Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Meanwhile InfiniteRetro's bashing thread based on the image has survived 24 hours and 20 pages in the wrong section on the official Wow forums. It's even made it to the 5th most popular thread. Funny how their mods have missed it....
    Yea clearly they dont mind a little GW2 bashing from him. Hes got a ton of threads going in the gaming forums and i saw that one yesterday on the WoW gen forums and knew it was in the wrong spot since it had little to do with WoW. Ashamed the mods didnt move it.

Snipped the displayed image a little bit (can still click for fullsize). Don't hate me too much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Not interested in a game that sells gear for real money, thanks.

ooooooh mahgawwwddd

so much stoopid

10+ Year Old Account
    It's times like this that I very much wish I could post on the official WoW forums without having an active WoW account.

After all, I can post on the Starcraft or Diablo forums with a WoW account (My D3 account isn't active now - they took a few weeks/months to find out that I broke my side of the annual pass). And I can post on the Diablo forums with my Starcraft account. Or I could post on the Starcraft forums with a Diablo account.

But I can't post on the WoW forums because I'm not subscribed to WoW.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:10 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I swear... that thread just gave me a aneurism; so much stupid in there, but what else would you expect from one opened by the king of negative zealotry.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-16 at 08:10 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Anyone that is as Excited about this as me?

So you're admitting to stirring crap, just like the media does. I never accused you of liking ANet or GW2, I accused you of posting a troll thread, which before now, I thought you did. Now I realize that you're just not intelligent enough to troll, and that's saying a lot.
    Best response ever.

Meanwhile InfiniteRetro's bashing thread based on the image has survived 24 hours and 20 pages in the wrong section on the official Wow forums. It's even made it to the 5th most popular thread. Funny how their mods have missed it....
    Oh look, even MVPs join in...but it's all good on wow forums as long as you don't attack wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I can't read those threads without getting slightly annoyed. People saying the betas were terrible, I'ts like they've played a totally different game? Fuckin' hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's as I've said before, and not to bash on the game... but at this point, WoW is basically a cult. No matter whether or not another game comes out that's actually good, no matter how bad WoW content actually is, the cult of WoW will continue to sustain the game for several more years, based entirely on the mindset that WoW is the best, period, and that it will supposedly never die.

WoW is good, depending on your tastes, but the community of the WoW playerbase has taken on a lot of cult-like qualities.

For proof of this, just see what happened at last Blizzcon, with Alliance players getting literally attacked by Horde players.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:24 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny when you search for "GW2" on that forum...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't help that the "leaders" of the community (i.e. people employed by Blizzard) are working so hard to support that cult mindset.

Deleted

Ehhh what do you expect really. WoW is glorious and all that. Can't say anything nasty about precious WoW. >_> To be honest, it'll be interesting to see how Anet handles it on their own forums on the release.
    Last edited by mmocbd067ab907; 2012-08-16 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    People just can't take a joke anymore. It's sad.

You know it doesn't change anything. If they want to spend their forum lives complaining about a game that they will never play, then more power to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    To be honest, it'll be interesting to see how Anet handles it on their own forums on the release.
    That certainly will be fairly interesting. So long as I can tell, what they care about is people playing nice, and topics staying where they belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That certainly will be fairly interesting. So long as I can tell, what they care about is people playing nice, and topics staying where they belong.
    Which hopefully they can carry out a few months after release.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Just went through a couple of pages...

Lets just say that i've met more..intelligent people then that. I THOUGHT that WoW playerbase consisted of adults and matures, not "ermagherd wow killz gw2 bcuz gw2 suckz."

You clearly thought wrong. Of course, it's only the "GW2 fanbois" "Rift fanbois" 'lolfuckignaion" that're bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I THOUGHT that WoW playerbase consisted of adults and matures
    Yeah... not that I'm bashing on an entire community, because there are plenty of exceptions to the rule, and gamers in general tend to be fairly immature, but...

That was your first mistake. ^_^