Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It looks like you'll be able to download the client from account.guildwars2.com once the link is available. You can go there right now and see where it's going to be, but there's no link for the download yet.
    Yeah but thats exactly one of the problems: I can`t login in on the account side. That is why I tried to recover the password. Afterwards I think that I should have tried to login using the old GW1 mail adress, seeing that the recovery e-mail was also sent to this adress (whats pretty strange tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by Need Name View Post
    Yeah but thats exactly one of the problems: I can`t login in on the account side. That is why I tried to recover the password. Afterwards I think that I should have tried to login using the old GW1 mail adress, seeing that the recovery e-mail was also sent to this adress (whats pretty strange tbh).
    The majority of people who linked their GW1 account to their GW2 account have to use their GW1 account name to log in. You'll also use it as your username to log in to the beta client.

or are you saying you can't even log in with your GW1 account name?
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-24 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    The majority of people who linked their GW1 account to their GW2 account have to use their GW1 account name to log in. You'll also use it as your username to log in to the beta client.
    That explains A LOT. Thank you very much. Well hopefully you have to confirme the mail to change your password, since I remember my GW1 username/password.

Quote Originally Posted by Need Name View Post
    That explains A LOT. Thank you very much. Well hopefully you have to confirme the mail to change your password, since I remember my GW1 username/password.
    It'll use the password that you assigned to your GW2 account, not what you used with your GW1 account, unless it's the same. You just have to use your GW1 account name.

Deleted
    It'll use the password that you assigned to your GW2 account, not what you used with your GW1 account, unless it's the same. You just have to use your GW1 account name.
    Weird system. Have they explained why they make it so confusing. Would be much more convenient (imo) to use the new account with the new password, but meh. SInce I know the new pass and the old acc it shouldn`t be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the part of the forum where i cry because im not dowloading the game?
    I dont need revenge, I need redemption

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I'm stubbornly attached to my login name.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts Van View Post
    Is this the part of the forum where i cry because im not dowloading the game?
    Shouldn't be too hard to find

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Good thing I'm stubbornly attached to my login name.
    I kinda like having @ncsoft, it makes me feel special.

I thought it was like this for anyone who had a @ncsoft or @plaync GW1 account, but my friend claims he linked his accounts and he has to use his gmail account name to log in.

Deleted
    Got to admit, they have pretty good AP, downloading at roughly 1,5MB/s here.

1 file remaining and the download speed is doing nothing but dropping, nooo!! 2kbs and dropping lol

.03 kbs and still dropping

0.00 kbs now, 1 file remaining, what do i do?! lol

restarting the launcher worked
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-24 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard to find

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/
    thanks for that! dling now =D

800-1,000kbs

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a security tab at the account management page, it logs IP logins.

They have a new error message when you try to sign in now too.

Your account is all prepared, but there is no Beta event running right now. Please come back and join as at the start of the next Beta event. For more information visit the Guild Wars 2 website.
    Also, the size of the file when you're done is 13.3gb

As much as I want the client, I'm waiting until it's official as I'd rather not have to deal with the possibility of corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    As much as I want the client, I'm waiting until it's official as I'd rather not have to deal with the possibility of corruption.
    Same, I always have bad luck, so tomorrow when they announce the download, my internet will cut out until 1 minute before the beta goes live.

All I can say is.... SOON!

Deleted
    Trademark?

10+ Year Old Account
    ~ 3 days 11 hours.

i thought you said it was 18gigs on the last page granpab, or were you talking about something else? Just trying to calculate how long it'll take me to DL.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.