Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    For my first character i think i have narrowed it down to either engineer or necromancer, i have never had such a hard time picking a class
    Not sure which one I will play First but i want to design them very early and then make my decision right then and there

For my first character i think i have narrowed it down to either engineer or necromancer, i have never had such a hard time picking a class
    I feel ya man, kinda trying to decide between Thief, Engineer and Elementalist. Dagger / Dagger thiefs don't look that interesting, Elementalist's look awesome and guess they have a high skillcap with all the buttons they smash. ;>
    Asura will be the race fo sho tho.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Random post but I would just like to say that thanks to the post about the Everquest server here, my Charr Engineer will now be named Fippy Darkpaw, because that name is just awesome, and I can see it fit the kind of character I want it to be. One name down, a billion to go.
    Haha epic. Sadly, a widely known EQ character like Fippy (a.k.a. suicidal) Darkpaw is probably already reserved by someone with a GW1 account. One of my WoW characters shares a name with another famous EQ character and it's a good way to meet fellow old school players. Hint: there are quite a few other members of the Darkpaw familiy whose names you might like and probably aren't reserved yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    Yes, go ahead and fight each other until there's nothing left, maybe then us Humans can reclaim the land for ourselves...
    Til' nothings left HA! Charr will crush these insolent whelps and feast on their stringy flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Haha epic. Sadly, a widely known EQ character like Fippy (a.k.a. suicidal) Darkpaw is probably already reserved by someone with a GW1 account. One of my WoW characters shares a name with another famous EQ character and it's a good way to meet fellow old school players. Hint: there are quite a few other members of the Darkpaw familiy whose names you might like and probably aren't reserved yet.
    this makes me sad, but I will look into it, I never got to play EQ but remember I used to watch a very old machinima type of show about it, wish I could remember the name, but I saw the thread on here and got curious about the character.

I'm looking at Thief, Guardian, or Ranger as my first class. I really can't decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree, I'm still deciding between an engineer, necromancer, and warrior. I know my 1st race will be a Sylvari though... or mabye Charr... so many decisions that I can't make up my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    I'm looking at Thief, Guardian, or Ranger as my first class. I really can't decide.
    i would wait till the open beta phase for a decision. there will surely be edited alot on the classes till then, and honestly, we didnt saw nice gameplay of these classes. i mean the vids from gamescom are ok, but they dont show the full potential. for me elementalist is for exampel for appealing atm, but this is due to all the vids from eles and all the scarry stuff they can do. im rly waiting for some ranger/thief vids so i can see what they can actually do. all that i saw was some pistol firing and so on, nothing special. and the devs said thief is for exampel one of the harder classes to play, so got a high skill cap. so there must be some special tricks they can do and pet system isnt finalized either...another thing is that elementalists must care about 20 + utility skills. so thats there speciality. i cant believe the other classes dont got there speciality regarding the skill using. so, ill wait till i can get more input

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    i would wait till the open beta phase for a decision. there will surely be edited alot on the classes till then, and honestly, we didnt saw nice gameplay of these classes. i mean the vids from gamescom are ok, but they dont show the full potential. for me elementalist is for exampel for appealing atm, but this is due to all the vids from eles and all the scarry stuff they can do. im rly waiting for some ranger/thief vids so i can see what they can actually do. all that i saw was some pistol firing and so on, nothing special. and the devs said thief is for exampel one of the harder classes to play, so got a high skill cap. so there must be some special tricks they can do and pet system isnt finalized either...another thing is that elementalists must care about 20 + utility skills. so thats there speciality. i cant believe the other classes dont got there speciality regarding the skill using. so, ill wait till i can get more input
    Watch the PAX PVP vids, those will blow your mind, and show a lot about the skills and strats going to be used in the game, I still like to watch the vids from time to time, although yes some of the stuff will be changed(specifically looking at rangers) the game is very polished as it is, but the GW2 team is looking for perfection so it will be interesting to see the changes going to be added as we get closer to the Beta....which I pray I will be able to join in.

Thief is the leader so far, but I"m also very interested in the other two classes (ranger/guardian). All for different reasons: Thief is STUPID mobile, the amount of 'step to' and 'retreat' abilities they have is ridiculous (I played a prot warrior in WoW, and Warbringer was by far my favourite talent), I love mobility, and the Thief has that in spades (all the stealth abilities are neat too).

Rangers have the ability to spread conditions like nobodies business (fire/bleeding/cripple/poison!!!), and the pets offer unique abilities to combine your attacks with theirs.

Guardians have a lot of control options, and great support abilities.

All completely different playstyles, but all sound like so much fun.

My first profession will be the Mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    My first profession will be the Mesmer.
    What if the last profession is named bookah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    How about you roll all of those at the start, play them equally at first, and then eventually you'll lean more towards 1 profession than the others. Personally i'm dead-set on playing a guardian as main, but rolling so so so so many alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm for sure going to play Ranger first.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    My order of interest is Guardian >Warrior > Elementalist = Engineer > Ranger > Thief = Necromancer. Plan on having all 8 classes though, and will even buy slots if they make me.

What if the last profession is named bookah!
    I wonder how that would work as an Asura.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna make an Asura and name it Bookah T
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Damn I forgot that mesmer might be available... they all sound fun, I'll probably shell some cash out for the extra character slots to have one of each.

Asura Elementalist -> Asura Engineer -> Norn ____

Just need to find a good name :S

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'm gonna make an Asura and name it Bookah T
    Heh. I might make a gw character with that name, just to reserve it. ;-P

nah, just playin