Anyone wanna speculate on which game is further along and will release first MoP or GW2? MoP beta is currently being tested every day but hundreds of thousands of people while, GW2 beta has only been tested a few weekends the past few months? Which beta will go faster MoP or GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Anyone wanna speculate on which game is further along and will release first MoP or GW2? MoP beta is currently being tested every day but hundreds of thousands of people while, GW2 beta has only been tested a few weekends the past few months? Which beta will go faster MoP or GW2?
    I'd say MoP is closer with full confidence. With all the news coming out it honestly looks like they are finishing up. GW2 is still in closed beta.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    So are we allowed to download the beta client? Cause I found a link and well, I couldn't resist. Not gonna say anymore though if it is considered NDA.

Other notes: I'm not in the beta so I can't log in, but it's fun to just stare at it.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-03-30 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    So are we allowed to download the beta client? Cause I found a link and well, I couldn't resist. Not gonna say anymore though if it is considered NDA.

Other notes: I'm not in the beta so I can't log in, but it's fun to just stare at it.
    Give me link D: PM me it if you have to!
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Especially considering there have been single days with more downtime than that in WoW.
    I do remember one day when they (ANet) rolled back their databases ~2 hours because of some major issue, but that was so long ago...
    They did it 2times actually, it had to do with vendor prices having been reset after a new build was available so some people bought thousands of ectos for 200g/ea

Is your personal story only in the home instance? If not can anyone explain how it works? Also do you think there will be a guild house/home instance in Lions Arch? I plan on spending most of my time there so that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Is your personal story only in the home instance? If not can anyone explain how it works? Also do you think there will be a guild house/home instance in Lions Arch? I plan on spending most of my time there so that would be awesome.
    Personal story affects your home instance but can take place both in your home instance and out in all the zones. Im sure your personal story will have you doing things in all the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post

im taking a chance on it.. since i know ill never be picked to get into the beta. im doing it to see how it looks and how much space it uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    im taking a chance on it.. since i know ill never be picked to get into the beta. im doing it to see how it looks and how much space it uses.
    The beta download was only a third of what arena net suggests players have. But given the content in the beta, and the fact that they have to flesh out the rest of the world, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 35gigs, though, guild wars with its size and scope compared to how little memory it took up, 25 gigs looks reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The beta download was only a third of what arena net suggests players have. But given the content in the beta, and the fact that they have to flesh out the rest of the world, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 35gigs, though, guild wars with its size and scope compared to how little memory it took up, 25 gigs looks reasonable.
    yeah.. its at 40% downloaded and not even 5 gigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Guys, this weekend is April Fool's.
    So? I got married on Friday the 13th. We even heard Hotel California on the radio, one of my favorites!

You're all gonna get blue balls for downloading it early. Worst. tease. ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    <snip> is the link...
    Probably shouldn't be posting that.

I dont really see why the link is bad... I wasnt even in the beta... just got the link from reddit. You cant play unless you have a beta account.. so I dont see the harm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really see why the link is bad... I wasnt even in the beta... just got the link from reddit. You cant play unless you have a beta account.. so I dont see the harm.
    Let the data mining begin?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Hmm, why not wait for the "real" beta download, it's only 10 days away really.

GW1 had downtime a couple months back for the first time in 8 months for about 30 min. The longest amount of downtime it had was a couple years ago when they had to shut the game down for 24 hours to physically move servers. But yeah, GW2 does use an identical launcher/patching/exe all rolled into one like GW1 did and this allows for them to roll out new builds and you just log off and grab it and the only downtime is how long it takes you to do so.

Deleted
    Its not about the link being bad, like it could harm anyone..its about that we aint allowed to post leaked things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    If I understand correctly, the personal story can take you to many places, but each time you arrive at the location, you are asked if you want to jump into an instanced version of that area for the story quest/mission to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    If I understand correctly, the personal story can take you to many places, but each time you arrive at the location, you are asked if you want to jump into an instanced version of that area for the story quest/mission to begin.
    Indeed, if you're outside the minimap will have red walls showing where your instanced 'area' ends, if you walk out of the red walls it sends you a little warning letting you know. Not sure what happens if you continue walking, you probably leave the quest and re-start back from right before you started the instanced part.

Also, in reply to the questions the guy you quoted asked,
    There will not be guild housing at launch, but they will be launched alongside Player housing at some point.
    Martin Kerstein (an Anet dev) said on GW2guru:
    "... that there will be no Guild Halls on release as we want to make Guild Halls a great experience and not just a “place”. We will introduce player housing at some point after launch, and at that time we will also implement guild halls."
    We don't have any information on if THOSE will be available in LA, but currently there is no way to make LA feel like 'home' as your home instance is in your racial main city.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-03-31 at 12:01 PM.