Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Atramedes' Sonic Breath

Does moving faster make him track you faster?
    Last edited by blueviper65; 2011-04-26 at 12:44 PM. Reason: CONFUSED

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the breath follows you faster based on your sound, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue unless people are not dodging stuff, which is really all the fight is about anyway. What melee can do by accident is run through him or cut the corner as they start running which can make his breath start in a different place than you might think, so they have to watch that but I don't understand how that wipes you - the other groups can't see when a breath isn't going to stop casting before it gets to them and move?

We don't group up at all for that fight, we have ranged spread out on one side and melee on the other, with the healers being in the middle of the ranged so the ranged dps can always run away from the healers and they only have to move to dodge things and if they themselves get the breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running ahead won't increase the speed at which he rotates; sound is the factor, not target movement speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stand in 1 spot. Everyone move right when a breath happens except the target who needs to run left. Problem solved.
    (also, PWB and aoe heals are more effective this way)

The more sound you have, the faster he will track. My only suggestion is to at least have melee stay at max range which will give them more time to move from discs.

This is conflicted with what was recorded, is there any evidence its only dependant on sound? Melee were running closer to boss (with almost zero sound) and flame overtook and killed range.

This is akin to a melee running through the boss and flipping the breath on the other side. Melee needs to understand that the hitbox is redic large. There is no need to be close to the boss ever so this shouldnt be an issue. Have them stay at max range of the hitbox and this wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by blueviper65 View Post
    This is conflicted with what was recorded, is there any evidence its only dependant on sound? Melee were running closer to boss (with almost zero sound) and flame overtook and killed range.
    It's because the range have further to run if they are running at max range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The evidence is in what every single strat or guide to the fight says, which is the same as what people here are saying. Its speed is determined by the sound of the player its targeting.

As people have already pointed, your melee are either running through the inside of his hitbox which can make it go somewhere else than where you think since the boss considers that melee to be on a different side of him, or your ranged don't understand how circles work - if you have a small circle (where the melee is running) and a large circle (out where the ranged is) then both math and common sense says that it will take the ranged player more time to get to the other side of his circle since he has more distance to cover. Your ranged have to either start moving earlier, move faster through abilities like blink, or angle in so that they have a shorter distance to cover.

Deleted
    There is currently a bug in the game that when you are like almost inside the boss he will turn really really really realllyyyyy fast! And it doesnt matter how much sound you have. If you stand roughly 4 yards away from the red circle you can always out run him. Just dont hug him like you wanna kiss his body.

The boss definitly turns faster if you run closer to him. If a ranged dps on max range gets the the breath and runs close to melee, he will often barely make a 90 degrees turn. Yet a melee who gets targeted and runs close to the boss can make him turn nearly 180 degrees.

I know for a fact the difference between the two examples is mainly the distance they run at, since i'm a raidleader in a guild which clears this weekly on heroic and I will sure as hell know if people are running around with more than 50 sound...

If any of our melee dps is stupid enough to do this (still happens now and then, unfortunatly) anyone caught on the wrong side of the breath on range will have no chance whatsoever to stay ahead, even if said melee has < 30 sound.

I appreciate the help, I think our problem is when the melee are targeted, because they are closer to the boss they move too far, too quickly before the breath is cast,
    What melee can do by accident is run through him or cut the corner as they start running which can make his breath start in a different place than you might think
    as you said.
    Last edited by blueviper65; 2011-04-26 at 02:00 PM.

He does'nt go faster, however if you get 180 degrees from his head he will flip to that position. I found this out when activating worgan sprint and having a PW:S + speed boost. I ran around him so fast he turned 180 and continued in casting the breath.

Does moving faster make him track you faster?
    When the raid was first released and we were on him, I had wolves out and was the first to be targeted. Since my wolves were out I hit sprint, the boss definitely spun faster to keep up with me.

Please specify if he moves faster while casting the breath. Moving fast and then he casts and follows normally ≠ moving fast after the cast and he follows fast.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Closer you are to the boss faster boss will rotate. so if u just stand like 5-10y away from boss it will rotate slower but you will run faster. Easy.

Deleted
    How this breath is handled is dead simple. Getting hit by it makes you suck or you sucked earlier on in the fight by sucking at dodging easydodgeble discs.

He targets you and you got a 1-2s grace to choose a direction. Then the breath is just next to you and you press your strave key for 1s ever 0,5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    How this breath is handled is dead simple. Getting hit by it makes you suck or you sucked earlier on in the fight by sucking at dodging easydodgeble discs.

He targets you and you got a 1-2s grace to choose a direction. Then the breath is just next to you and you press your strave key for 1s ever 0,5s.
    I agree with the content of this post, but not the spelling, grammar, or phrasing.

Sig by Mipeo

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some problems with that in my guild as well, I always remind my raid to run in a STEEP curve to prevent it from moving faster. And we always have a laugh about the word Steep as well

Edit: To clarify, we never failed due to it moving faster, but it did happen when people didn't run in a steep curve

I've never noticed any increase to speed due to sound, however when people move faster or are in closer and move the same amount as someone far away (geometry please!) the boss will definitely move faster.