10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i think it bugs when you try to select a trait but there isnt any. Just select another one that exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really do hope they allow dueling in GW2, it just seems like a simple feature that should be in every MMO and if people dont like it... well they can cowboy up ignore said person and continue on there way
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    i really do hope they allow dueling in GW2, it just seems like a simple feature that should be in every MMO and if people dont like it... well they can cowboy up ignore said person and continue on there way
    You shouldn't have to put someone on your ignore list because you don't want to run around the world been spammed by Person 1 wants to duel you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well im not sure about the usual duel system but there should be at least some sort of city arenas as someone mentioned before.

What im worried about is this WvWvW PvP, it looks cool and all but i will need something like Battlegrounds, something that i can queue when i want and start at the beginning of the fight with the same amount of players on each side, and a battle that wont last more than 25 minutes.

Deleted
    WvWvW is a 1 week+ campain. So we don't know what it involves besides 4 "maps" together which are different terrain etc, and have differenet objectives of kinds scattered around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You shouldn't have to put someone on your ignore list because you don't want to run around the world been spammed by Person 1 wants to duel you.
    your being unrealistic something like that would never happen, and if anything like it did then it would be apparent that the person stalking u would most likely follow and spam u regardless if he/she could duel u or not
    The Force shall free me.

I think some kind of Arena for both 1 on 1 or team dueling would be a nice addition. People who love to duel will have a convenient place to do it, and people who hate it can easily avoid it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I think some kind of Arena for both 1 on 1 or team dueling would be a nice addition. People who love to duel will have a convenient place to do it, and people who hate it can easily avoid it!
    i think thats a great idea
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami-San View Post
    So guys..just thought i would bring this up..it's a bit early, but i wanna throw it out there..

Who's up for creating an MMO-Champion guild when GW2 comes out?
    A guild in GW2 made up of former WoW players?

Oh hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post

Oh hell no.
    But don't most former WoW players interested in Guild Wars 2 be of the more intelligent kind, just by being unable to understand how the game works, how it is different from WoW and how in all likely if things keep looking so good the game will be better than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian wulf View Post
    Taken from the guild wars 2 Q&A on their site
    Don't fall into the same trap that ANet did in that response. Just because there's a good reason for something to be there doesn't mean it doesn't feel out of place.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh hell no.
    With that mentality you are one of them. Supposing "them" is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    With that mentality you are one of them. Supposing "them" is bad.
    My "mentality" comes from sitting in trade watching "ANAL ANAL ANAL CHUCK NORRIS ANAL OBAMA IS KENYAN ANAL THUNDERFURY THUNDERFURY ANAL [FOR THE CHILDREN] ANAL!1!!!1!one!1!" etc. I'm done with that, had enough for a lifetime. Those kind of people can stay the fuck away.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 05:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    But don't most former WoW players interested in Guild Wars 2 be of the more intelligent kind, just by being unable to understand how the game works, how it is different from WoW and how in all likely if things keep looking so good the game will be better than WoW.
    I'd rather play it safe and just avoid as many former WoW players as possible.

You can always ignore the idiot players. The more people playing the better in my opinion.

My "mentality" comes from sitting in trade watching "ANAL ANAL ANAL CHUCK NORRIS ANAL OBAMA IS KENYAN ANAL THUNDERFURY THUNDERFURY ANAL [FOR THE CHILDREN] ANAL!1!!!1!one!1!" etc. I'm done with that, had enough for a lifetime. Those kind of people can stay the fuck away.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 05:44 AM ----------

I'd rather play it safe and just avoid as many former WoW players as possible.
    Going by that logic you'd want to be in a guild that actively excludes former WoW players, which would also exclude yourself. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You can always ignore the idiot players. The more people playing the better in my opinion.
    I tried that in WoW. My ignore list filled up and I still didn't get them all. Hopefully GW2 has a much larger ignore list, or they just don't put up with that kind of behavior in GW2 like they do in WoW.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Going by that logic you'd want to be in a guild that actively excludes former WoW players, which would also exclude yourself. Good luck with that.
    I said nothing about guilds. I mean the game in general. I would hope that former WoW players wouldn't make it a point to go "OH HAI IM FRUM WOW LULZ11111!!!!!1" I won't be advertising that I played WoW, this won't be the name I use in the game.
    Last edited by DavidGX; 2011-05-30 at 06:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will tell everyone i came from wow to show my jumping skills

Srlsly

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I will tell everyone i came from wow to show my jumping skills

Srlsly
    Just jump around the main city for a few hours straight, that should be enough of a sign o_O

I wouldn't mind a guild, hell even server, made up of previous WoW players. You have to understand, the people spamming "ANALANALANAL LOLOLOL" Will most likely take a ban-hammer to the groin very, VERY quickly. This is to be a new game coming out, Anet would definitely not slack on removing players like that to keep the game enjoyable.

I have met WoW players that are genuinely amazing people, I can only assume Anet will work to keep those players entertained, and keep the trolls out.

I wonder, if people are going up and down with some vague announcement of Battle.net extra services, why they don't react when the developer, answering the question whether cash shop items will actually affect gameplay, doesn't answers 'No, they never will', but instead 'We've not yet decided which items will be available etc.'?

Your opinion?