lol well with the addition of shitty pandas

wow is fully dead

bring on GW2, can't wait for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now if you sign up for 12 month contract for Wow, they will give you Diablo 3 for free, a mount and guaranteed entry to Wow beta's.

I think they might be a bit worried about losing subs in the next 6 months to GW2 and SWTOR...

oh they are

they've lost me after lackluster cata expansion. this panda crap totally killed any hope id resub to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    whoa whoa whoa! what's with all this Charr hating going on here?
    You're surprised at people disliking the Charr? The Charr were despised long before the Asura even broke the surface. The reason? Little thing called the Searing; ringing any bells for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    So everyone, how many GW2 features do you think we will see announced at Blizzcon today?

>.>
    I laughed. Watch them announce the implementation of Waypoints and the removal of mounts.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    GC keeps using the word "iterate"

I wonder what he's been following for that word to rub off?

these "pve scenarios"

watch it be DE's

lmao watch GW2 do it sooo much better

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL PVE scenarios are crappy instanced ghetto DE's that you queue for and "challenge mode dungeons" give you gear thats all about looks with no stats.

Rip off GW2 ideas much?

"Iterate" has been game-developer-speak for a long time.

I did get a kick out of this, though:
    Monk Resources
    Chi (energy) slowly regenerates and is only used for your Jab and Roll abilities. <- shoutout/swiped from GW2?
    Jab generates Light and Dark force, which are used for everything else. Some finishing move uses dark force, some use the light force. <- shoutout/swiped from SW:TOR?
    No auto attack! Devs want you to have this street fighter feel where you punch a lot <- shoutout/swiped from both?
    Any details yet on what "PvE scenarios" and "challenge dungeons" are? (Edit: Yes. >_<)

10+ Year Old Account
    And you can now fight with your mini pets, just like GW2 announced!

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    "Iterate" has been game-developer-speak for a long time.
    Not by GC.
    I participated in the damage dealing forums quite intensely when GC used to be involved there, and he never used that term.

lmao they'll suck ass compared to GW2's way of doing it.

I don't think they looked at the DEs for their scenarios. It looks more like they "borrowed" the idea from LotRO and their skirmishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think they looked at the DEs for their scenarios. It looks more like they "borrowed" the idea from LotRO and their skirmishes.
    Either way, if this is the best Blizzard can do....

It also looks like WoW is trying to scrap their talent system in order to make it like GW2.

Taken from front page of MMO-Champion
    You will get additional spec abilities later. There are anything that you really need to function, they will just be given to you to make sure you have all the tools you need to have.
    It sounds like just gaining levels will have these new skills or whatever just pop up on your bar. Kinda like how in GW2 when you use a weapon for an extended time you start unlocking abilities.

I enjoyed the skirmishes, so it really isn't a bad idea of them to put those in. Sure beats grinding daily quests that's for sure. However, the whole expansion on Kung Fu Pandas seems laughable to me.

I kinda like the gist of what I'm seeing about the new talent system, though implementation will probably still yield cookie-cutter "specs," in spite of all their efforts against it.

Kinda sad, though, that this is the best they can muster to field against the in-bound juggernauts of ToR and GW2.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Its strange. I thought wotlk killed wow and now It seems pandas will kill wow.

It ends the same way many people said it will
    "the only people that can kill wow is blizzard"

Quote Originally Posted by morlem View Post
    Its strange. I thought wotlk killed wow and now It seems pandas will kill wow.

It ends the same way many people said it will
    "the only people that can kill wow is blizzard"
    Blizz is doing a damn good job of killing wow that's for sure.

they're ripping GW2 stuff off and guaranteed it won't be near the quality that GW2's version will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I kinda like the gist of what I'm seeing about the new talent system, though implementation will probably still yield cookie-cutter "specs," in spite of all their efforts against it.
    If anything, it will make progression PVE more like the build wars of GW1, where everyone will have a build for this boss and a build for that boss, all designed to counter the specific boss and compliment each others skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post

Kinda sad, though, that this is the best they can muster to field against the in-bound juggernauts of ToR and GW2.
    Yup people keep throwing around "WoW clone" as an insult for other MMOs that come out, and it's true that many of the games even SWTOR, which I'm stoked to play is like WoW in a lot of respects. But now WoW is being turned up on it's head to be more like a clone of SWTOR and GW2

lol Everything I've read today seems like it was written by some random for an April fools joke. They clearly don't give a shit anymore and are just tacking things on from other popular games to try and extend WoW's lifespan. GW2, SWTOR, Pokemon... what next, Minecraft?

They are the gaming equivalent of the Vidiians from Voyager!