Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Mesmer or Monk would be great for both professions. Mesmer for necro if you're going Curse/ Blood, Monk if you're going Death Magic (MM). For ele's I'm not so sure off all the possibilities, I personally went E/R for mine... I REALLY liked pets...
    Aw... I can't have all of them? Oh well. I'll probably go with Death Magic since being a necromancer is all about raising the undead and overcoming your opponents with sheer numbers. There's also a tactical level of play involved and as an avid fan of RTS games, I can honestly see myself enjoying that immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    To add an "intellectual look," you could buy the spectacles headpiece once you get far enough into Eye of the North to access Rata Sum, and have the appropriate Auran reputation rank.
    That's great! That alone is worth the price of this game but I'll take the fact that they have a real necromancer class instead of that pathetic death knight Blizzard handed off to us as a nice bonus.

Which reminds me, how much is Guild Wars and all the expansions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Aw... I can't have all of them?

Which reminds me, how much is Guild Wars and all the expansions?
    Not all at once though, but you can gain access to all other professions once you pass certain missions in each campaign.

The price is around 30-40 for all campaigns and the expansion I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Not all at once though, but you can gain access to all other professions once you pass certain missions in each campaign.

The price is around 30-40 for all campaigns and the expansion I believe.
    Ah, okay. That works.

Is that PER? Or all together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    all together
    What he said. Sure as hell beats the 190 I spent as a 14-15 year old...

That's the best news I've heard since... I don't know... but that's really great. Thanks for all the help guys. I'll use the wiki for a while and if I don't understand something else, I'll come back to pester you all some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Its a little of column A little of Column B. There are 3 campaigns and 1 expansion. Each campaign is stand alone, you can buy just 1 and not the others and be just fine, although you do have the option of takeing a character from one campaign into any of the other 2 if you've purchased them. Likewise you can use skills from other campaigns if you've got access to their associated campaign. The expansion, Eye of the north only requires you to have 1 of the 3 campaigns, does not mater which. That said there is little point in buying the campaign's seperatly, each one is about 10$ individualy but the bundle of all 3 is only 20, sometimes cheeper if you find a steam sale and I've seen all 3 and the expansion for 25$. its far cheeper than most other games these days and no monthly fee.
    Thanks for the info!
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

ok silly question ive not really been on the gw2 bandwagon ive been following swtor i would follow gw2 but my health has taken a turn for the worst and i find easy things difficult but gw2 looks awesome just wondering if there has been a beta yet? is there a realese date yet?. and from what i have seen its does look very verydifferent from your standard mmo (wow) do you think it will be as easy to pick up and play as wow was is? (wow is easy to play hard to master imo) just because of what i have seen looks quite complex which is not a bad thing at all,
    i probably will buy it it looks great and i will need something to ass the time i dont expect to be able to work for at least 2 years from now,and wow has become very stale, so roll on gw2 and swtor im looking forward to playing on a beta from either. hope someone thinks these are some sensible questions i dont really fancy reading through nearly 500 pages of threads
    Last edited by wenslydale; 2011-09-25 at 06:06 AM. Reason: bad grammer more to ask

Quote Originally Posted by wenslydale View Post
    ok silly question ive not really been on the gw2 bandwagon ive been following swtor i would follow gw2 but my health has taken a turn for the worst and i find easy things difficult but gw2 looks awesome just wondering if there has been a beta yet? is there a realese date yet?. and from what i have seen its does look very verydifferent from your standard mmo (wow) do you think it will be as easy to pick up and play as was is? (wow is easy to play hard to master imo) just because of what i have seen looks quite complex which is not a bad thing at all,
    i probably will buy it it looks great and i will need something to ass the time i dont expect to be able to work for at least 2 years from now,and wow has become very stale, so roll on gw2 and swtor im looking forward to playing on a beta from either
    MY EYES. IT BURNS.
    Seriously, ever heard of punctuation?

<Mod Edit: Keep it constructive, no need to flame>

Every single thing you asked has been answered on the front page. Please read before you post.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-09-25 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok silly question ive not really been on the gw2 bandwagon ive been following swtor i would follow gw2 but my health has taken a turn for the worst and i find easy things difficult but gw2 looks awesome just wondering if there has been a beta yet? is there a realese date yet?. and from what i have seen its does look very verydifferent from your standard mmo (wow) do you think it will be as easy to pick up and play as was is? (wow is easy to play hard to master imo) just because of what i have seen looks quite complex which is not a bad thing at all,
    i probably will buy it it looks great and i will need something to ass the time i dont expect to be able to work for at least 2 years from now,and wow has become very stale, so roll on gw2 and swtor im looking forward to playing on a beta from either
    No beta, no release date yet. Easy to pick up as demonstrated by all the PAX and Convention videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    MY EYES. IT BURNS.
    Seriously, ever heard of punctuation?

Every single thing you asked has been answered on the front page. Please read before you post.
    ok r smart asrse as i said i have been very ill i have brain cancer i find alot of things difficult reading punctuation so give me a break and as i said why do i want to look thro 500 pages i dont think my mental capacity will last that long right now, i was just hoping there are some nice souls left in this wrld that can help a fella out, so to you perhaps you ask me to read before i post i think you should take some of your own advice and also read before you post, i know you dont know my circumstances but as they say practice hat you preach will get you a long way in life. and also if it burns yours eyes you was never forced to read it im sure if your that amazing your would of seen the wall of text and just skipped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No beta, no release date yet. Easy to pick up as demonstrated by all the PAX and Convention videos.
    Thank you for this answer instead of going the route of the answer before you

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

ok silly question ive not really been on the gw2 bandwagon ive been following swtor i would follow gw2 but my health has taken a turn for the worst and i find easy things difficult but gw2 looks awesome just wondering if there has been a beta yet? is there a realese date yet?. and from what i have seen its does look very verydifferent from your standard mmo (wow) do you think it will be as easy to pick up and play as wow was is? (wow is easy to play hard to master imo) just because of what i have seen looks quite complex which is not a bad thing at all,
    i probably will buy it it looks great and i will need something to ass the time i dont expect to be able to work for at least 2 years from now,and wow has become very stale, so roll on gw2 and swtor im looking forward to playing on a beta from either. hope someone thinks these are some sensible questions i dont really fancy reading through nearly 500 pages of threads
    First, I'm sorry to hear about your health. I hope you get better!

Second, no, no release date or beta yet. Arenanet have stated that beta starts in 2011, so expect closed beta to start in November/December.

Third, yes, it is exactly like you described (easy to learn, hard to master). You can just run around and fight while standing still, etc, and do fine. But the true masters will get good at dodging attacks and timing their skills. There's also a lot of easy, low demand content for that "pick up and play" feel, including server browser style PvP (so no queue times), and random events that appear throughout the world. If you feel like more of a challenge, then dungeons for PvE and tournament style ranked PvP are for you.

Hope these answered your questions!
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

thanks for your concern and your straight answer you have restored my faith in humainity 99% of people just bitch at you you have completely answered my questions, i have not been on the gw2 bandwagon as of yet but im sure i will follow it alot more now it looks pretty amazing, just from the couple of vids i have seen it does look very different but that is a good thing in the world of mmos, and thanks again for your straight reply, you have fully restored my faith in humanity.

thanks for your concern and your straight answer you have restored my faith in humainity 99% of people just bitch at you you have completely answered my questions, i have not been on the gw2 bandwagon as of yet but im sure i will follow it alot more now it looks pretty amazing, just from the couple of vids i have seen it does look very different but that is a good thing in the world of mmos, and thanks again for your straight reply, you have fully restored my faith in humanity.
    There's always a few bad apples, but I feel humanity is generally good at heart

I'm glad I could help, feel free to drop in anytime with anymore questions you have!
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Thank you for this answer instead of going the route of the answer before you
    I wonder when they'll release their beta.

soon i hope, wicked sig i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    hmmmmm, maybe they changed it for the Celestial skill because it is not working, the skill does not get copied. it works fine for other aoes just not the celestial one, unless i have to bring some henchmen along so they get banished idk. i just may be doing it wrong but i go AE > Celestial > Echo > AE Spell > Echo Spell. i think Celestial can only be recharged by killing the bound guys and if that's try to the echo thing then i don't see how that will work.
    ya I relooked and I got the order backwards. Celestial storm is a skill not a spell so AE cant copy it directly, it can only copy spells. Instead you need to get AE to copy echo which is a spell and should copy the celestial skill. IF you put AE on 1 Echo on 2 and celestial storm on 3 the corect skill activation order would be 1 2 3 1 2 1, or archane echo, echo, celestial storm, echo(copy), celestial storm(first copy), celestial storm (second copy)

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    New Tb vid up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHal.../0/RJC28DUQcZs

Like the look of the thief. Two gun actions is always good.

Intresting video. while not the pinnacle of play from either side but also nice to have it slow enough to see whats going on. its kind of hard to figure out whats happening from a video when both sides are bouncing around like grasshoppers on crack and numbers are flying everywhere.

Who is John Galt?