Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    45 seconds in...weapon swapping....5 sets...how important it is...

Thank you TB. Finally some decent commentary yay!
    At 48secs, he mouses over a back slot. Next to it is also some other stuff which he doesn't mouse over though. What are they, I want to know!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    At 48secs, he mouses over a back slot. Next to it is also some other stuff which he doesn't mouse over though. What are they, I want to know!
    Remember, that wasn't him playing. He is doing post commentary from staff recorded footage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Remember, that wasn't him playing. He is doing post commentary from staff recorded footage.
    I know but since I've no idea which of his team was playing, I'm just going to refer to it as he.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that one particular vid may have been him playing, that's why he said he was on a laptop and the graphics were crap quality. He'd said previously that if he was to do anything GW2 related while overseas it would be on his laptop instead of the beastly computer and probably wouldn't do it justice. Makes sense to do the UI one that way, not as if he has to run around or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Snip
    OT: Woop. Gz on 1k posts Squirrel

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjDJXZIwU5k

TB Guardian Staff and Hammer video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, thanks. Finally some TB.

Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    OT: Woop. Gz on 1k posts Squirrel
    haha...thanks
    Sadly, 750 of them have been complete and utter nonsense though. Hopefully some of the remainder have been vaguely interesting

Looks like guilds will be shown on cloaks again
    And yh...he teasingly says more in depth vids are coming later...
    Gimme NAOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    FOR PEOPLE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR RIGS HANDLING GW2

The guys from pcgamer were in beta shooting vids, and they listed their specs. So you might get an idea of how you'll manage the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guil...ions-answered/

15. Can you talk about system requirements at all?

Josh: We’ll have a couple videos up later this week that walk you through all the graphics settings currently in the game and how they affect the framerates and visuals. In brief, the game ran pretty smoothly on my machine (7.5 Windows rating, 3.20 GHz six-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6900). On maxed-out settings I was getting about 15-30 FPS depending on where I was–high population or huge vistas slowed it down. Moving down the graphics settings, I could run 30-60 FPS no problem.

One big thing to note here is that engine optimization is usually being done until the very last second before release (and continuing afterwards, of course) and that the game will actually run smoother at launch than it does in beta.

Gavin: I loved how Guild Wars managed to make a beautiful game with such low requirements. I’m not sure what the bottom end will be with Guild Wars 2, but the game’s visuals scaled well from lowest to highest settings. My home computer (5.9 Windows rating, 2.9 GHz dual-core, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570) ran the game smoothly around 30 fps on maxed-out settings. The only major issues I had with performance were directly related to the amount of players in WvW.

I’d expect this to be surprisingly easy on system requirements upon release, especially given how stunning the world is.

Deleted

The staff looks alot more fun than the hammer. Cool nonetheless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    The staff looks alot more fun than the hammer. Cool nonetheless.
    I actually hate the effects from the staff. Wave of Wrath lacks any impact and the sound effect is annoying. Not to mention it just feels weird to me being in heavy armor and toting around a stick. Hammer on the other hand...you can smack people like you are playing golf and knock them away from you. That alone is enough for me, but all the other abilities are quite useful. And it just LOOKS like it hits hard. Whether it does or not doesn't matter, it looks powerful.

Deleted
    New video from TB about : Character Creation Overview

15+ Year Old Account
    http://youtu.be/iVNTMd3jBpE
    Quote Originally Posted by Solcor View Post
    New video from TB about : Character Creation Overview
    That is the link you are missing.

Well the G4TV thing was the Borderlands 2 release date....I god damn stayed up in HOPES that their announcement coincided with the GW2 one....DAMMIT.

Deleted
    http://youtu.be/iVNTMd3jBpE

That is the link you are missing.
    Yeah thanks for that
    i could not post the link

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Well the G4TV thing was the Borderlands 2 release date....I god damn stayed up in HOPES that their announcement coincided with the GW2 one....DAMMIT.
    I don't see a confirmation anywhere, but I'm suspecting it is. No bad news though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    FOR PEOPLE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR RIGS HANDLING GW2

The guys from pcgamer were in beta shooting vids, and they listed their specs. So you might get an idea of how you'll manage the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guil...ions-answered/
    I don't like those quotes. Those computers have pretty good specs, but they still have performance issues. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't like those quotes. Those computers have pretty good specs, but they still have performance issues. >.<
    Yeah a 3.2ghz 6 core, although I'm pretty sure GW2 wont utilize all 6 cores. My old dual core 3.0ghz processor does really good on WoW, rift, Aion, and even in Tera Online beta the weekend before last... So i'm not too worried about it.

I'm kinda disappointed that regular mobs don't scale with party members :/
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    There is a few people who had worse computers that handled it better. And yes i agree if the game was optimized and that was a computer you needed they would loose a big portion of there fan base. No need to worry though it hasn't been optimized yet.
    Idunno, I'm still sad from TOR, I'm hoping GW2 won't be another fiasco.

My nerves on system requirements won't be settled 'till I get to try beta >.<