Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    but not to worry! If you do this as a tank and get a satchel, you can always send it to a different character cuz its Bind on Account
    Man am i glad i geared my tank :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

It's just incentive for tanks/healers who don't actually need heroic gear or vp to join up to cut down queue times.

and everything you get isn't BoP so you can roll a tank or healer, run a dungeon, get the bag and ship it off to your main (who won't have to sit in the queue for 45 minutes as dps). But whatever, QQ moar.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    3-5 mins shorter for all I care, I just want it so my alts can finish the valor points away. Like honestly the community will whine about everything non stop =/

Community of DPS: WHAAAAAAAA I want my dungeon Q to be SUPER FAST ((
    Blizzard: Alright bob what's your idea on this?
    Bob guy who works for blizzard: Kay how about we make a incentive for the healers and the tanks? you see they get this SUPER COOL BAG!
    Blizzard: I'm listening
    Bob guy who works for blizzard: The bag will contain rare stuff...!
    Blizzard: Good idea Bob I'm promoting you!
    ---4.1 comes out----
    DPS: WTF WHY DO THEY GET THE BAG AND NOT US WTF MAN QQ THEY CAN'T DO THAT SHIT WITHOUT US
    Blizzard: ...Bob you're demoted
    Bob guy who works for blizzard: ...
    HA! best ever
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylayia View Post
    My question is, are people going to queue for a random or are they going to wait until they are able to get a satchel before they queue?
    They will just take their healer/tank alt. The Satchel is BoA.

Deleted
    So in other words, pure DPS classes are potentially going to miss out on the mysterious mount because there is rarely, if ever a shortage of DPS classes within the dungeon queues?

Somebody didn't read how the dungeon call to arms works!

It's whichever role is least represented.

So its possible it could be DPS, but its very unlikely.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner, but they must have gotten the idea from the satchel at the end of Occulus, which worked very well as an incentive for doing the instance. If this turns out anything like that, then we'll definitely have shorter queues for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see this happening.

tank see's CtA - ques

healer does not see CtA, doesnt que.

tank is confused why que didn't insta pop.
    ....10 minutes go by, by now there are 30 tanks in que, and 40 or so healers who aren't que'ing.

finally enough tanks que'd that healer CtA pops up.

40 healers que at once.

rinse repeat..

all this will do is make my que times longer on 2 tanks and a healer, AND i will be forced to pug...
    i barely see an upside to this, other than bag i MIGHT get, if the pug doesn't completely fail, and i have to reque.

I've seen 3 people doing between 5-7k dps... i have seen healers in crafted pvp gear going oom on trash, with 70k some odd mana.
    i had decided not to pug... now i am indecisive... I may or may not pug my tanking services on Adaline and Cokadìn, or my healing services on Christan, Darkspear-US

i will try a few pugs out... someone mentioned in an earlier post that even though runs didn't go smoothly, there wasn't as much fail as expected...maybe this far into the xpack, people have realized strats count in heroics.

if i do pug i might even use CC again on Adaline, depends on dps and healer. (stopped using CC even in VP on the double healer pulls, i focus one of the healers, a dps focus's the other, and we interrupt / stun heals, gogo 30k dps burst with berserk-mangle spam. (gogo pre-made runs)
    Last edited by Christan; 2011-04-25 at 02:49 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Proof that this will indeed shorten the queue for dps?

Well, I haven't done random heroics for 4 months, but with this out and the potential for getting mounts in a slightly less boring way, I'll very likely sign up for a bunch of heroics every week, and being a fully equipped tank/healer, that will benefit the waiting time for the dps.

The idea is that people with tank alts or tank offspec will run as tanks more often - even normal modes will offer satchels so it's not like you're being asked to suffer thru 2+ hour wipe fest heroics for a chance at the bonus rewards. Factor in the changes to how points are awarded for instances (first 7/wk vs 1/day) and maelstrom crystals going on point vendors and there's very good chances that alt tanks will see a LOT more play and folks like me with mains as tanks might actually go back to randoms instead of only running guild groups (or just doing without) because there's just so many derp dps.

DPS gets shorter queues, tanks/healers get satchel.
    You can`t have it all. It`s a way to shorten the queues, not to reward ppl that are w8ing too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    CTA is aimed at lowering the que times for DPS by giving an incentive towards tanks and possibly healers.

If DPS want a chance at the satchel, roll a tank and start grinding, then send the BoA items back to your DPS.