10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    What is dated?
    In between all the bloom and blurriness, models/textures and archaic UI from 2012? Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In between all the bloom and blurriness, models/textures and archaic UI from 2012? Pick one.
    Blurriness? Are you subsampling the game or something? Even at native sampling it's pretty clean overall.

Bloom I can dig, their post effects really need more granular control over them. But I'm curious why you think the UI is archaic? It could probably use a bit of an update after a decade but it's still perfectly functional and looks nice enough IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    They added another graphic that's not immediately obvious, reversed() in some areas. It's map effects, environmental effects...something. Anyway it's a slider under your graphic options that allows you to make some more adjustments to post processing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Years of Dragonstorm and world bosses and I think I got my first "desireable" ascended item, Frostsaw! Very happy with that, especially since it also came with another exotic staff I didn't have the skin for yet. Guess I'll just make it a 'zerker weapon and slot into my power sets, I've already taken the look for my existing 2h and redone my armor set to be a bit more "heavy armor" themed for it and such.

Still no precursor drop, though : P

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ritualist%27s

I totally forgot they added the Ritualist stat combo in EoD until poking around to see if my build was hilariously out of date. It wasn't, just a little tweaking needed since I rarely ever really check that shit. But the build I was looking up had a ritualist variant that was partially explained and that seemed interesting.

I put together a fairly functional open world set and boy howdy did I miss the really solid hybrid playstyle. Iose out on plenty of damage but I can still pump out a fair bit on my own with axe/torch, plus fairly good uptime for quickness/might and some surprisingly solid heals with staff (converting vit to healing power). I'll need to get around to replacing accessories and maybe getting proper weapons for it to finish off the set, but I'm liking this. And so far seems much more effective than the broke-ass version of this I put together with a Shaman set.

Will need to test how it is soloing, but so far it's nice and comfy. One thing I like about GW2 is definitely that it's not that expensive to get a new build goin. Granted I repurposed some old gear but like...80G or so for a full exotic set of armor + sigils ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Will need to test how it is soloing, but so far it's nice and comfy. One thing I like about GW2 is definitely that it's not that expensive to get a new build goin. Granted I repurposed some old gear but like...80G or so for a full exotic set of armor + sigils ain't bad.
    Man, you and I have totally different views on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Man, you and I have totally different views on that topic.
    Most stat combos are mega-cheap at least, ye-basic zerker set is like a few gold per item.

But like, I don't think 80G is really that hugely expensive? The most gold I ever usually have is around 400G or so, purely from just selling shit I dismantle and whatnot, absolutely zero actual intentional gold farming ever.

Don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from and yeah, a lot of shit in this game will simply never really be affordable to the vast majority of players. But you can put together a pretty solid set that's at least functional (rare quality vs. exotic) pretty affordably.

Most stat combos are mega-cheap at least, ye-basic zerker set is like a few gold per item.

But like, I don't think 80G is really that hugely expensive? The most gold I ever usually have is around 400G or so, purely from just selling shit I dismantle and whatnot, absolutely zero actual intentional gold farming ever.

Don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from and yeah, a lot of shit in this game will simply never really be affordable to the vast majority of players. But you can put together a pretty solid set that's at least functional (rare quality vs. exotic) pretty affordably.
    Yeah, it's just frustrating to me that setting up ONE gear set to play ONE spec of ONE class is such a huge investment of time/gold/etc.

I really feel like if I had infinite gold somehow that I'd play GW2 more. Maybe. Not sure. But it does drive me nuts that if I want to just do the equivalent of pressing the "switch spec" button in other games I have to sink the equivalent of many, many hours of farming into it. Just so I can switch from a direct damage spec to a DoT spec or a support spec or...

Yeah, it's just frustrating to me that setting up ONE gear set to play ONE spec of ONE class is such a huge investment of time/gold/etc.
    Depends on the set. A lot of the basic combos are cheap as fuck and again, you can absolutely test a build using rare gear to see if you even think it's worth more serious investing in.

I really feel like if I had infinite gold somehow that I'd play GW2 more. Maybe. Not sure. But it does drive me nuts that if I want to just do the equivalent of pressing the "switch spec" button in other games I have to sink the equivalent of many, many hours of farming into it. Just so I can switch from a direct damage spec to a DoT spec or a support spec or...
    I'd sure enjoy it more, lol. I'd be able to afford a few legendary weapons finally. But at least the free templates for builds/gear help with swapping, and once you've "built" your alternate set the swapping between them is pretty easy - even if you have to do it manually.

This post led me to watch this video, posted 1 day ago, and it actually looks like a pretty neat game ngl.
    https://youtu.be/8Igt-39ttFI

So I'm having the weirdest experience right now...I normally run my primary monitor at higher refresh rates but dropped it down to 60hz to address some issues with a game and I haven't changed it. Suddenly, the world bosses that used to stutter even with super low player settings are doable on high (limit/quality) at a stable 60. Bumped up to supersample too which I'd previously taken down a touch.

I did get a recent nvidia driver update but I wouldn't expect this kind of major performance improvement out of it. Something changed and I'm super happy for it either way, holy shit events might not look like super awkward ghost towns.

So I'm having the weirdest experience right now...I normally run my primary monitor at higher refresh rates but dropped it down to 60hz to address some issues with a game and I haven't changed it. Suddenly, the world bosses that used to stutter even with super low player settings are doable on high (limit/quality) at a stable 60. Bumped up to supersample too which I'd previously taken down a touch.

I did get a recent nvidia driver update but I wouldn't expect this kind of major performance improvement out of it. Something changed and I'm super happy for it either way, holy shit events might not look like super awkward ghost towns.
    It sounds like Guild Wars 2 still has some odds and ends tied directly with framerate and having it over 60 (especially way over, or having it fluctuate constantly) fucks with the game. While uncommon, some games (and programs in general) just straight up hate having two different monitors of varying refresh rates too. Doubly so if it has framerate bound things. My best guess, anyhow.

Although I doubt a recent Nvidia driver would improve GW2 of all things, it's a very old game that Nvidia doesn't optimizes for anymore beyond making sure it runs from problematic reports.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It sounds like Guild Wars 2 still has some odds and ends tied directly with framerate and having it over 60 (especially way over, or having it fluctuate constantly) fucks with the game. While uncommon, some games (and programs in general) just straight up hate having two different monitors of varying refresh rates too. Doubly so if it has framerate bound things. My best guess, anyhow.

Although I doubt a recent Nvidia driver would improve GW2 of all things, it's a very old game that Nvidia doesn't optimizes for anymore beyond making sure it runs from problematic reports.
    Yeah, that's the best I can figure. I'm not exactly complaining by any means, just a very unexpected development.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm needing to change my email on account - just now realizing it's not quite as simple as FFXIV or WoW's processes.
    It's a ticket.. Look, I know it's for security purposes. But good god! I just changed my email for my PSN and it was nowhere near as daunting as this sounds (15 train puzzles and a verification email - shockingly fun and interactive and simple for a company as big as Sony).

Anyone changed their email through the ticketing system/update info? What can I expect once I've submitted any identifying info - will a customer service rep contact me via email? Or is it automated?

Edit: They changed my email address, and I've had to create a new password. All within probably 3 hours which is surprisingly quicker than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-08-15 at 04:08 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bought Secrets of the Obscure today! Time to come back!

Hi all again, good to see that some familiar faces are still around

Welcome back, friendo.

Really enjoying the expansion so far. Story is decent, maps looks good and there's plenty to do. Very excited to try weaponmastery on some of the professions too!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lazy Peon's take on GW2 in his latest video about it is pretty freaking bad.
    God damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Lazy Peon's take on GW2 in his latest video about it is pretty freaking bad.
    God damnit.
    I hadn't seen it until you mentioned it and I went to look...I'm just glad he touched on the thing that always makes me pissed about GW2: You log in, want to do some content, find a build, don't have the gear, go buy it all, blow your bank on it, and you can finally do some content...with one build, on one character, in one form of content.

It's a silly barrier to entry, and kills any desire to experiment, try stuff, play other modes, etc.

Just remove gear altogether and do what they do in sPvP. Gear is stupid anyway, you get no enjoyment from getting it, you only get annoyed by not having the prefixes.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2023-09-26 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I know who lazy peon is or that he put out a gw2 video because I saw people laughing at it

Resident Cosplay Progressive