I never understand the fascination with multi-monitor setups. Why buy 3 small monitors, when I could just buy a 10 foot projector?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Get more screens imo

Haha, oh wow. Dual-monitor setups are always really cool and I had been thinking about going for one when I get a new computer...but three is just crazy.

Crazy amazing! *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I never understand the fascination with multi-monitor setups. Why buy 3 small monitors, when I could just buy a 10 foot projector?
    You can sit closer to the monitors and don't need to put up dark curtains over your window to play during the daytime.

Also, height is an issue. While it's not a big deal to look to either side while playing a computer game, looking up can (potentially) be a pain in the ass. Edit: Also also, what georgevonfranken said below me.

All that said, I'd LOVE to see f I could get things set up on my projector, the games aesthetics would certainly make it worth it...
    Last edited by Milanor; 2011-09-23 at 04:00 PM.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

If its done right resolution would be higher which means more pixels making it look better and have more space

10+ Year Old Account
    I think charatcter slots should be around 3€. It's a reasonable price, and the money would FLOW in anyway.
    No need for a single slot to cost 10€ thats ridiculously expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    oh your shiting me true multi monitor support? I'v been wanting to do that for years with wow. I think the only games I've seen that play nice with multipule monitors are a few RTS games.
    It supports 3D as well

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I think charatcter slots should be around 3€. It's a reasonable price, and the money would FLOW in anyway.
    3 is too cheap, if its going to be lower then 10 it should be 6 or 7. But 10 is a very reasonable price

With SWtOR delayed until March 2012 I'm not gonna have an MMO to play until GW2 comes out. Most productive period of my life?

Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    With SWtOR delayed until March 2012 I'm not gonna have an MMO to play until GW2 comes out. Most productive period of my life?
    Doing something productive? Ha! Ya right just spend money on garbage you dont need!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I play on a 32 inch tv

Where does this info come from? I don't see a post in the Dev tracker, although I am just skimming through.
    Last edited by Nitsuj; 2011-09-23 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TOR is not delayed to 3/2012. That's just a silly rumor.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    look at it this way do you honestly see yourself needing 3 new character slots every 2 months? perhapse in the first month or two as your geting one of every prof but after that? would you even play them? If you cant see yourself needing more slots that often your still well ahead of playing a game like wow.

As to wanting multipul monitor setups part of it is situational awareness. To expand your FOV on a single monitor you basicly have the choice between zooming way out so your character and all the action is small or creating a fish eye effect to expand the viewing angle and many folks find this later option rather disorienting to look at long term. with 2 or more you can set up views that let you glance left or right, or even backwards if you choose without turning your character. it returns your peripheral vision to something more resembling normal. cup your hands on either side of your eyes so you can only see whats directly in front of you and try to look around and observe your suroundings, then do the same without the hands, which is easier to tell whats going on around you?

edit: hey when did trolls become a moderator? There goes the neighborhood gratz man.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh. sorry guys i need a hand again. i am stuck on Imperial Sanctum and i do not have the skills nor the Hero setup to be successful so i need some help. according to the guide it should not take more than 5 mins so if anyone has the time to log on and help a brotha out i would appreciate it. IGN is in my sig.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    TOR is not delayed to 3/2012. That's just a silly rumor.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1195988p1.html

Doesn't sound so silly to me if the CFO is calling it.

Basically game is on track unless shit hits the fan how is this surprising to anyone?

But this is the GW2 thread not the SWTOR thread, we talk about dragons and undead boats here!

They're still aiming, and on track for, a 2011 holiday release though. 2012 is just a worse case scenario. Anyway, as GVF said, this discussion does not belong here.

As for Dragons and Undead boats, I saw both absolutely owning everything in sight at the expo yesterday. If not enough people are actively taking part in it, or doing something wrong, it gets pretty hairy in those areas, with undead minions everywhere and Tequatl had about 270 degree protection from his bone sheilds. I'm thinking these events weren't toned down at all in the demo this time. Either that, or everyone else that was playing sucked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did that Asura Guardian video come out yet?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Did that Asura Guardian video come out yet?
    Turns out it got deleted for lack of Bookah!

And did you get some firsthand experience Mothhive?

Hoping for some real thief/ranger footage from the current demo crop. Also some real info on what they're doing with pets, they hinted at it at Gamescom and Pax, wonder if they've refined it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    And did you get some firsthand experience Mothhive?
    Yup, had 2 hours playtime in total. Played a low level human elementalist through a ton of the personal story in my first 40 minute session, played a high level Sylvari thief in Sparkfly Fen for the next, and messed around with a low level Norn Warrior in the last one. Had a load of fun with all of it!

Don't have any videos of any of it unfortunately, unless someone sneakily filmed me while I was playing like they did with my friend!

Hoping for some real thief/ranger footage from the current demo crop. Also some real info on what they're doing with pets, they hinted at it at Gamescom and Pax, wonder if they've refined it at all.

There's some good thief gameplay. Shows off pretty much all of the skills. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Yup, had 2 hours playtime in total. Played a low level human elementalist through a ton of the personal story in my first 40 minute session, played a high level Sylvari thief in Sparkfly Fen for the next, and messed around with a low level Norn Warrior in the last one. Had a load of fun with all of it!
    How'd the controls feel? I ask this like... every time somebody posts saying that they played the demo, but the more opinions I get the higher my hopes get. =)