Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Post above me seems to be a troll, I'd go ahead and not reply to it.

The latest yogscast video had fire traps underwater, so I don't see why not. xD

I actually think another of there videos from that beta weekend had the said the flamethrower couldnt be used underwater but the elixir gun could (with slightly different animations) so they could still just be working out alternate spell names/ animations for the flamethrowers spells.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    Post above me seems to be a troll, I'd go ahead and not reply to it.

Nope, guess I'm just retarded then XD
    Just don't know how good the final graphics are going to be, and I have had trouble running other games on full and the spells everywhere seem pretty intense
    Last edited by mmocb423f40a80; 2012-04-05 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    Nope, guess I'm just retarded then XD
    Just don't know how good the final graphics are going to be, and I have had trouble running other games on full and the spells everywhere seem pretty intense
    There is no such card as the '50ti', 10GB is a VERY strange amount of ram to have and unless you know what you're doing (Even then, 4x2 and 1x2 is a very strange setup to have) will run terribly and you are better off with just 8gb, and you listed no CPU even though the CPU is extremely important for MMOs.
    Also, there is a thread on system requirements already.

So.. yeah, I assumed it was a troll. >.>

Deleted
    There is no such card as the '50ti', 10GB is a VERY strange amount of ram to have and unless you know what you're doing (Even then, 4x2 and 1x2 is a very strange setup to have) will run terribly and you are better off with just 8gb, and you listed no CPU even though the CPU is extremely important for MMOs.
    Also, there is a thread on system requirements already.

So.. yeah, I assumed it was a troll. >.>
    Oops sorry typo,

GTX550 Ti
    and yeh I have 10GB :s

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No matter really since AEs are supposedly cast-able on targets. I think the Wells will function like shouts or other boons- centered around you in underwater combat. :speculation:
    This is not the case in all the beta vids I've watched. Why are they all wasting time mousing over the desired AoE area instead of just casting the AoE at their target's feet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    This is not the case in all the beta vids I've watched. Why are they all wasting time mousing over the desired AoE area instead of just casting the AoE at their target's feet?
    It was a functionality added in the last beta build, it's disabled by default.

UI option for Fast-Cast Ground Targeting

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It was a functionality added in the last beta build, it's disabled by default.

UI option for Fast-Cast Ground Targeting
    Ohh that makes me giddy.
    Edit: not as great as I thought. It casts it where your cursor is rather than just at your target's feet. My aim sucks so this is not splendid news.
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-04-05 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh that makes me giddy.
    Don't fall over just yet , there is a bit on conflicting info on how it works.
    Some media have said it works by casting where your mouse pointer is, some people here who have played have said it casts at the feet of your target.

I'm till not sure which, or even if both, are right.

Some media have said it works by casting where your mouse pointer is, some people here who have played have said it casts at the feet of your target.

Maybe it casts at your targets feet if you have a target and where your mouse is otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Maybe it casts at your targets feet if you have a target and where your mouse is otherwise?
    I was thinking the same, but I'd still rather try to nail down some proof.

I was thinking the same, but I'd still rather try to nail down some proof.
    God I hope you can pick either-or.
    That really should be two separate options.
    If it's not, most people will unfortunately have it turned off, due to.. well, you don't usually WANT your AoE to be directly under a target's feet in PvP, or even PvE.
    In PvE, you may get more targets in the AoE if you position it differently. In PvP, if your target it moving you may want to target it in the direction he is moving to make sure he's in it the longest amount of time assuming he keeps moving in the same direction.
    Probably pretty bad examples, but you get the idea. I hope, if it's feet or cursor, that it's two different options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Keep only 8gigs in and see how your performance is.
    Assuming he has 4x2 and 2x1.
    If the place he got it pre-built (assuming) is silly enough to put 10GB in, it could very well end up being 8x1 and 2x1 or 1x2.. which.. ehh..

Deleted
    From guild wars insider : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zLMIauguB8k

Posting it mainly for the fight starting at around 1:30. It made me giggle like a little asura girl.

Crossing my fingers that it will cast at the target's feet. pleeeease.

Deleted
    Crossing my fingers that it will cast at the target's feet. pleeeease.
    It casts at your targets feet if you have a target, if not it's ontop on you.

If you turn it off in the options you choose where you want it to be as with any normal AoE spell in an MMO.

Choosing yourself is much better in my opinion since if your target dodges you just wasted that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

If you turn it off in the options you choose where you want it to be as with any normal AoE spell in an MMO.

Choosing yourself is much better in my opinion since if your target dodges you just wasted that spell.
    Don't think that's right. >.>

Oy, I've heard a million conflicting comments on the matter. I wanna hear solely from a certified beta tester....

Deleted

Well lets just say I know.

Casting at your feet may only be for traps though. I didn't use the option much since I found it to be god awful for both PvE and PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

I wouldn't describe it as better, just as a different option. It's like the difference between Frost Nova and the Water Elemental's Freeze.

Both are useful, in different ways.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

No, I think it is based on what I gleaned from beta players on forums and in vent. In fact my guild mate describes it almost exactly that way after playing an Ele in beta. He said it was like on-target as in Rift.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-04-05 at 07:31 PM.