10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they have PvP servers where you can just run around killing people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    wont happen. only in WvWvW

Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    They won't because it will be impossible to do the scaling thing they love to make it fair. If you can't prevent griefing then they won't do it all. Besides lorewise everyones supposed to respect each other.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jac_Arcanis View Post
    They won't because it will be impossible to do the scaling thing they love to make it fair. If you can't prevent griefing then they won't do it all. Besides lorewise everyones supposed to respect each other.
    That's Dissapointing, btw what's Asura week?
    Edit: Nvm Found it, http://www.arena.net/blog/prepare-yo...for-asura-week

Quote Originally Posted by xourico View Post
    actually, the big events (like huge dragon boss, not the smaller ones we saw on videos so far) will probably need, or will be easier if you grab your guild and do it organized, imagine your entire guild 100+ ppl killing a massive boss... I call that ENDGAME!!
    Or a HUGE lag cluster. And what if you, and your guild wants to kill this guy alone?.. can't just shove people that want to join off. As epic as it sounds I want to see this in action before I can give an opinion. But I have my doubts when it comes to this whole dynamic content, endgame starting at lv 1 thing and other things. Have a feeling it will be very old very quickly. The only thing I can point at and have a sence it will turn out good is the PvP side of the game.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-09-11 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Or a HUGE lag cluster. And what if you, and your guild wants to kill this guy alone?.. can't just shove people that want to join off. As epic as it sounds I want to see this in action before I can give an opinion. But I have my doubts if this whole dynaic content, endgame starting at lv 1 thing and other things won't be very old very quickly. The only thing I can point at and have a sence it will turn out good is the PvP side of the game.
    why do you want as a guild to kill a boss alone? this is not a flame or so, just a simple question<,<

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    why do you want as a guild to kill a boss alone? this is not a flame or so, just a simple question<,<
    Why not?.. some guilds out there will no doubt want to do it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    snip
    There's a difference between having a legitimate concern and spewing out random, uninformed bullshit that is completely irrelevant because it doesn't make sense in the first place. I'm okay with people having concerns. I have concerns with the game too. But when somebody just posts something for the sake of getting a rise out of people, then it's trolling. If people do have real concerns though then I'm all for people sharing them. It'll help Arenanet improve their game.

Or a HUGE lag cluster. And what if you, and your guild wants to kill this guy alone?.. can't just shove people that want to join off. As epic as it sounds I want to see this in action before I can give an opinion. But I have my doubts when it comes to this whole dynamic content, endgame starting at lv 1 thing and other things. Have a feeling it will be very old very quickly. The only thing I can point at and have a sence it will turn out good is the PvP side of the game.
    Well, the whole point of having outdoor events is so that everybody can participate in them. They've stated that they want to create a sense of community on each server. I guess if a guild really wants to just do stuff by themselves they can always do dungeons. Or PvP.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2011-09-11 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, (at least from the information we have so far) I think we can conclude that this wouldn't be the game for them. Granted, there will be difficult PvE challenges in the form of dungeons if groups of friends want to do that stuff on their own, but the large dynamic events are intended for everyone on the server who wants to participate.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    but why should guilds hinder themselfs from more fun? if mor epeople participate the boss geds harder and more challenging for all people, or just would sclae, i dunno if scaling= more challenging. you dont distribute your loot or anything else, so why should guilds do an event alone? it would be like strangers who say: no, this is my cooky, i dont care if u came we get 2 cooky, i want mine and u get nothing! im seeing it like that the game is meant for: more people = more fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone else sad that there will be no Centaurs called Larry?

For the race hate competition, Charr > all, Asura are just the skid marks on the pants of Tyria.
    Female Charr > Male Charr, since female Charr shouldn't be classified with the males
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-11 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    *mindcontroll ray from arenanet* I. SEE. ONLY. TWO. YOUR. CLAIMS. ARE. WRONG. NO. MISTAKE. WAS. MADE. IT. IS. YOUR. IMAGINATION.
    i know there are 3, i just hope they stay as 3, looks more badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    No, it's not a legitimate concern to you or other people that think like you. It is to people that don't think that way. It's not fair of you to trivialize the concerns of others.
    i think the disconnect occurs because people try and apply a system from traditional mmos which cannot work given the mechanics and systems being used in GW2; like skill based pvp, side-kicking and truly social gaming. people also forget that GW2 has a very robust end-game even if you just take end-game as starting at max level; epic DEs, crafting, WvWvW pvp, structured pvp, 3 dungeons with 4 distinctly different paths each, mini-games in every major racial city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut, but I've noticed the GW2 community on the whole to be combative against anyone who enjoys te older playstyle. Oft times, you compare yourselves with a pat on the back for being a better community than the shitty WoW community and "hope they don't play". (This is true of every community btw. I see it in my TOR thread and it drives me nuts.) Being critical of others for not whole heartedly embracing GW2's change everything doctorine, yet calling out things they enjoy as being dumb or outdated just strikes me as wrong and does a disservice to the community.
    not going to lie, SWTOR's community is far worse. yes there are a few guys in this thread with a chip on their shoulders and selfish tendencies but compare SWTOR forums with like GW2Guru the difference is scary, i mean they even jump on their own faithful. it's really sad to see.

@Lefuu and @Trollsbane, just squash your beef it's annoying to have to read through it all to get to constructive posts. if you still feel hostile towards each other and want to go at it please use whispers.

@Malbabo the term you are thinking of is instancing NOT phasing. all resources in the game are instanced so everyone in the game world can see them and even if after you gather it disappears for you others will still be able to gather their fair share from the same node.

i would assume that an announcement system would be implemented for the large DE bosses so even if you were not there as long as you were in the zone you would see the message pop up and decide if you wanted to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You're right in your assessment, the opinion of people that didn't play the original Guild Wars really means nothing at all to me.

People can be concerned all they will, no one said GW2 will be for everyone - especially people that are stuck in a certain mindset.
    that's a rather myopic view and one the devs do not share with you as they are trying to make this game more accessible to those people who did not play GW1. if you really think that answering people's questions and concerns is really that far beneath you then maybe you should consider not replying to those posts.

@Lycrus and @degonite i think you guys are having a language barrier issue that is leading to alot of misunderstandings, just be easy.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    there will be 2 sets of armor types for every race.

each race has a race armor. the sylvari got the leaf armor, looks "leafish" lol^^ but if they put on the "normal" armor from events and so on, the armor is looking like the armor of every other race. only the race armor of the sylvari is leafish^^ i hope you understood it, my english isnt the best^^
    I have actually been wondering this for a while, thank you for clearing that up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I'm afraid you don't get the concept. When more and more WoW players got broadband, and it allowed to create more complex raid mechanics, starting from Naxxrammas, it became clear that complex mechanics doesn't work for 40-men. So 25- and 10-men raids came to be.
    To succesfully run an event for random number of not associated, not coordinated people you need to trivialize it's mechanics. If encounter has trivial mechanics, that means it can be zerged. The name of the game doesn't matter, it's universal.
    One major reason why WoW was having hard time with complex boss mechanics and finding balance when more players were in raid was because different roles like tank, dps, healer. Anet have took out such roles so players can't trivialize boss mechanics by for example having more than intended amount of healers. You can't just zerg boss by having more than intended number of players either, because more players means more hp on boss.

One possible event scenario could be that you and 7 other players from your guild go do event and there is already 30 random players doing that event. When boss finally spawn you realize that every single one of these 30 random players keep failing and standing in various 1shot boss mechanics, so you stop reviving as it would seem waste of time and focus on doing the boss encounter with guildies instead. You and your guildies had challenging boss encounter while some newbies had chance to watch and learn how it's supposed to be done, but everyone had more or less fun.

Instead of the guild killing him alone, they could use their organization to assist the random players in downing the boss; dedicating your members to a specific portion of the fight, or dividing them up around the encounter to ensure everything goes as it should.

Just a thought. See it as an opportunity instead of a restriction.

Well to each their own I suppose. I am very excited about the dynamic content. And even if it does get old, it certainly beats out dailies and the constant rat race through gear grind raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    not going to lie, SWTOR's community is far worse. yes there are a few guys in this thread with a chip on their shoulders and selfish tendencies but compare SWTOR forums with like GW2Guru the difference is scary, i mean they even jump on their own faithful. it's really sad to see.
    Every game community has it's bad side. I also find that the worst part of the community tends to congregate in the official game forums, just look at the official WoW forums on the Blizzard site for proof and as you said the SWTOR official Bioware forums are bad, most the people in the topic that Trollsbane created don't even wish to spend much time there.

Unfortunately MMO Champ has some bad apples from each camp as well. There have been GW2 fans that have stopped into the SWTOR thread just to start some crap, there have been SWTOR fans that have stopped in here to give you guys crap, I also believe that Rift and WoW fans have been in both places trying to spread crap as well. Luckily though these people are few and are usually quickly silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Instead of the guild killing him alone, they could use their organization to assist the random players in downing the boss; dedicating your members to a specific portion of the fight, or dividing them up around the encounter to ensure everything goes as it should.

Just a thought. See it as an opportunity instead of a restriction.
    I get what all you guys mean about helping each other out and being a community and all. And I, myself is really looking forward to GW2 also. I'm just concerned that all this inovating stuff Anet is talking about is just a hype and they are not ready or cannot for other reasons deliver. It all looks good on paper, but does it translate to when you are actually playing the game? I hope I'm wrong and Anet pulls this off.

To list some of my concerns.

1: Grand epic bossfights with 100+ players. Would this create a major lagfest or in alot of cases melt down people's PC's?
    2: I know that in pvp battlegrounds you can be switched to the opposit side if someone leaves the battle and you ending up fighting the same people you where just grped with 10 sec ago. Really don't like the sound of that.
    3: aprox. 1/3 of the world/lv'ing experience taking place under water. (I know about the abilities changing when you are in water) I just can't stand underwater combat.

These are just some of the things that I have had thoughts about. Again.. I really hope it turns out good.

What I do love though is the whole "we are all equal when we pvp" thing. That when you enter a BG you do not end up being OP cos you have better gear than everyone else or get ROFL-stomped cos you just dinged end lv. I can see that alot of people don't like this, but imo it is one of the key factors for me being interrested in this game.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-09-11 at 08:49 PM.

Anyone have a clue when the third GW2 book is coming out?

Anymore info on crafting besides the stuff on the first page?

Deleted
    I get what all you guys mean about helping each other out and being a community and all. And I, myself is really looking forward to GW2 also. I'm just concerned that all this inovating stuff Anet is talking about is just a hype and they are not ready or cannot for other reasons deliver. It all looks good on paper, but does it translate to when you are actually playing the game? I hope I'm wrong and Anet pulls this off.

To list some of my concerns.

1: Grand epic bossfights with 100+ players. Would this create a major lagfest or in alot of cases melt down people's PC's?
    2: I know that in pvp battlegrounds you can be switched to the opposit side if someone leaves the battle and you ending up fighting the same people you where just grped with 10 sec ago. Really don't like the sound of that.
    3: aprox. 1/3 of the world/lv'ing experience taking place under water. (I know about the abilities changing when you are in water) I just can't stand underwater combat.

These are just some of the things that I have had thoughts about. Again.. I really hope it turns out good.

What I do love though is the whole "we are all equal when we pvp" thing. That when you enter a BG you do not end up being OP cos you have better gear than everyone else or get ROFL-stomped cos you just dinged end lv. I can see that alot of people don't like this, but imo it is one of the key factors for me being interrested in this game.
    well, these are mostly my concers, too, except underwater. you arent even slowed down underwater. its just that you can gp up and down. dunno how it plays out.