Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Check out Offgamers.com. They're VERY cheap and also it's no "tricks" or shit on that site, always worked for me and a guaranteed CD-key in 0-15min. Though you won'
    t get the boxes, so don't buy a game which you want the boxes of. I bought GW1 from this site as an example
    Dunno how it is now but when I bought GW1 5-6 years ago it came with an amazing fully colored 100 page or so manual with details on lore and world. Definitely worth the box price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Dunno how it is now but when I bought GW1 5-6 years ago it came with an amazing fully colored 100 page or so manual with details on lore and world. Definitely worth the box price.
    True that, but even if I wanted the boxes I'd have to drive about 1h just to be able to buy them. They're no GW1 boxes in my town... hah :S

Just about to do the first mission for the bonus in Prophecies.
    Just wondering if they're repeatable or anything? Like, in case you mess it up can you go back and try it again? Or do you need to abandon it?

Oh...and should I actually just wait on doing Prophicies missions, level to 20 and head to EoTN instead as that guide suggests?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Just wondering if they're repeatable or anything?
    Yeah they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah they are.
    Mif to the rescue as usual

Cheers bud

10+ Year Old Account
    Question. Does anyone know how bosses handle conditions. Say like confusion or immobilization. Are bosses immune to these, take less damage/lessen the affect, or take the full affects?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    Question. Does anyone know how bosses handle conditions. Say like confusion or immobilization. Are bosses immune to these, take less damage/lessen the affect, or take the full affects?
    Only thing I can say is that they aren't immune, at least not to all of them, this of course can vary between bosses. If they keep the same concept as GW1 (mini) bosses. The conditions will last for 50% shorter, this is ofc. not yet confirmed.

I was hoping once the final profession and closed beta was announced we'd be swimming in more information. I hate these info dry spells.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    The Guild Wars Complete Collection can be found cheaper than the Trilogy, and it includes Eye of the North as well.

Edit: Unless the complete collection was a temporary promotion, I can't seem to find anywhere to buy it anymore but I bought it for 15€ about a year ago.
    Couldn't find this anywhwere, so I guess it was a temporary promotion like you said.
    Still, thank you all for the replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I was hoping once the final profession and closed beta was announced we'd be swimming in more information. I hate these info dry spells.
    it is my impression that ANet are going old school with their beta and getting actual beta testers as opposed to just gamer fans so they can actually get back detailed feedback to use to make adjustments or continue to the next phase. i just hope that there are enough of them so that the process is more efficient and we can get into the open beta stage asap!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    it is my impression that ANet are going old school with their beta and getting actual beta testers as opposed to just gamer fans so they can actually get back detailed feedback to use to make adjustments or continue to the next phase. i just hope that there are enough of them so that the process is more efficient and we can get into the open beta stage asap!
    Have to remember that Anet said they wanted to make sure everything was as perfect as possible for when beta started, so they could keep them as short as possible.

We've no idea if the game is near perfect, or if these beta testers are what you said, or even how Anet aquired them.

"perfect as possible" is basically marketing nonsense. the game was being developed no grander than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "perfect as possible" is basically marketing nonsense. the game was being developed no grander than any other.
    Sure. But as someone who has been in the AoC and Warhammer betas there is certainly a difference.

it's still pretty much marketing.

Not sure if this is the right place to say this but my Charr plush is in the mail right now and I can't wait T---T (it hurts). Also, anyone else here with windows 7 take as much of the official and fan made re-sizes of GW2 art and turn them into a giant theme ? I must say that with my newly built pc and the plush, I feel so ready for the game to arrive, all I need is the collectors edition to be anounced and priced so that Arenanet can take (more) of my money.

Yeah over time I've realized that I am slowly but surely turning into a crazy fanboy, and I've accepted that.

It's rare for a game to truly deserve such admiration in my eyes, and this is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember a while back when we couldn't find a source for the buying video cards off eBay quote?

Just after 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Johanson
    The video cards we run the game on at Arenanet, you cannot buy them anymore, literally we have to order them on eBay to get our hands on them
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-11 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Remember a while back when we couldn't find a source for the buying video cards off eBay quote?

Just after 10 minutes
    You guys should have asked, I knew exactly where that was from....yes I kinda remember nearly everything I've ever seen/read about GW2. It's kinda funny actually, I can remember that kind of stuff, but if you said "Hey omlech, go get a screwdriver from the garage." I might make it to the garage and forget what you asked me to get you. My longterm memory is EXTREMELY good to the point where I can remember specific conversation and even what someone was wearing, but my short term memory isn't too hot.
    Last edited by omlech; 2012-01-11 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    I want gw2 to be in shops already xD I can't waaait... My "winter" holidays start at 10th Feb... too soon... then I have a lot of free days in April! I hope so ^^ Would be nice to buy that game as fast as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    i think you are taking that a lil' too literally, i see it as "with as few bugs as we can possibly squeeze out, before we feel satisfied that it is as near perfect as we can get it", taking into account internal schedule, continued dev costs, etc. and like Doozer said having played AoC, WAR, and now SWTOR bugs, half-assed designs and inconsistencies tend to chip away at that fresh and clean feeling games have when they launch and start to appear rather dirty instead :/
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i think you are taking that a lil' too literally, i see it as "with as few bugs as we can possibly squeeze out, before we feel satisfied that it is as near perfect as we can get it", taking into account internal schedule, continued dev costs, etc. and like Doozer said having played AoC, WAR, and now SWTOR bugs, half-assed designs and inconsistencies tend to chip away at that fresh and clean feeling games have when they launch and start to appear rather dirty instead :/
    Although we've argued before.. for once I agree with you.

I just hope they get it polished up asap, as I'm running out of things to play. I'm burnt out of BF3, SWToR is starting to take its toll on me after 6months of beta and the first month of launch..

Considering WoW or Rift again now, since I can't play GW1 as a stand alone game, when there's nobody really to play with.