Quote Originally Posted by Goronpower View Post
    I honestly cannot decide between necro or engineer , they both are such awesome professions ._. .
    I'm in a similar situation, keep changing my mind daily between all of the classes haha.

I'm hoping that the mesmer is so awesome that it will make me want to pick that instead though.

It's a returning class, but what if it's a returning mixture. Also, we know that ArenaNet will change anything that they feel is less than perfect, so nothing is set in stone until it is released. There's a good chance it's Mesmer, but for all we know it's a Monk that isn't all about healing, or a combo of them both. Just keep your mind open to the possibilities, ArenaNet is all about innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Goronpower View Post
    I honestly cannot decide between necro or engineer , they both are such awesome professions ._. .
    I've never doubted that my main will be necro, but I'll definitely have engineer and thief alts

Speaking of alts, how will you guys level your inevitable alts? I'm thinking I'll level each of my characters a different way. I'll definitely go with the dynamic events the first time through, then maybe switch between WvWvW and organized PvP. I'll make sure to fit my personal story into each one, and roll a different race each time. I want to see each race's personal story by the end of my GW2 career.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamheart View Post
    It's a returning class, but what if it's a returning mixture. Also, we know that ArenaNet will change anything that they feel is less than perfect, so nothing is set in stone until it is released. There's a good chance it's Mesmer, but for all we know it's a Monk that isn't all about healing, or a combo of them both. Just keep your mind open to the possibilities, ArenaNet is all about innovation.
    The new Guardian is, essentially, the old Monk with elements of both the old Warrior and Paragon mixed in, making it a strong support class with excellent options for both healing and damage-dealing. I sincerely doubt that the last class would incorporate much (if anything) from the Monk since that class is already supported in the new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I've never doubted that my main will be necro, but I'll definitely have engineer and thief alts

Speaking of alts, how will you guys level your inevitable alts? I'm thinking I'll level each of my characters a different way. I'll definitely go with the dynamic events the first time through, then maybe switch between WvWvW and organized PvP. I'll make sure to fit my personal story into each one, and roll a different race each time. I want to see each race's personal story by the end of my GW2 career.
    I still have to pick and alt. Technically I've decided to main a Guardian, but I'm still iffy; been a Warrior main since I started GW, and was naturally intending to carry that over into GW2, especially after seeing axe moves like Eviscerate...But Guardian feels like it would fit my personal playstyle better, being capable of doing a myriad of things at once to benefit a group of players while, at the same time, being quite strong on a solo basis.
    Last edited by Grognard; 2011-09-05 at 06:34 PM.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Looking forward to it :3

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day

Guardian for definite for main, gonna have a charr thief or norn warrior as first alt

Charr Warrior as my main, going to level him mainly through dynamic events, with the occasional PvP when I get tired of PvE. Probably a Human Thief/Engineer as my first alt, followed by a Sylvari Ranger or an Asura Elementalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still choosing... narrowed it down to norn necromancer or sylvari engineer... for now

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubted of Guild Wars strenght for a long time, and I was tempted to test the 1st one this week. If the little guys at NCSoft do the things right, I think we hold the next pearl mmo-wise of the net.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I doubted of Guild Wars strenght for a long time, and I was tempted to test the 1st one this week. If the little guys at NCSoft do the things right, I think we hold the next pearl mmo-wise of the net.
    NCSoft isn't making GW2 and neither did it make GW1.

Quote Originally Posted by athrl View Post
    NCSoft isn't making GW2 and neither did it make GW1.
    This, people don't seem to realize the difference between NCsoft as a developer (Aion, Lineage 1/2) and publisher (GW1/2, CoH, Wildstar).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    Btw, you are now manually breathing
    God damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This, people don't seem to realize the difference between NCsoft as a developer (Aion, Lineage 1/2) and publisher (GW1/2, CoH, Wildstar).
    It's not that I didn't realize, it's because I didn't know. Still, the game have a NCSoft touch =) In both case, I hope GW 2 will be as good as the net say.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Guys, are there any information at all about the racials? Cuz I have no clue...

I know that human warriors seem to be able to summon 2 helldogs or something, not sure if thats related to the bio choices or to the race/class combination... any info on this racials?
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xourico View Post
    Guys, are there any information at all about the racials? Cuz I have no clue...

I know that human warriors seem to be able to summon 2 helldogs or something, not sure if thats related to the bio choices or to the race/class combination... any info on this racials?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Racial_skill there ya go

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    Pfft racials, the rest are nothing but crap compared to the Golem Battlesuit

Last edited by Mif; 2011-09-05 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pfft racials, the rest are nothing but crap compared to the Golem Battlesuit
    I saw that in the cinematic but had no idea it was an actual ability. I would probably use that in PvP for the sheer lol factor. The Human "elite" racial ability seems kinda meh to me, and I would take Lich Form over it any day.

As far as elite skills go, I think my favorite is the Engineer one, Elixir X. Also the name reminds me of Chemical X from the Powerpuff Girls

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably use that in PvP
    They have mentioned they may disable racial abilities in PVP so people don't feel compelled to place a certain race for an advantage (ie old will of the forsaken, everyman for himself).

They have mentioned they may disable racial abilities in PVP so people don't feel compelled to place a certain race for an advantage (ie old will of the forsaken, everyman for himself).
    Oh, wasn't aware of that either, that's fantastic for balance imo, I just hope they don't end up disabling other skills because of that philosophy. Altering non-racial skills instead to have different effects between PvE and PvP is fine by me.
    Last edited by Barrowmore; 2011-09-05 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is news to me. So no bear forming on my norn in pvp?? awwwww