess one of the big "baron" streamers recently exposed themselves on stream as a (likely) duper. As in, literally thousands of infusions in their guild bank. Not to mention tab after tab of legendaries, tens of thousands of mystic coins, etc.

Given the economy of this game, it's no surprise that people have been doing this. Also no surprise that ANet has been incredibly lax about dealing with any of it, as massive inflation of prices and extremely limited sources of profit are to their benefit.
    Anet hasn't been lax about. It's their investigation and communication style. It's never changed. They are typically aware of these issues well before players and monitor them to gather evidence, catch as many people involved as possible. Strike to early and you only get one piece of problem while the others hunker down.

The trading post, in this case RMTs and manipulation, cut into their bottom line (Gems <-> Gold is as source of revenue). They have people whose job is nothing but to manage the games economy.

Its not the first time something like this has gone down, probably not the last. Sometimes a dev gets tired of misinformation on reddit and outlines their investigation, usually not because the hivemind forgets the next day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Anet hasn't been lax about. It's their investigation and communication style. It's never changed. They are typically aware of these issues well before players and monitor them to gather evidence, catch as many people involved as possible. Strike to early and you only get one piece of problem while the others hunker down.

The trading post, in this case RMTs and manipulation, cut into their bottom line (Gems <-> Gold is as source of revenue). They have people whose job is nothing but to manage the games economy.

Its not the first time something like this has gone down, probably not the last. Sometimes a dev gets tired of misinformation on reddit and outlines their investigation, usually not because the hivemind forgets the next day.
    Sure, but this particular individual, the dupes being used, and the RMT over the past year have been borderline common knowledge. At least to the trading post community.

They made a video of how to perform some of the dupes literally a year ago and sent it to ANet. They're still there today.

The player in question in this particular case was viewed as suspicious (because he made literally millions of gold in value in a super short period of time) and was removed from several player communities, but just kept going on in-game manipulating the MC price for seemingly no reason other than to troll. The only reason he seems to have been caught at this point is that he outed himself on stream.

There are several other individuals that have been strongly suspected of duping, but there's not much players can do about it.

There's "Oh, they're waiting to catch a lot of people in a big ban wave" and then there's "Ok, this shit just isn't getting fixed, apparently".

Sure, but this particular individual, the dupes being used, and the RMT over the past year have been borderline common knowledge. At least to the trading post community.

They made a video of how to perform some of the dupes literally a year ago and sent it to ANet. They're still there today.

The player in question in this particular case was viewed as suspicious (because he made literally millions of gold in value in a super short period of time) and was removed from several player communities, but just kept going on in-game manipulating the MC price for seemingly no reason other than to troll. The only reason he seems to have been caught at this point is that he outed himself on stream.

There are several other individuals that have been strongly suspected of duping, but there's not much players can do about it.

There's "Oh, they're waiting to catch a lot of people in a big ban wave" and then there's "Ok, this shit just isn't getting fixed, apparently".
    The scope of this is bigger than a lot of people think. It's not as simple as one player duping then making gold.

Investigating the dupe itself would take a considerable amount of time.

RMTs open a can of legal issues and new threads to follow. Underground RMTs often involve stolen data that must be preserved, traced, sometimes passed onto 3rd parties for a number of reasons.

IP must be logged. Connections between accounts have to be established, verified, logged.

The duping involved a network of people. Everyone's involvement has be accessed. How much they knew, what they didn't know. Knowing what I about Anet, they had someone feeding them Discord screenshots, chat logs, which have to be verified.

Then it was probably some poor persons job to look for instances of laundering on the TP.

I will be shocked if someone does (lying of course) to have received an unwarranted ban.

The last huge TP controversy involved people datamining patches then manipulating the market in game and through social means on places like reddit. People swore up and down Anet was ignoring the issue and then a massive ban wave came.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The scope of this is bigger than a lot of people think. It's not as simple as one player duping then making gold.

Investigating the dupe itself would take a considerable amount of time.

RMTs open a can of legal issues and new threads to follow. Underground RMTs often involve stolen data that must be preserved, traced, sometimes passed onto 3rd parties for a number of reasons.

IP must be logged. Connections between accounts have to be established, verified, logged.

The duping involved a network of people. Everyone's involvement has be accessed. How much they knew, what they didn't know. Knowing what I about Anet, they had someone feeding them Discord screenshots, chat logs, which have to be verified.

Then it was probably some poor persons job to look for instances of laundering on the TP.

I will be shocked if someone does (lying of course) to have received an unwarranted ban.

The last huge TP controversy involved people datamining patches then manipulating the market in game and through social means on places like reddit. People swore up and down Anet was ignoring the issue and then a massive ban wave came.
    Oh, I understand that. It's especially a long game when it's a botting program or exploit, since you want to catch a lot of people at once before they adapt after seeing one ban.

But...you can't patch out the dupe? For a year? You don't notice or don't take action against the wall of buy orders placed by a single account inflating the entire economy on MCs? It's one thing to take a while investigating the RMT aspect, but how do you leave a somewhat well-known dupe in the game that long AND let its effects ripple out on the economy?

That doesn't feel like, "The bots aren't banned yet because we're waiting for a ban wave to catch a lot of them at once". It feels like, "We put the WvW guy in charge of it."
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2021-05-21 at 02:16 PM.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topi...s-may-25-2021/

Patch is out! S2 episodes 1/2 are free for everyone now, and there's some new achieves to go along with it. Some balance changes coming with it too. Episode 3/4 next week, and I assume the final episodes the following week. Just gotta log in and you can nab them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Episode 3/4 next week, and I assume the final episodes the following week.
    S2 had 4 episodes on each map, 8 in total.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Raids mentioned in the patch notes? What a time to be alive!