10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So, after getting bored with my Thief at 57 I decided to twink.

And oddly enough, I now have no problems with levels. Maybe it's a human only thing (going Queensdale -> Kessex Hills -> Gendarran Fields), but as an Asura, I never had to visit another area while doing the same thing I did with my Thief. I'm now level 31 and it went fluently. Might be because they throw in Brisban Wildlands after Metrica Province before sending you to Kessex Hills, giving you an Xp advantage..
    I never have a problem with level on ANY of the races. I tend to explore a lot, and I end up repeating events a bunch too.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    So after not knowing what I want to do in terms of ''end game'' I decided to farm for the warrior karma set (42k a piece) it looks awesome and will give me something to aim for, the only thing is the stats on the set, they seem really poor. There's way to much healing and toughness on the set, I suppose it's OK if you plan on using a shield but for a great sword user it's quite odd. Im going to farm it anyway but I wish there was an option to change the stats.
    Transmutation stones say hi.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    found a secret message in lornas pass, there are other items like that too. Anyone an idea what this is all about?

http://www.gw2db.com/items/60372-ord...cret-message-4
    They are just accessories I think. I joined the Order of Whispers and there wasn't really anything to them that I could figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They are just accessories I think. I joined the Order of Whispers and there wasn't really anything to them that I could figure out.
    Maybe, maybe not. I've also found trees that also have special numbers etched on them that I haven't yet found any use for. Personally I think there's got to be something to it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I've also found trees that also have special numbers etched on them that I haven't yet found any use for. Personally I think there's got to be something to it =)
    interesting can you tell me the waypoint near those? I also found an event (near the norn-vendor who sells the secret message after an other event) where you have to kill a Jotun-Boss, after that the Norn-hunter digs up a chest. I can't interact with it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Trees in Plains of Ashford? That has to do with Charr personal story.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Transmutation stones say hi.
    That is an option but it's quite a grind for the set isn't it, seems pointless getting the set just for the cosmetics then having to farm again for another set with desirable stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems pointless getting the set just for the cosmetics
    Pointless to you maybe. Some people like to look awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    They've started posting update notes (in addition to the vague game updates on the wiki): https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ember-9th-2012
    Oh, that's nice. Bookmarking that section.

Also actually ties in with what we were just discussing:

Crafting
    · Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank. Note: Discovery still requires use of the bank. This is something we would like to change but decided that getting part of the way there was better than making players wait for the entire fix.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ember-8th-2012

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pointless to you maybe. Some people like to look awesome!
    True that

Im getting the set anyway it's something to work towards and it's decent for using a shield at least (plenty of toughness and healing) and who knows by the time iv get the set I might have saved up a few golds I can always start getting other pieces crafted. I just wish there was 2-3 options of the same set with different stats that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, a Toughness and Healing set can be useful to just about any weapon. :P
    It would be beneficial to any build that's designed for staying alive and supporting the team.

Now if only they hadn't nerfed the Compassion scaling of the 6-slot skills. :<

That is an option but it's quite a grind for the set isn't it, seems pointless getting the set just for the cosmetics then having to farm again for another set with desirable stats.
    Lots of people do this already in other games; Secret World, Tera, Rift, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Aion, Raiderz, Guild Wars 1, Runes of Magic, etc.

Seems standard nowadays.

Someone should make a "Crafting Materials Farm Spots" thread. Finding Tier 6 stuff and ectos is getting on my nerves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Someone should make a "Crafting Materials Farm Spots" thread. Finding Tier 6 stuff and ectos is getting on my nerves.
    I would like this as well, can never remember which zones go with which lower level items, and I need a ton of those.

I kinda go with this one, every "tier" of crafting = 10lvls I'm not sure about the crafting tiers so I guessed
    0-25 10
    25-75 20
    75-125 30
    125-150 40
    150-225 50
    225-300 60
    300-320 70
    320-400 80

Thing is, Tier 6 stuff is so rare to find on even level 80 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Thing is, Tier 6 stuff is so rare to find on even level 80 mobs.
    The key is building up immense amounts of the T5 stuff while you're hunting for T6 stuff, and then mystic forging your T5 stuff into shinier T6 stuff. Don't just buy loads of T5 stuff off the TP and do that, though. You'd lose money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Lots of people do this already in other games; Secret World, Tera, Rift, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Aion, Raiderz, Guild Wars 1, Runes of Magic, etc.

Seems standard nowadays.
    It's not really the same though the karma set is exotic quality you'd expect it to have some of the best stats available at the moment and the warrior version really doesn't. It's not like it's some old or low level set that's just their to be transmoged into your latest tier gear.

It's not really the same though the karma set is exotic quality you'd expect it to have some of the best stats available at the moment and the warrior version really doesn't. It's not like it's some old or low level set that's just their to be transmoged into your latest tier gear.
    Exotic gear does have the best stats. One chooses the set that matches either their build or desired look. The aesthetics of which are transferable.

It's exactly the same aside from the bummer that GW2 uses a destructive reskin system.

Deleted
    So I just finished AC with three Guardians and I stand with my point.

They are too strong. :/

(Guardians, not the instance)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, I'm kinda surprised that Might isn't a percent damage increase, instead of a flat increase to Power and Malice. O_o

Considering they made a similar change for Vulnerability, anyways.