Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Is there a place like Battle net where you can use your created account for Guild Wars yet, or is the log in still only there to track if you played Guild Wars and get rewards?
    That still must be worded wrong, because it makes no sense.
    Are you asking if you can PLAY gw2 yet? Because the answer to that would be a pretty obvious no.
    I don't understand what you mean by 'using' the account. What do you want to 'use' it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That still must be worded wrong, because it makes no sense.
    Are you asking if you can PLAY gw2 yet? Because the answer to that would be a pretty obvious no.
    I don't understand what you mean by 'using' the account. What do you want to 'use' it for.
    Didn't there exist a site like Battle Net for your Guild Wars 1 account?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the NCSoft master account to manage all the games you own/subscribe to from NCSoft?

You could answer the question I asked, so I know what you even want to know.
    What do you want to use the site for?
    Saying you want "Like battle net" isn't very descriptive.

You are talking bout NC Soft Master account on ncsoft site.
    GW2 will have its own similar to bnet (its work in progress) site, its running under account.guildwars2.com but theres like nothing to do in there yet. Work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Personally I hope they just ban those who did.
    Unlikely, it's not like it was a small number of people.

I don't see how that makes it unlikely, but whatever.
    It's already said and done.
    It's not like they can do any harm the stress test is already over.
    Banning 5,000 people (just a random number, completely inaccurate) before the game is even out would not send the most welcoming message.

Doesn't matter it isn't a p2p game, they should just go ahead and ban them.
    .. it does matter, though.
    "GW2 bans 5,000 players days after they paid full price for the game before the game was even released." will not look good on headlines,
    and this impression people have of "Well once someone buys the game anet doesn't care if they keep playing." that so many people seem to have is silly and should stop.
    If that was true, they'd release a trailer or two, no information about the game, and suddenly drop it one day when hype was high and would make a crap game that people bought then quit.

It was a stress test - it got more people in it than expected - so the server got stressed - mission accomplished!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

And off on ignore you go, I have no respect for cheaters and you are obviously a cheater.
    Oh, that's cute.
    Because I point out that it would be bad PR for Anet to ban a large portion of their playerbase even though it does not include me, I am suddenly a 'cheater'?
    I'm not defending them. What they did was wrong.
    Does that mean that Anet should already be banning people for (to be honest) their mistake?
    Anet made a mistake. They should not have taken advantage of it, but a permanent ban to everyone who did is pretty uncalled for, considering the game is not even out yet.

How dare I have an opinion that differs from yours on how Anet should handle a situation!

I feel like youre more jealous that some "extras" got in and you didnt tbh.
    All the "I hope they ban them!", dear God.
    Those people kinda helped Anet too... since they found a BUG in their data center handling accounts that doesnt properly flag accounts for events or w/e.
    They got in, made a bigger load on the server... I dont see any downsides to this.

edit: In general... quite immature behavior.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-04-14 at 12:19 PM.

Just for giggles..
    What's this, a skype conversation with my friend telling me I was able to log into GW2 and me rejecting it?
    Ye gods, that's unimaginable!

Jesus christ people are quick to assume.
    I have no plans of betraying Anet's trust, I'm just saying a large portion of people did.

WHAT! There's a BETA stress test and I WASN'T invited...

Oh yh, that's right. I don't care.

From what circles around on other sites alot of those who got in actually was invited to the stress test on their original account but got frustrated because of the "No Beta Event"-message and tried with another account (their own/wife/friend) that was pre-purchased and got in. I actually find it hard to say whether it's wrong or not since those people did get invited but on another account

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    WHAT! There's a BETA stress test and I WASN'T invited...

Oh yh, that's right. I don't care.
    I wasn't really interested either until a friend invited me over to come watch him :P And getting to play even for just a little while totally changed the way I see some of the classes so now I pretty much have to start all over again with thinking of what class/race combo Im going to choose for my main class.

On another note, I am going to play with friends so I do not wish to play the same class as them or atleast too many of them. So since atleast 2 of my friends are going to pick an elementalist I guess I just have to bite the bullet and go either engineer, necromancer or ranger(my oroginal 1st pick was ele)

PS: Compared to TOR the combat felt a little smoother, but maybe its just me, but it didnt feel AS smooth as WoW(or what I remember from playing it 2 years ago)

PPS: Im not sure if im breaking some forum rules by refering to my first hand experience of this awesome game, but Im definately not breaking any NDA rules since I havent signed anything. Does anyone know if pre-purchasing requires you to sign an NDA incase you wanna participate in the upcoming beta tests + the beta weekend events?

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Does anyone know if pre-purchasing requires you to sign an NDA incase you wanna participate in the upcoming beta tests + the beta weekend events?
    They have written on twitter that the upcoming betas wont have any NDA You're not required to sign one when you pre-purchase the game.
    Stumpe - The cutest plushie ever made. Greatest hobby ever!

The stress test is under NDA. The future BWes aren't.
    From the sounds of it I thought the stress test wouldn't involve much actual game play...so yh, that's the source of my I don't rly care post.
    Just many have seemed to have gotten carried away with this "beta".

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    PPS: Im not sure if im breaking some forum rules by refering to my first hand experience of this awesome game, but Im definately not breaking any NDA rules since I havent signed anything. Does anyone know if pre-purchasing requires you to sign an NDA incase you wanna participate in the upcoming beta tests + the beta weekend events?
    You didnt sign the NDA so you are not really under it... but its nice to remain unofficially under it anyway and not talk bout it (too much at least).
    Your screen wasnt watermarked allover the place... people who were under NDA had theirs watermarked.
    But a gentleman rule would be to not talk bout it in public.
    Just to make it clear: I was not invited to stress test myself.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-04-14 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The stress test is under NDA. The future BWes aren't.
    From the sounds of it I thought the stress test wouldn't involve much actual game play...so yh, that's the source of my I don't rly care post.
    Just many have seemed to have gotten carried away with this "beta".
    It wasnt all that great. It was supposed to start 21pm CEST and last til 03am CEST. But if any of you followed twitter you would have seen that many ppl didnt get in before much later. I think my friend got in at around 0.30am CEST and then we got to play until 1.30 before servers went down. We only got in again at around 2.30am CEST and the kept servers up til about 4.05am. So we got about 2,5 hours of playtime to try stuff out.

I think the stress test did convince me to pre-purchase so that I can decide on what class I am going to play

To the person above telling me not to talk too much about beta, I absolutely agree, but thing is I didnt get to experience much that couldnt be seen on video. I just dabbled around with 4 different classes in the starter area and did a couple of dynamic events and some hearth quests and that was it.
    If you wanna see that then just go to youtube :P

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    You didnt sign the NDA so you are not really under it... but its nice to remain unofficially under it anyway and not talk bout it (too much at least).
    Your screen wasnt watermarked allover the place... people who were under NDA had theirs watermarked.
    But a gentleman rule would be to not talk bout it in public.
    Just to make it clear: I was not invited to stress test myself.

Well my friend did sign an NDA so the screen I was watching was definately watermarked. He just sort of let me play it for a while since he had alreaddy got to play the game during the last beta weekend where a friend of his got in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    .. it does matter, though.
    "GW2 bans 5,000 players days after they paid full price for the game before the game was even released." will not look good on headlines,
    and this impression people have of "Well once someone buys the game anet doesn't care if they keep playing." that so many people seem to have is silly and should stop.
    If that was true, they'd release a trailer or two, no information about the game, and suddenly drop it one day when hype was high and would make a crap game that people bought then quit.
    Icwhatudidthere! *cough* SW:tor *cough*

Damn, getting closer every day till GW2 comes, I can almost see the end of the tunnel!