offensive dispelling as disc in arenas

Hello all,

My priest just dinged and I'm starting to grind some gear. I'm going to be doing 2s and 3s as disc. I've got a fair bit of experience in arenas and a lot of experience raid healing, but one area I've never dealt with has been offensive dispels.

Generally speaking, is there a shortlist of spells that I should always be on the lookout for from certain classes? How high of a priority is offensive dispelling? I know mass dispel is the one to use for pally bubbles, but otherwise, is it generally better to just use dispel magic? Or should I drop a mass dispel on the team from the start if I can?

Any thoughts are appreciated. thanks!

Dispel the other teams buffs whenever you get the chance to - blessing of kings, might, fort, arcane int, etc. Mass Dispel consumes a big chunk of mana so only use it when its absolutely necessary.

If you come up against a decent resto druid comp you'll find most of your mana is spent on dispelling their HoTs while your dps beats someone down and the retard idiot druid switches back and forth back and forth back and forth from retard male night elf to stupid cat.

as you can tell, resto druids are going to upset you.

good luck with your offensive dispels

15+ Year Old Account
    On top of my head the most dangerous buff you want to get off someone would be avenging wrath on a ret paladin.
    Their damage is nuts when it's active.

Try to get rid of the basic buffs also. Don't bother with stuff such as grace, tidal waves etc unless you're going for a kill right there.

Avenging wrath, hand of freedom, bop, and that 20% damage reduce one for pallys
    Frozen veins off mage, you could dispel some of their procs too like brainfreeze etc
    Hots off druid, but careful, dispelling lifebloom causes it to bloom, I believe
    Shields on priests, they absorb too much.
    Nothing else I can think of nao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coho View Post
    Avenging wrath, hand of freedom, bop, and that 20% damage reduce one for pallys
    Frozen veins off mage, you could dispel some of their procs too like brainfreeze etc
    Hots off druid, but careful, dispelling lifebloom causes it to bloom, I believe
    Shields on priests, they absorb too much.
    Nothing else I can think of nao
    To continue the list:

Ice barrier, mana shield, mage/warlock wards
    Power infusion, prayer of mending (if you know you can get it off before a tick), renew, shadow protection (very important as you are most likely not spell pene capped)
    Nature swiftness (I am quite sure it's still a magic)

Thanks so much. This is very helpful.