10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Face palm at some of the comments below that article, clearly some people cannot read. Otherwise nice read

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Just so people know, this is the audio podcast he put up yesterday playing over a Norn Necro doing mostly personal story.
    True, but i thought i didnt need to say that becouse it says so in the beginning of the video

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Sum it up:

Combat is amazing
    Questing is the best system he's ever seen
    World is "alive"
    Scaling problems with large numbers of people
    Too many particle effects
    And yes this sums up the video and i agree with all of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Speaking of that...I'm hoping GW2 actually raises the bar for not only MMOs and online games, but also single players games. The first half an hour or so of Kingdoms of Amalur I thought was awesome, but then I got to the first town and saw it had the traditional quest givers with a ! above their head spread around the town, and it just killed any motivation I had to play the game.

I haven't played WoW in about 10 months, I tried SWTOR for a couple months, and I haven't wanted to play through any single player games since Deus Ex was released last year. Every game is just too similar these days...
    Funny thing about Blizzard and WoW is, that often whats work in other games is implemented to WoW.

Some stuff announced about MoP look like it might be at last inspired by GW2.

About quest marks mechanics and talking to quest givers - I dont rly think that GW2 solution is best ever for every1. For sure its nice change from other MMO etc, but I you aremissing with it a bit story too, its more trade off imo - you get illusion of living world and changes around you at cost of soemthing else
    Sometimes like to spend time reading quest texts etc. Its a bit like movie vs book thing imo, both are great but they not replace each other (well at last not for all)

When I played Dragon Age: Origins I was reading all text in game for that feeling of reading book where I actualy controling main hero. I often like reading quests descriptions in WoW. So for each one their own.

Sum it up:

Combat is amazing
    Questing is the best system he's ever seen
    World is "alive"
    Scaling problems with large numbers of people
    Too many particle effects
    Yes, scaling is too weak with more people in an event, it just becomes trivial.

PCgamer interview with Mike O'Brien
    Mmmm I understand now why there was... oh wait I'm not suppose to talk about that oh well :x

Face palm at some of the comments below that article, clearly some people cannot read. Otherwise nice read
    Why do people always complain about GW2 selling gear, they are selling cosmetic gear.... get it straight people.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-28 at 11:25 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCPscAsR0Y

I'm not sure if this was common knowledge, but the Kodan are apparently in GW2.
    Thanks for the vid. The Kodan look smaller than I thought, they looked much larger in the concept arts; they're about the size of the Norn right now. Also love the ambient music in the background, it gives a slightly ominous feel to the race.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Thanks for the vid. The Kodan look smaller than I thought, they looked much larger in the concept arts; they're about the size of the Norn right now. Also love the ambient music in the background, it gives a slightly ominous feel to the race.
    The reason they dont look as big is because it is a norn standing next to one, Try a human or an asura or sylvari and ull see the size difference.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? The female Norn that appears in the video is only very slightly smaller than a Kodan, as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...scAsR0Y#t=166s
    I agree that they are a lot taller in some concept arts that I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    "One thing i want to mention: Our CE is very very limited, if you really want one, don't wait too long. You have been warned ^MK"
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Mif;16141296]
    Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    http://beefjack.com/features/guild-w...on-preview-pc/

some negative review...
    It sounds like he just doesn't like MMO's and had his mind made up before he even played GW2.

[/COLOR]

Personaly it sounded for me as opinion of some1 who not writing from fan pov but had some exceptations for game which wasnt met. He didnt clarify what exceptations he had, but its clear closing paragraf:

"It’s a shame that the initial story appeal that emphasises roleplaying soon falls by the wayside, the game reverting to the same formula, packaged differently and decorated with a few interesting twists, not differentiating itself enough in an increasingly crowded MMO market."

Obviously for me at last he was excepting something more gamebreaking/revolutionary, but experienced something which was evolution and was disapointed. Propably might happen to a lot ppl. Tbh his comments about world were a bit off, no idea what would be ok for him in fantasy world, which wasnt showed already in other games.

A lot ppl here seems react negative to review because it wasnt praise to GW2, maybe its based on quite popular TB videos who is rly enthusiastic about GW2. But if you saw his footage from WoW Cataclysm beta, he was enthusiastic there too and turned oposite after relase.

I would threat this review as spray of cold water showing that not all will fall in love with GW2, and they have right to their opinion without being bashed
    Last edited by mmoc3219a733ae; 2012-03-28 at 01:03 PM.

This video shows some cross prof combos, you can see above the thiefs head it says Combo when they successfully do a combo, and the animation is pretty obvious with some attacks.

This video shows some cross prof combos, you can see above the thiefs head it says Combo when they successfully do a combo, and the animation is pretty obvious with some attacks.
    Obvious until you factor in the other 900,000 particle effects attacking your screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Obvious until you factor in the other 900,000 particle effects attacking your screen!
    You are aware they're changing that are you? :>

QUICK! Before anyone else posts it!!11

Hi

Hello! and welcome!

rofl, "when did you get good at games?"
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-28 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You are aware they're changing that are you? :>
    Well I mean, if they nerf the other particle effects, they'll likely nerf those ones to. :P

But yes I am, I've said that they've confirmed they're working on it myself in a couple threads to people.
    They don't even bother me much (or at all, really), but I still have the itching urge to re-name my desktop icon (when i have one) to Particle Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Well I mean, if they nerf the other particle effects, they'll likely nerf those ones to. :P

But yes I am, I've said that they've confirmed they're working on it myself in a couple threads to people.
    They don't even bother me much (or at all, really), but I still have the itching urge to re-name my desktop icon (when i have one) to Particle Wars 2
    My PC will probably be able to handle them, but it's a lot better to be able to tone them down for others, less lag = fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    My PC will probably be able to handle them, but it's a lot better to be able to tone them down for others, less lag = fun.
    I think most of the people from the beta were complaining about them from a visual standpoint (flames being 3x the size of the pig you lit on fire)
    but from a performance standpoint I can understand the desire to turn them down.
    I mean, I understand wanting to turn them down for visual reasons to, but.. yeah. Just saying that I can see where people are coming from with wanting to turn them down regardless of reason, even though I personally could care less.

Don't most MMOs have ridiculous effects when a group of people hit a monster? Because I honestly can't tell what the hell I am attacking 90% of the time in other games either. It's all just flashing lights and missile trails.

10+ Year Old Account

Is it bad that I interpreted the opening part of that vid as "mmogenitalia"?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Is it bad that I interpreted the opening part of that vid as "mmogenitalia"?
    Well, now I can't unsee that. So.. thanks.
    Thank god I've never watched an mmorpgenitalia before now, and likely won't watch many in the future.