1. #37261
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  2. #37262
    New season announcement on August 30.


    We are probably going to Far Shiverpeaks.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2019-07-26 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  3. #37263
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,436
    FSP? Somewhere I didn't think that we'd go.

  4. #37264
    Winter expansion! Yessss.

    I like the 'fire and ice' idea that's been thrown around, since the icon is red and blue. The red seems a little bit more bloodstone red than Primordus red, so I don't know if there's anything to that, but I'm really excited.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  5. #37265
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Winter expansion! Yessss.

    I like the 'fire and ice' idea that's been thrown around, since the icon is red and blue. The red seems a little bit more bloodstone red than Primordus red, so I don't know if there's anything to that, but I'm really excited.
    Not expansion, new LS season. IIRC they confirmed S5 will come before the next expansion a while back.

  6. #37266
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not expansion, new LS season. IIRC they confirmed S5 will come before the next expansion a while back.
    It sounds like they're going back to 'feature patches'. Before HoT they had 'feature patches' that would rework entire game systems. With HoT and PoF, the 'feature patches' were bundled with the expacs. They said they want to release 'expansion like features' with LS5. Can't remember when they said it but it was with one of their 'what we're working on' blog posts.

    LS5 might be what Eye of the North was to GW1, an expansion to the entire game, and not just the expansion that was before it.

  7. #37267
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It sounds like they're going back to 'feature patches'. Before HoT they had 'feature patches' that would rework entire game systems. With HoT and PoF, the 'feature patches' were bundled with the expacs. They said they want to release 'expansion like features' with LS5. Can't remember when they said it but it was with one of their 'what we're working on' blog posts.

    LS5 might be what Eye of the North was to GW1, an expansion to the entire game, and not just the expansion that was before it.
    I'd be totally down for that...but my concerns would be for them financially. Those big changes take a lot of time and investment, and they'll need to recoup those costs. LS is a good way to keep folks around between expansions and to make a bit of extra selling them to new players, but I can't see them carrying the game for more than a year with how they're currently set up.

    Don't get me wrong, I like this quarterly-ish delivery schedule and the amount of content that comes with them (few hours of story, a whole new zone with all the trimmings, usually new mastery stuff, a bunch of gear etc.), but I can't see how they'll keep player and revenue numbers steady with benefiting from an expansion bump.

    I just want me some juicy dx12 support after seeing how well the mod that was created to force it is working out for folks.

  8. #37268
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,436
    Anet announced they're doing a double XP for two weeks after their reveal (the end of the two weeks would fall on their normal content release date). Heres to their announcement on the 30th being something exciting. Maybe even something ready to play? I honestly only expected holidays/festivals + a balance tweak until early 2020.

  9. #37269
    It's probably just the Living Story with a nice trailer. It's possible that they're doing a major revision to some systems as part of it, or changing the format of the episodes, but I wouldn't expect too much.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •