I did. They were hella worth it.

Yeah, I used them too. Loved those weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you spec into them so that they had more charges? If so did they last long enough for the cds to refresh? And can you summon one weapon after another? I believe you get 25 charges when you spec into it right?

I didn't level that high and never did any pvp so I couldn't say. I'm not sure what the cooldown is on them but you do summon two weapons, one for yourself and one on the ground.

Did you spec into them so that they had more charges? If so did they last long enough for the cds to refresh? And can you summon one weapon after another? I believe you get 25 charges when you spec into it right?
    Did not spec into them in PVE play. Only tried trait'd conjures out in the testing area. Rather hard to judge in that circumstance.

While leveling a Elementalist, yea conjures were useful/good power relative to level weapons. My bro-in-law made great use of Lava Axe and Frost Bow during group play. We made it to the level 25 areas as a group of 3; Elementalist [sis + me], Thief [sis' husband], Warrior [me]. Very useful to have those weapons- Frost bowing tons of mobs, AE kiting the frost giants up those slopes and in that wurm cave, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Did not spec into them in PVE play. Only tried trait'd conjures out in the testing area. Rather hard to judge in that circumstance.

While leveling a Elementalist, yea conjures were useful/good power relative to level weapons. My bro-in-law made great use of Lava Axe and Frost Bow during group play. We made it to the level 25 areas as a group of 3; Elementalist [sis + me], Thief [sis' husband], Warrior [me]. Very useful to have those weapons- Frost bowing tons of mobs, AE kiting the frost giants up those slopes and in that wurm cave, etc.
    Does the cooldown on the conjure skills start as soon as you summon them or does the cooldown start after the charges are gone?

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 05:02 AM ----------

Ok so I tested it in wow by popping a 60 second cd then going through 25 global cooldowns on the target dummy. By the time I did 25 gcd the cd onnly had 10 seconds left, which is awesome.

I don't remember actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I just watched the dailyrushdk vid and apparently they do, but thats an old beta and it may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    New art:
    /snip
    I want to fight whatever that is right meow.

Get it, meow? Because I'm playing a Charr?

I'll show myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Well I just watched the dailyrushdk vid and apparently they do, but thats an old beta and it may have changed.
    Well, Ele was my sister's character mostly. I just got to mess around on it a fair bit. This BWE I was mostly Warrior/Engineer. Some light Guardian playtime too.

New art:
    Props to the guy nonchalantly shooting a laser at that behemoth. He is either insane or has MASSIVE cojones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Props to the guy nonchalantly shooting a laser at that behemoth. He is either insane or has MASSIVE cojones.
    I'm gonna vote on both, since he's clearly a Mesmer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Still seems like a pain in the ass when you'd much rather just play the beta.
    I'd screenshot as I go and type it up later.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 10:39 AM ----------

New art:
    Lordy!

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Did anyone mess around with elemental conjure weapon as an elementalist? Were they worth using?
    Very worth it. Emphasis: they do not lock you out of utilities.

Lightning Hammer was especially satisfying, but I couldn't help but notice that the Lava Axe has much flashier graphics, and was ultimately MORE satisfying... not to mention more mobile.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm gonna vote on both, since he's clearly a Mesmer.
    Which means that's not even him...*he* is sitting in the coffeeshop across the street.

So, out of sheer boredom I coughed up $15 for a months play in WoW. I'm really sorry I did that. I couldn't even last 30 minutes. Sometimes you think about stuff and they sound so much better in your head then they do in reality. Oh well, lesson learned there I guess. At least it's only 15 bucks and not a whole games price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So, out of sheer boredom I coughed up $15 for a months play in WoW. I'm really sorry I did that. I couldn't even last 30 minutes. Sometimes you think about stuff and they sound so much better in your head then they do in reality. Oh well, lesson learned there I guess. At least it's only 15 bucks and not a whole games price.
    I still haven't decided if I want to pay for the last 6 months of Annual Pass or not (actually, it's probably less than that). I haven't played WoW in months, but I still find myself thinking I'll go back at some point.

Not to mention, I'd then have to directly buy D3 separately. That isn't the ONLY reason, but it's a contributing factor. Two games for the price of one is very attractive, so long as I play both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's pretty old. XD

I have a WOW sub yet even though I greatly enjoy that style of gameplay, WOW specifically is just really old feeling. Wish Blizzard would just update the engine and rework all the ugly legacy stuff. There is a good chance, almost 100% actually, that if WOW looked like Tera [fidelity], played like Rift [class system/functions] and had the presentation of TOR [questing/VO] I would drop my subs to all 3 of those.

Desperately, I want World of Warcraft 2.

Heh, yeah it does feel pretty old. What happened was that I was just browsing through some video game music and listened to some WoW music. Whatever must said about the game I think the music is really well done. Anyway, gave me a nostalgic feeling and that led me to try the game again.

I suppose the next stop on my older games tour will be AoC. At least I know I love the melee combat in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Desperately, I want World of Warcraft 2.
    I think a lot of people feel the same way.