Thread: druid profesion

druid profesion

So I just started playing my druid again and Im lvl 81 and resto is my main spec. I was wondering what r the best professions for a druid. I was thinking leather working since I makes leather and iv never leveled it before. I do have enchanting at lvl 251 though. So If I keep enchanting can you make a money off of it now? Im a little behind on stuff iv been gone a while

u cant beat tailoring as a caster..... so if u r rocking boomkin/resto.... tailoring is golden... Enchanting is nice to... but god damn expensive to lvl...

herbalism is awsome since u can herb in flightform, i went with that and inscription on my druid...

lw is nice and all, but... a bit "boring" once u r capped.

Deleted
    I would go for herbalism, it is so easy to herb in flight form, really decrease the time you need to farm an amount of herbs!

I'm herb/alch. There are many professions as nice as alch in terms of int bonus, but no matter what, take herb as one of them. Not only for the picking flowers in flight form ability, but lifeblood gives you a nice haste bonus!

Deleted
    Take whatever professions you like, unless you want some profession bonuses for buffing your performance, or if you want professions that make money.

The profession bonuses are about even, except tailoring, herbalism, skinning and mining which are inferior compared to the others. Check http://www.wow-professions.com/news/...n-bonusesperks for more info about profession bonuses for druids.

For money making it depends if you want to spend time in the AH or farming. If farming, take gathering professions, if AH, any crafting profession (you can make some money even with engineering if you know what to do). You don't even need gathering professions to support crafting if you buy the materials from AH and just make sure you always make profit with the end product (so if you want to go leather working, compare the prices of leathers and the products you want to be crafting and see if it is profitable on your server). I won't go into greater detail as you can find a lot of info about making money with every single profession all around the internet, even in these same forums.

Personally my druid is an alchemist and a jewelcrafter simply because those used to be some of the best professions for making money when I started playing during TBC (I don't want to change them because I put a lot of effort into getting all alchemy and all but a few cataclysm jewelcrafting designs). Alchemy also supports my jewelcrafting as I can transmute gems and then cut them. They both have nice buffs for raiding too.

Other profession which I also find very useful to have is enchanting because it allows me to disenchant items for better profit than if I'd sell them, and it takes very little effort. You also asked whether you can make money with enchanting and the answer is yes: sell profitable and popular enchantment scrolls in the AH.
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-04-25 at 04:18 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do mining and herbing on my druid and i think it does well....Good luck out there

If you're trying to make gold then go herb/mine since a druid is the best for gathering and you definitly want both gathering professions on the same toon.

If you're trying to get the best stat boost then go look at the druid pvp and pve forums for the best coombo.