Requimortem, a few of us still play it, some more than others. For me its mostly those odd hours when I'm not busy working or raiding in wow. kinda sad those are so similar these days... Anyway I've run accross the names of maybe a dozen folks from this thread, you can find em if you read back through the pages. odeezee seems to be the one on the playing binge atm, plowed through prophesies and factions over the last week or so according to his posts. I mostly play on my assasin these days, Meren Hotani, when I get around to playing at all.

Who is John Galt?

Does anyone know how weapon swapping actually works in combat? Can you just switch to whatever weapons are in your bags or do you have slots to put them in and do you have a limit to how many you can switch through?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Does anyone know how weapon swapping actually works in combat? Can you just switch to whatever weapons are in your bags or do you have slots to put them in and do you have a limit to how many you can switch through?
    Top left of the hero panel, where the swirly looking arrows are.
    This guardian has a main hander and an off hander in one set, and a two hander in the other.
    The lower blue colored slots are for your underwater weapons

Last edited by Mif; 2011-09-24 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    You cannot physically change your weapons (drag an item from your inventory and equip it) while in combat. You can, however, swap between your two currently set weapon sets while in combat.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The lower blue colored slots are for your underwater weapons (I assmue)
    You are correct. The weapons in the blue colored slots can only be used when under water.
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-09-24 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    You are correct. The weapons in the blue colored slots can only be used when under water.
    Yeah I edited in the "assume" while I went to double check with google. Didn't want to give wrong info

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    How many of you still play the original Guild Wars? If I get it, I'd like to see some people from here on there so I can ease myself into the game. Don't get me wrong, I get by just fine without knowing anyone but just for once, I would like to have some folks to hang out with while I get the basics down (again).
    There's a few people in this thread still playing, though the only people I can think of off the top of my head are Odeezee, Grognar, and Merendel. I started playing a few weeks ago myself on my Dervish. My IGN is Elium Donnovich.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2011-09-24 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    How many of you still play the original Guild Wars? If I get it, I'd like to see some people from here on there so I can ease myself into the game. Don't get me wrong, I get by just fine without knowing anyone but just for once, I would like to have some folks to hang out with while I get the basics down (again).
    I'll be playing it a lot more when I get a new computer next month (my current laptop's video card crashes about an hour into playing it right now, it's a tad beat up) but my IGN is Blazing Samurai
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I wonder if you can change your set during the battlegrounds. Say as a warrior you normally go 2h sword/swordnboard but then you see there's a ton of ranged-oriented classes, so is it possible to swap out the sword n' board for a rifle(out of combat ofc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Again unless you've completed Nightfall you can't get three mesmers without buying mercenaries.

To clarify you can get Gwen pretty easy in EoTN, you need to unlock the other two mesmers (one of which you need to prof-change) you can only do that by completing Nightfall since you can't access the area where Razzah (sp) is until you finish NF.
    Razah is a Ritualist. Norgu is the mesmer. Norgu and Gwen are the only Mesmer heroes that I can recall (unless you buy a merc of course).

A SoS ritualist is always great to have in your party as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Razah is a Ritualist. Norgu is the mesmer. Norgu and Gwen are the only Mesmer heroes that I can recall (unless you buy a merc of course).

A SoS ritualist is always great to have in your party as well.
    They were referring to having Razah spec as a mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They were referring to having Razah spec as a mesmer.
    Ah I see.

I like Mesmers but I'd never have more than two in my party.

15+ Year Old Account
    Play the game first and you will get those skills, then start "farming" afterwards.

OR buy one or more of the skill unlock packs.
    The problem is that I AM trying to play the game first. Trying to finish up Nightfall with my dervish. Currently I am stuck at the Gate of Pain mission. I though I had decent builds, but once we get like three of the spiders, two of the regulars and one of the "Elite" spiders, they go down like wet noodles.

I actually have bought two of the skill packs, core and factions. Unfortunately, I can't buy the other two. A bit tight on money right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I wonder if you can change your set during the battlegrounds. Say as a warrior you normally go 2h sword/swordnboard but then you see there's a ton of ranged-oriented classes, so is it possible to swap out the sword n' board for a rifle(out of combat ofc)?
    Yes i'm like 99% sure you can..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Ah I see.

I like Mesmers but I'd never have more than two in my party.
    If it works it works but I usually keep some semblance of profession balance in my parties as well.

Has anyone actually played the game with a latency of around 400 or higher? I'd like to know how this game would handle for people in distant lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The problem is that I AM trying to play the game first. Trying to finish up Nightfall with my dervish. Currently I am stuck at the Gate of Pain mission. I though I had decent builds, but once we get like three of the spiders, two of the regulars and one of the "Elite" spiders, they go down like wet noodles.

I actually have bought two of the skill packs, core and factions. Unfortunately, I can't buy the other two. A bit tight on money right now.
    Gate of Madness is the worst of the missions in nightfall.

For the spiders, make sure you have interrupts. They have a couple of long casting spells such as Meteor Shower that you need to interrupt.

Not 400 ms but latency is highly erratic for me I get between 50 and 300, changes ALL the time, it's certainly something I hope they will do better with GW2.

You need to interrupt them or something, but if you are online now I could run you if you want - just post your ign.
    Funnily enough, I had a very similar experience with the original title. Latencies ranged from the 300ms region, all the way up to 700ms.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed it so that you can change him to any profession.
    Holy shit that's new. Can you do it indefinitely or is it a one time deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can change it as you often as you like but profession specific inscriptions are lost if you don't remove them first.

You just go to the place you rescued him from originally and he'll be right inside letting you change - I think they changed it at the start of this year.
    I only played all the way through NF once and that was like two years ago so it's been a while. Alright cool, looks like I'll be spending a lot of time playing GW1 next month...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not get a merc. My mesmer aint level 20 yet, also I have to play through on my main again cause I was hacked a few months back and had to remake him.