Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    I think you can use rifles as a ranger.
    Rangers can only use bows. Only warriors can use rifles. Only Thieves can use pistols.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they must have meant to say Warrior, Rangers don't use any guns and Warriors are the only profession able to use rifles that have been released this far.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-15 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! I can honestly say, the WoW killer now.
    Guild Wars 2 won't have a monthly fee, meaning that many WoW players can play it while still subscribing to WoW. It won't compete for players' wallets in the same way The Old Republic would, so the two games have the potential to coexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Guild Wars 2 won't have a monthly fee, meaning that many WoW players can play it while still subscribing to WoW. It won't compete for players' wallets in the same way The Old Republic would, so the two games have the potential to coexist.
    I just hope they can keep up with the development cycle they did in GW1. Of all the games at the time, I feel they did amazing support for no subscription fees. Expansions yearly like clockwork so content didn't stale so easily. With the complexity of games jumping so much in the last 6 years though, I just don't know.

There was an NCSoft Quarterly report posted ages ago that showed that server costs were like, negligible, so clearly subscriptions go mostly to Customer Support. ANet won't have to provide that though since it'll be bundled in with NCSoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    You might want to read the interview. They have confirmed they are using some code from Aion as the basis for their character customisation, but are tweaking it to work the way they want it to. The actual game engine is completely different as you said.
    They said they are using the same technology. Technology != code

What they actually mean is that they are using Morph targets (interpolation between a base polygon with 2 "offset" versions) and that is the technology letting you adjust sliders to define the way each part of your character looks.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    This is pretty much the make or break of the game, since there will be no real endgame scenario they must be able to push new content at regular intervals to keep people hooked.
    They confirmed a team is already working on the first expansion and are well underway with the creation process for the new race(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Won't be a wow killer indeed, but I can honestly say I'm sure it will do very well in the market, given that GW1 sold over 7 million copies (I think that's all games combined though, but that's still more than 2.5 million players I assume. And that was in 2005-2007, before the market really boomed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GW2 sell 5mill+ copies. Not everyone will keep actively playing of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Oh I was totally expecting them to, the first and second expansion shouldn't be a problem it whats comes after...
    I doubt they'll do the same thing all over again and go for GW3

If GW2 is succesful, I can see it going for years and years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I doubt they'll do the same thing all over again and go for GW3

If GW2 is succesful, I can see it going for years and years to come.
    The thing is, they don't need GW3. They needed GW2. GW1 had a series of flaws that were forced on them due to budgets and time limits. ANet has come out and say that GW2 is basically the game they wanted GW1 to be. And in that respect, I believe them. Just seeing the technology this game is being founded upon, it will have a lasting power that GW1 couldn't even dream of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do something like http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Utopia.

I know the negatives of adding new classes but the chronomancers and summoners look coooooool
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    chronomancers will not be in gw2 on release date, not sure if they're ever going to be in. I would love a spear/shield wielding melee profession, with leather armor

no spears yet though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    chronomancers will not be in gw2 on release date, not sure if they're ever going to be in. I would love a spear/shield wielding melee profession, with leather armor

no spears yet though
    I'm talking about in a future release.

I wouldn't mind a Paragon profession again though. Just focus on shouts, chants and echos more than spear attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Been looking around for a list of class skills/abilities, which brings to the question, how many classes have all their skill completely done. From the looks of there aren't, well, any. Warriors still don't have all their customizable skill builds finished, Thief's don't even have their ultimate moves started.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Been looking around for a list of class skills/abilities, which brings to the question, how many classes have all their skill completely done. From the looks of there aren't, well, any. Warriors still don't have all their customizable skill builds finished, Thief's don't even have their ultimate moves started.
    this post includes all known skills so far: guildwars2guru.com/forum/skill-compendium-mk-ii-t7320.html

GW2 fanboi: "Guild Wars 2 is going to kill WoW!"

uncompetitive guy who still likes WoW: "Shut up stupid, it will not kill WoW because people will be able to play both at the same time, since GW2 is F2P."

Rational thinker: "It's true that they may coexist, however, many people are pressed with time and may only be able to focus on one game at a time. It is true that many people who have played WoW will play GW2, but as a player of WoW myself I believe I'll find myself playing GW2 more often seeing as WoW has lost it's 'new and exciting' feeling. Also, on the other hand, GW2 will have micro transactions, and frequent expansions. So it's really a choice of how you will balance playing both games, and most assuredly you'll end up playing them both casually if you balance them equally. The simple truth is; most players will play GW2 hardcore and dedicate much time to the game until max level. Then they will do their regular max level grinds and raids in WoW and play GW2 on the side until major expansions release. Ah...there is so much to go on about. To put it simply: WoW will lose its' PvP fan-base completely, which accounts for nearly 10% of their subscribers. And oh my, don't get me started on what will happen to the PvE fan-base when SWtOR comes out."

Wise Quote: "GW2 can coexist with WoW, but can WoW coexist with GW2? Possibly not."
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    Wise Quote: "GW2 can coexist with WoW, but can WoW coexist with GW2? Possibly not."
    A million times this.

Why play <Insert P2P MMO Here> when you can play a game of better quality with no Subscription? I mean, I like WoW. I really do. But I can't justify paying for it when I can play GW2 for free.

I heard that when you talk in General Chat that there's no spacing between the brackets and the words.

This game's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    I heard that when you talk in General Chat that there's no spacing between the brackets and the words.

This game's amazing.
    Rofl. Don't go there!

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    We have no idea how many skills are finished.. they could easily have all skills already made for all classes but this list are just spells they want to show us.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    GW2 fanboi: "Guild Wars 2 is going to kill WoW!"
    You do realize that when someone says something like that, about "how GameZ is going to kill GameX", it's typically the GameX-fanboys who make such claims because they know it reflects badly back on GameZ.

It just makes more sense for someone insecure about their favorite game (GameX) and who are actually afraid that GameX might suffer some player loss to the new GameZ... for them to try and discredit GameZ by pretending to be a fan of GameZ and making an asshat out of themselves. Actual fans of GameZ aren't as likely to want to take a stance that would only serve to make their game look bad. It's very rare for someone who actually likes GameZ to make a claim that has such negative connotations to it.
    Last edited by Rokstrin; 2011-05-15 at 09:10 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping this game is out by December 2011 at the latest, I can't find any games to keep me busy because I just compare them to GW2.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-15 at 09:24 PM.