So my necro's minions will actually attack stuff now, rather than watching me get eaten?

I swear, the bird from my runes is smarter...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I agree with the poster above as long as my minions don't sit back to eat popcorn while i'm being raped I'll be a happy necro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

ArenaNet Invites Players for a ‘First Look’ at Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

tentonhammer

Livestream tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    ArenaNet Invites Players for a ‘First Look’ at Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

tentonhammer

Livestream tomorrow
    Nice!

They're really hyping things up, I'm super excited for the Horizontal Progression aka Masteries, and I'll hope gliding mechanics will feel 'right'. Could be flying mounts done right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking foward to hearing more, though i'd be lying if i didn't say i would be more interested in the Revenant and the other profession specializations.

So decided to play my necro and make a chillmancer in PvP. 1vs1 wise it sucks, it doesn't put out enough damage. However in a group fight it is so clutch. 100% freeze up time just fucks everyone up while your team mates pick them off.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

so I didn't see this before but the wiki updated with some weapons

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revenant

1h sword, staff, off hand dagger and shield so far.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Interesting bit about their gameplay:
    Mechanically, channeling changes the last 5 skills on the skill bar (Healing, Utility and Elite skills) depending on which Legend you are currently channeling. Furthermore, there are traits that "play off" and "combo strongly" with these abilities.
    Reading the summary of the recent POI I'm not sure how I feel about 'adventures'. On the one hand, they sound exactly like Wildstar challenges which I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE. As ridiculous as that looks, I can't emphasize enough how much I hate them. On the other hand, this is ANet and GW2 not Carbine...their gameplay is more consistent and less tediously annoying (to me). I also think they have much better movement mechanics that lend themselves to jumping puzzles and such. So I'm also looking forward to what they can do with such a system.

Not to mention they don't have some drunken mid life crisis dbag shouting at you in the audio everytime you start an Adventure I'm guessing, so there is that.
    BAD WOLF

well ANet and Carbine have worked together in the past (as in a conversational sense) so it wouldn't be surprising if adventures were inspired by challenges

but GW1 had missions that had leaderboards and such so they may be thinking more along those lines

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well ANet and Carbine have worked together in the past (as in a conversational sense) so it wouldn't be surprising if adventures were inspired by challenges
    Fortunately reading the description of challenges only triggers those bad memories. From a design standpoint GW2's gameplay is much more in depth and generally better. I don't think their goal will be to create constantly occurring, tediously annoying tasks for you to complete. It seems like they want to integrate the availability of hearts to the gameplay of jumping puzzles and racing. This is much more in line with their design and not like challenges so I think we'll be ok.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    so I didn't see this before but the wiki updated with some weapons

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revenant

Definately will play Revenant once it releases. Ritualist was one of my favorite professions in GW1 and if i can be a Melee "Ritualist" in GW2 that would be excellent. I really don't think i can stomach playing GW2 with my Thief for much longer.

Ritualists was my favorite, mesmer 2nd favorite but I am disliking GW2 mesmer more and more. I just don't play him anymore. I'm just dicking around on my necro and theif atm farming tomes of knowledge so I can instant 80 my revenant.

I hope they get spirits, I can see ritualists being a specialization but if not I don't mind. I am excited for staff though. Glad to know I can just give him my bifrost.

Reading the summary of the recent POI I'm not sure how I feel about 'adventures'. On the one hand, they sound exactly like Wildstar challenges which I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE. As ridiculous as that looks, I can't emphasize enough how much I hate them. On the other hand, this is ANet and GW2 not Carbine...their gameplay is more consistent and less tediously annoying (to me). I also think they have much better movement mechanics that lend themselves to jumping puzzles and such. So I'm also looking forward to what they can do with such a system.
    The problem with W* challenges is that they are exact copy paste quests you already did, but with a time limit. Anet says that the "twist" portion will be more varied.

Interesting bit about their gameplay:
    It's going to get complicated. I imagine it'll be a reserve ele sort of thing, instead of your 1-5 changing it's going to be your utilities which is 1000% more complicated imo.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-02-09 at 11:28 PM.

It's going to get complicated. I imagine it'll be a reserve ele sort of thing, instead of your 1-5 changing it's going to be your utilities which is 1000% more complicated imo.
    That leads to 2 (likely) possibilities: either each Legend has specific h/u/e skills, or each h/u/e skill will have variants for each Legend. I'm expecting the former, in the vein of the GW1 dervish - what you slot only matters when you're not channeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Just 10 more tomes of knowledge and I can instant 80 revenant

Lol, I'd send you some of mine if I could
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Lol, I'd send you some of mine if I could
    It's not like they are hard to obtain. I've just been SPvP for glorious pieces. I'll have 6pc glorious for my revanent too.

Meh, I can't use them on anything so I'd gladly give'm away if I could
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Im closing in on 200 tomes, ill be keyfarming for a while...

10+ Year Old Account
    How easy is it to get the tracks for PvP done? I suck at pvp but i'd gladly do it if they were fast enough to farm to insta 80 my Revenant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of mine come from dailies in a privately owned arena with guildies, I get a guaranteed 1 tome per day by only doing the dailies with some days giving me 2 or 3 if I rank up too, but I bet you could get more tomes quicker if you played until you reached the daily unranked reward cap. Could take even less time but feel more grindy if we didn't duel and mess around in the middle of a fixed match.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2015-02-10 at 08:55 PM.