10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    So you agree with me? School doesn't teach it per se, there's an equally good chance it's from other social activities...
    I never said that school teaches it, but school forces children into a public environment where they have to interact with other children, especially on group projects (or even just students collaborating on their assignments, which honestly needs to happen more often and be encouraged instead of discouraged), the result being that they learn valuable social skills as a consequence of the environment. It's kind of a side-effect.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I never said that school teaches it, but school forces children into a public environment where they have to interact with other children, especially on group projects (or even just students collaborating on their assignments, which honestly needs to happen more often and be encouraged instead of discouraged), the result being that they learn valuable social skills as a consequence of the environment. It's kind of a side-effect.
    I'm sorry but I seriously fail to see the point of your first reply.
    The "doubt it all you want" line is used to imply that I'm wrong, yet you make statements which say the same thing as I'm saying.
    I'm either misunderstanding you or not bringing my point across so I'll do it in one line.

The fact that most kids go to school and are social doesn't mean that the source of them being social is school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but I seriously fail to see the point of your first reply.
    The "doubt it all you want" line is used to imply that I'm wrong, yet you make statements which say the same thing as I'm saying.
    I'm either misunderstanding you or not bringing my point across so I'll do it in one line.

The fact that most kids go to school and are social doesn't mean that the source of them being social is school.
    Your statement suggested that the school environment does NOT develop social skills, which is just inaccurate. That's why I replied the way I did. =\

I never said that school is the source of social skills, I just said that the school environment helps develop social skills, by forcing children to interact both with other children and adults who aren't their parents. Doubting that is ignorance.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Your statement suggested that the school environment does NOT develop social skills, which is just inaccurate. That's why I replied the way I did. =\

I never said that school is the source of social skills, I just said that the school environment helps develop social skills, by forcing children to interact both with other children and adults who aren't their parents. Doubting that is ignorance.
    Oh I agree I just ment that it isn't the source problem solved
    I take learning something as being introduced to something for the first time. (learning english vs studying english) I infered learning from "to teach" whilst it could've been studying aswell

Anyways back to gw2, I'm hoping they toyed with pets a bit since most players were ignoring them previously.

Why are you even arguing about school systems? Also, never argue with Drake, he could be 100% wrong but will still press his point till you give up or it ends in name calling.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

What are you even talking about. Just trolling or?

Please don't call others trolls, that's considered trolling and is infractable. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-14 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Also, never argue with Drake, he could be 100% wrong but will still press his point till you give up or it ends in name calling.
    =\ Why you so mean

=\ Why you so mean
    It's true Drake. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I take learning something as being introduced to something for the first time. (learning english vs studying english) I infered learning from "to teach" whilst it could've been studying aswell
    Interesting definition. The only distinction I personally make between learning and studying is that learning is something that happens to you, while studying is something you do in order to learn, usually through more intensive focus than normal.

But yes, that's all off-topic...

Anyways back to gw2, I'm hoping they toyed with pets a bit since most players were ignoring them previously.
    You mean ranger pets? I'm desperately hoping I have to rez less ranger pets. I don't think I noticed non-combat pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's true Drake. <3
    I don't want to take over the world with you anymore.

I would like to try Ranger but the pet and the need to play with a pet is a deal breaker. Their kit looks amazing though. Kinda a little bored with singular class design. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would like to try Ranger but the pet and the need to play with a pet is a deal breaker.
    I've never found pets to be that big of a detractor, ANet just needs to give it better AI for keeping itself alive since we can't command them to dodge.

I simply don't like an external source of my abilities. No AI can fix it. It's a mechanical issue I dislike.

I don't want to take over the world with you anymore.
    I still have Squirrelbanes!

You are simply dust to the Charr-Asura Coalition Warmachine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have Squirrelbanes!

You are simply dust to the Charr-Asura Coalition Warmachine.
    I can easily stop your war machine by erecting giant scratching posts around my fort and putting the asura back in their cribs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I can easily stop your war machine by erecting giant scratching posts around my fort and putting the asura back in their cribs.
    Want to join us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to join us?
    Until charr animations stop sucking, nay.

scratching posts? nay just put out some catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Until charr animations stop sucking, nay.
    You have doomed yourself, your children, your children's children, and any pets you or they may or may not will or currently have.

Oh it's the fact that you can absolutely ignore pets 100% that anoys me though. (and the fact that they just follow you whilst dead) The statement regarding, we want rangers to use pets seems to have been a very long shot. You basicly get 3commands for a pet atm which just is silly. (also due to healing being selfreliant, you can't really say oh my pet is at 70% hp I'll use my healing skill to get it up. Since you'll probably need to use it "soon")

To me there should be a clear advantage using pets (they rez u 50%faster) or puts up vulnerability if attacking from the back. stuff like that. Now people (me included) just ignore them completely.

Oh it's the fact that you can absolutely ignore pets 100% that anoys me though. (and the fact that they just follow you whilst dead) The statement regarding, we want rangers to use pets seems to have been a very long shot. You basicly get 3commands for a pet atm which just is silly. (also due to healing being selfreliant, you can't really say oh my pet is at 70% hp I'll use my healing skill to get it up. Since you'll probably need to use it "soon")

To me there should be a clear advantage using pets (they rez u 50%faster) or puts up vulnerability if attacking from the back. stuff like that. Now people (me included) just ignore them completely.
    Going through the wiki I see that pets are in fact capable of applying conditions, vulnerability being one of them.