Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Can you change elite specs?
    Yes you can change your spec/build at any time while out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes you can change your spec/build at any time while out of combat.
    Almost level 20, I bought the expansion but I haven't gotten my raptor yet, I read there is a bug that only awards the raptor at 10 level intervals.

I wish wow would implement waypoints like guildwars 2, just double click, pay a few coins and boom, you are there and ready to have fun.

So do I just run around helping people with the little heart symbol on the map to level?

There doesn't seem to be wow style quest hubs which is fine, just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do I just run around helping people with the little heart symbol on the map to level?

Pretty much everything you do gives you XP. The hearts are guides, you its easy to just follow them but events actually give you the most XP. If theres any yellow mobs on your way to an area, those tend to net a decent amount of XP too (the longer a mob lives the more xp they give and people normally ignore passive mobs). Hearts are easy to follow and consistent. Dungeons are worth about 1.5 levels your first run through on a character. Map completion is decent, but can end up feeling like a chore depending on what you like. Crafting can net you about 10 levels.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You mainly level up by doing events. The hearts were added during beta to guide players to where events might take place. You can also level up by doing PvP, which gives you tomes of experience which you can use to level up. All other sources of exp are negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You mainly level up by doing events. The hearts were added during beta to guide players to where events might take place. You can also level up by doing PvP, which gives you tomes of experience which you can use to level up. All other sources of exp are negligible.
    How do I find events?

How do I find events?
    Just search for orange stuff on your map.

Think of it like a mini-quest-hub, but without actual quests. Just do the things to progress it and you'll fill the heart to get some XP, karma, map completion progress (completing a map gives you some goodies), and unlock access to that heart vendor. Usually won't have much you need, but some have recipes or may have collection items that will unlock down the road. And maybe a piece of gear if you're desperate.

How do I find events?
    Val has the right of it. Sometimes folks will call out events in map chat with a link to the closes PoI/waypoint to help out (especially if that zone is the "complete 4 dynamic events" daily mission). But honestly, if you're just exploring maps and completing some hearts you should come across a fair number of them. I'm a big proponent of exploring maps, there are lots of neat little areas you can find and a lot of them have their own jumping puzzles. They vary in difficulty and you may need guides for some (unless there's a mesmer offering free teleports to the end, heh), but they can be good fun and do offer some minor rewards.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...21204036562944

shared inventory space sale! And bank/inventory tabs and crafting licenses. 20% off, though there might be a better sale on them later this month for the 10th anniversary. I'm tempted to nab a few more shared slots, but think I'll gamble on an equal/better sale during the anniversary.

I just can't play like I used to, so at this point I'm only at level 28, things are pretty fun though. Once I turned 20 I got the raptor which makes travel way less painful.

I just can't play like I used to, so at this point I'm only at level 28, things are pretty fun though. Once I turned 20 I got the raptor which makes travel way less painful.
    Nice! GW2 is a game that can eat up a lot of time, but a nice thing is you can make progress even in short bursts of play. Do damage on the story, work on map completion, do some dynamic events or a few world bosses, whatever. No rush to max level, it just opens more "things to do" and that content will still be there, and you should be getting the Living World S1 content for free right now for whenever you hit level 80.

Raptor will help a lot in terms of getting around, and let you run by a lot of mobs you may otherwise have no interest in fighting.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topi...pdate-preview/

Preview notes for the next balance patch. Looks like they're working on buffing a lot of "meh" specs, improving some support variety, and toning down mechanist/FB support. Again, I only know a bit about guardians and nothing about anyone else so keeping initial thoughts there outside of "this is a good direction for the patch if the execute on their intentions" -

GS improvements are nice, and those are some excellent buffs for core, DH, and Willbender as well.

Hammer improvements for more damage on the CC oriented weapon. Might have to see how it plays with power builds, I do like hammers/maces in concept and some of the execution, they just usually have felt lackluster outside of something like mace with a support build.

Surprisingly, staff buffs! Mostly, a bit less might from the big heal, but some more damage overall which should make hitting things with it while playing support a bit more fun.

FB Mantra of Liberation nerf hurts a lot, but honestly I get it. That skill is SUPER strong and can basically easily cancel out boss CC on a fairly short cooldown regardless of your state. Limited range, but still super strong.

DH longbow buffs don't seem super exciting, but being able to move while using True Shot is nice (even at a movement penalty). Not sure the minor damage multiplier for puncture is gonna make longbow attractive, but maybe it'll at least be more "viable" as a weapon. Been ages since I played DH and I'll wait to see what the reaction is, but I won't be sad if I have to maybe buy another build/gear storage slot so I have both WB and DH power builds to play around with. DH theming is still really weird for me for guardian, but holy crap when you combo the traps and the GS #2 spinny skill shit just melts.

I see the Unplayed still hasn't been fixed yet. Half a year after launch.

If no one has mentioned it yet, look for people with an Apple icon on their heads. That is a mentor tag and it’s players usually doesn’t to help new people with issues.

The other thing is you can find just about everything in the gw2 wiki which can be accessed in game by typing /wiki then your query. Like /wiki et will bring up the event timer for everything in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see the Steam release on the horizon with the new upcoming balance pass.

Do most engineers use pistols or the rifle?

Rifle recently got a buff. Pistol is more of a condi build but has decent utility when used with a shield.

Rifle is kinda jacked with the new AA. Pistol kinda sucks imo.
    Honestly I wish Engineer would get a core power offhand so that Offhand Pistol isn't trying to be a hybrid. Offhand mace or dagger would work just fine imo.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Even with the double XP buff, grinding the Gift of Battle still takes ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the restructuring didn't solve anything. Guilds figured out how to game the system so you're still going to have uncoordinated solo players being trounced by people in Discord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow news day. GW2 launches on Steam on the 23rd.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...am-launch-on-a

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Slow news day. GW2 launches on Steam on the 23rd.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...am-launch-on-a
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...-on-august-23/

Link got cut off so fixed link.

Lame you can't connect accounts, but I can live with that. I'm just glad they've been hearing the feedback on LS episodes and are having both an "all-in-one" purchase with expansions + LS and selling LSS2-IBS as a single bundle that'll eventually be brought to the gem store.

New permanent achievement for an armor set is super nice! And freebie mount skin during the anniversary sale, yay. And a free BL key in the store today, to boot.

I'm glad to see Anet continuing to do well after a very rough few years. Colin and Grouch coming back really seems to have gotten a lot of things back on track overall.