Everytime this comes on I feel all happy on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking? No your GW1 characters won't be in GW2...?
    Sorry, what I meant was, there won't be a shelf/display or something with all my GW1 characters there for others to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post

~Video~
    Highfive!

Yeah, I get lost listening to that, almost instantly, every single time.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ksn View Post
    Sorry, what I meant was, there won't be a shelf/display or something with all my GW1 characters there for others to see?
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post

Ooh just reminded me about my GW2 CD collection... I wonder how long until that arrives.

I don't think so.
    Thanks, just one last question. Is there a deadline on linking both my GW1 and GW2 accounts? And is there a deadline on updating my GW1 account before linking for more points?

Has anyone been having issues with screenshots?
    In the first two BWE's, I switched my screenshot command to the HD setting. Now, in BWE3, they redid the keybind menu and the HD setting isn't there. There was, however, a "stereoscopic" option, which I bound my screenshot key to instead, not entirely sure if it was somehow synonymous with HD or not. But now all of my screenshots from this BWE are saved as .jps files rather than .jpg's and they're not as easily opened or shared as my others.
    Can anyone give me a bit of insight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, just one last question. Is there a deadline on linking both my GW1 and GW2 accounts? And is there a deadline on updating my GW1 account before linking for more points?
    Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?

A: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    In the first two BWE's, I switched my screenshot command to the HD setting. Now, in BWE3, they redid the keybind menu and the HD setting isn't there. There was, however, a "stereoscopic" option, which I bound my screenshot key to instead, not entirely sure if it was somehow synonymous with HD or not. But now all of my screenshots from this BWE are saved as .jps files rather than .jpg's and they're not as easily opened or shared as my others.
    I did notice that.. I can't provide insight on that though :\

There is no deadline for either. The connection is no different from two different game titles being bound to one main account. You just get vanity benefits in one for having achieved certain things in the other. And filling your HoM further after the launch of GW2 will still reward the benefits.

Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?

A: Yes.

I do believe, however, that Arenanet stated somewhere that they might consider the option of turning off the ability to continue gaining points towards HoM at some undisclosed time frame in the future, to try and keep the "prestige factor" for those who earned their points in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    I do believe, however, that Arenanet stated somewhere that they might consider the option of turning off the ability to continue gaining points towards HoM at some undisclosed time frame in the future, to try and keep the "prestige factor" for those who earned their points in the past.
    While I'm positive some people will complain, that seems pretty fair to me.

Is the questing basically the same till you max out? I have some reservations about the game form that angle. It's a great game form what I played otherwise.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Is the questing basically the same till you max out? I have some reservations about the game form that angle. It's a great game form what I played otherwise.
    It gets significantly more difficult (you won't be 1shotting mobs while questing from 1-max level like in most MMOs) but the basic design is the same. The main exception is Orr, which is a level 70+ zone and has no hearts and more DEs.

Deleted
    No, it's not. Never bind a key to a function and proceed with using it unless you're at least mostly sure of what it does. :P

Stereoscopy is the art of making two-dimensional images appear as if they were three-dimensional, mostly through the use of specific overlaps of renderings as well as particular color setups.

JPS is "JPEG Stereoscopic", and can be opened like any JPG file (you may need to set a file association for it though).

Edit: I'm unsure whether you'll be able to view your JPS files normally or if they'll be mostly a jumble of colors and shapes. It might be up to the viewing software, or it might not be.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-07-23 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically Sterescopic is 3D so unless you have a 3D capable graphics card, i'm not sure you would be able to view them..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Basically Sterescopic is 3D so unless you have a 3D capable graphics card, i'm not sure you would be able to view them..
    That's what I said...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it was the 25th of august.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    What edition of Guild Wars 2 should I get?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiclichbane View Post
    What edition of Guild Wars 2 should I get?
    You'll be hard pressed to find the Collector's Edition anywhere this late, methinks, so compare what you get from the standard and deluxe editions and decide whether you think it's worth it.

Also of note is that you can upgrade your account from standard to deluxe at some point down the line, so if you hesitate, go with standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find the Collector's Edition anywhere this late, methinks, so compare what you get from the standard and deluxe editions and decide whether you think it's worth it.

Also of note is that you can upgrade your account from standard to deluxe at some point down the line, so if you hesitate, go with standard.
    I kinda hope the CE is hard to find by now yes.
    You might also want to get the Standard and use the extra money on gems if there's something in the shop that takes your fancy.

Deleted
    I shall get the standard and get the upgrade later then, thanks for the info.