10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    They exist! They are just revamped xD Again
    Quite true. What I should of said that the info is out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Rofl, so I was looking at random Ranger pictures, looking for a pet I might keep my eye on, when I came across this picture-

Does Guild Wars 2 come with transparent floating boobies in the background now? :P
    personally i wouldn't mind

though that could distract me from doing what i would be supposed to do at times i guess ^^

We like our players so much, we gave everyone a pair of floating boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    though that could distract me from doing what i would be supposed to do at times i guess ^^
    So THAT is how they redesigned the Mesmer class! No hexes, just ethereal boobs!
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Can someone motivate me to finish collecting all my elite skills and to level my presear character? Pretty please. I'm stuck at 48 for my HoM and I can't seem to do any further without getting distracted by my other mistresses like BF3 and Skyrim..

Quote Originally Posted by aej View Post
    Can someone motivate me to finish collecting all my elite skills and to level my presear character? Pretty please. I'm stuck at 48 for my HoM and I can't seem to do any further without getting distracted by my other mistresses like BF3 and Skyrim..
    Well, this weekend is double XP rewarded for skill capping - easy way to Survivor, if you don't already have it?
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2 is already my best friend.

Chuck Jackman on Updated Cinematic Conversations

http://www.arena.net/blog/chuck-jack...-conversations
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    QUESTION for all of you who have probably seen way more GW2 info than me. We've seen a few fights with enormous bosses (Shatterer, Tquatl (sp) etc), and while those look very epic, one thing bothers me about them. The people hitting the boss with melee attacks are all whacking away at the bosses' ankles! Do we know of any fights where this is not the case, i.e. where you actually climb around on the boss bonking it on the head and stuff? They certainly seem to be large enough for it.

Thoughts?
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    Do we know of any fights where this is not the case, i.e. where you actually climb around on the boss bonking it on the head and stuff? They certainly seem to be large enough for it.
    Not that they've publicly released.

Thing is though, all classes that can melee are designed to be equally effective at ranged combat, so I don't see why people bother ankle stabbing .

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    The people hitting the boss with melee attacks are all whacking away at the bosses' ankles! Do we know of any fights where this is not the case, i.e. where you actually climb around on the boss bonking it on the head and stuff? They certainly seem to be large enough for it.

Thoughts?

You see those green and red targets? You can hit boss mobs in any of those areas. If you want to attack from a range it looks like the head would be optimal anyway, as it would likely be closer to you than his feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Thing is though, all classes that can melee are designed to be equally effective at ranged combat, so I don't see why people bother ankle stabbing .
    That ankle was just ASKING to be stabbed. I was asking for it! Kinda like all those WoW bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Chuck Jackman on Updated Cinematic Conversations

http://www.arena.net/blog/chuck-jack...-conversations
    I wonder how well that design will work with less human faces like the Asura and Charr. It's great work, it looks much better than I thought it would. An immeasurable amount better than the old conversations.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 02:39 AM ----------

Some people just like melee weapons, can't blame them for wanting to stab giant bosses in the legs, I'm one of them lol.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I read through 545 pages and skimmed through some of the trolling and flame wars. A friend told me about this game earlier this year and I shrugged it off and as I read more into I realized this is the perfect game for me. Although there are 2 things that I don't like is that there won't be dueling at release and there is no word on whether or not random arenas will come back, but these are not close to deal breakers. All in all I'm pretty excited and can't wait for the release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Tkz View Post
    ... there won't be dueling at release...
    Got any source for this? Will sadden my if there aren't dueling at release..

10+ Year Old Account
    I read through 545 pages and skimmed through some of the trolling and flame wars. A friend told me about this game earlier this year and I shrugged it off and as I read more into I realized this is the perfect game for me. Although there are 2 things that I don't like is that there won't be dueling at release and there is no word on whether or not random arenas will come back, but these are not close to deal breakers. All in all I'm pretty excited and can't wait for the release.
    Welcome

Deleted
    They've said duelling will be added later if it's what the community want. For random arenas your closest thing will be the hot join-able unranked PvP.

Welcome
    Thanks. Us asura got to stick togather.

Pyre. Yup I know

roflatorlunde. I can't find the video atm, but here is what was said:

MyGw2: We will be able to fight in duels?
    Eric: Dueling is not a core system for us, given that we balance all of our PvP combat around groups of players fighting and not one-on-one engagements. Because of this, dueling is on our wish list of things to add, but is unlikely to make it into the game on release.
    Last edited by Chaos Tkz; 2011-11-12 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    To bad... Would've really liked dueling, it's so much fun. Especially when World PvP doesn't exist (outside WvWvW then). Would've really enjoyed to duel some friends here and there over Tyria!

10+ Year Old Account

some people prefer melee, i think ANet should think a little more out the box with fights so that melee and ranged are both equally viable that way melee doesn't appear to be a pseudo option to ranged in most fights.

Although there are 2 things that I don't like is that there won't be dueling at release and there is no word on whether or not random arenas will come back...
    first, you can duel - it's just more cumbersome to do so. you can make an arena for 1v1 and duel your friend there, it takes more work yes but it is still possible at launch. second, the hot-joinable arenas are basically RA but better in that you don't have to worry about going up against a group with a healer when your group does not have one and if someone leaves you they will be replaced during the match even so that's another plus.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist