10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Being bored, I decided to start up a Guild Wars trial. Last time I did led to some very discouraging results (Chalking that up to inferior game knowledge and the idea Warrior/Monk was a good combo as my first character) Making a ranger this time, despite hell freezing over.

So I come to my question, what class really complements a ranger? I want to make sure I can use both classes efficiently, and not just "have" a second class I don't use.
    For pve, it doesn't really matter what secondary profession you take. Especially ranger is good on its on. I usually went r/rt just to have flesh of my flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think it depends on your play style, haven't played a ranger myself, but you can look it up here, see if theres anything that particularly sparks an interest. http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Seco...s_for_a_Ranger
    Thanks for the link, definitely will help me choose my secondary class. Hell, only after a few minutes of read through, I'm already down to Ranger/Elementalist or Ranger/Paragon

Thanks for the link, definitely will help me choose my secondary class. Hell, only after a few minutes of read through, I'm already down to Ranger/Elementalist or Ranger/Paragon
    No problem, I think secondary proff will pretty much always come down to preference, unless for pvp, truth be told I haven't yet dabbled in much GW pvp. :<

Deleted
    I've recently started leveling a Ranger, I picked up Ritualist for the secondary prof, the weapon enchants stack with the rangers and make for some nice damage. Spirits come in handy too.

Also those of you wanting to play on the same server, join the GW2 facebook page (If you have FB ofcourse), the people who are on there alot are planning to play on the same server, some have made a guild already etc. So more people are always welcome.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-19 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    ^ barrage + splinter weapon is a nifty combination

10+ Year Old Account
    R/E... Elemental Bow String + Conjure [Element] = MOAR DAMAGE PLEZ!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

So I come to my question, what class really complements a ranger? I want to make sure I can use both classes efficiently, and not just "have" a second class I don't use.
    Keep in mind, you can change your secondary later on, and at which point whenever you want in an outpost

Deleted
    Anyone else not really excited at all by Engineer?

I saw the reveal come up and was like yay reveal, watched the videos and stuff, and now I'm like *yawn* -__-

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really liked it, especially the male human engineer with the clockwork shield looked awesome (absorb video)
    there's always going to be classes you don't like. As for me, looks like I'll be male norn engineer , get the whole "outcast" thing going

Looks cool! I can see myself playing one.

My only gripe, really, is that the tech the Engineer uses seems to be desgined after Humans and Charr. While it looks great with them, it's hard for me to imagine an Asura using the that same tech. You'd think their technology would have a different vibe to it.

Mesmer is gonna be last. All proffessions confirmed. ( Or a lower variant of it - illusionist )

I think that this game is the only one that can stand up against WoW. At lest from the information we have gotten. Have played the first game (with all the expansions) and i must say that even with all the flaws it had back then it was awsome. Great game for the ones that don't want to pay a monthly fee!

Yo dawg! I heard you liked bases, so i put a base in your base, so i can base while you base

Deleted
    They kinda just went with what peopel have said on the forums for months about the gun weilding profession for abilities it seems. I was hoping for so much more from Anet really. I'm actually disappointed with the profession, so I'll be sticking to Theif/Ranger most likely, since it really doesn't tickle my fancy like I hoped it would.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 02:29 PM ----------

Anyone notice in the Rifle Turrent video that the human female has the star tattoo on her cheek, least we now know the character customizing will be good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    They kinda just went with what peopel have said on the forums for months about the gun weilding profession for abilities it seems. I was hoping for so much more from Anet really. I'm actually disappointed with the profession, so I'll be sticking to Theif/Ranger most likely, since it really doesn't tickle my fancy like I hoped it would.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 02:29 PM ----------

Anyone notice in the Rifle Turrent video that the human female has the star tattoo on her cheek, least we now know the character customizing will be good!
    isn't it a norn then? they seem to dig tattoos

anyway, I think it's the community guessing right, instead of them implementing what they guessed

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    anyway, I think it's the community guessing right, instead of them implementing what they guessed
    Agreed. I highly doubt Arenanet "just went along with what people have said on the forums". The profession has probably been in the oven for a lot longer than the speculation about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Agreed. I highly doubt Arenanet "just went along with what people have said on the forums". The profession has probably been in the oven for a lot longer than the speculation about it.
    well, that, and the community also said it would shout rainbows out of its ass
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2011-05-19 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    I'm worried they'll ruined the new Mesmer now.

It's a part of the character customization system. There's gonna be tons of sliders and yes, even tattoos.

(clicky for larger screenshot)
    Last edited by ZyngaFail; 2011-05-19 at 01:42 PM.