Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You are having a massive performance issue, on week 2 of cata in almost full blues we had our raiders performing much higher dps than this, You need to talk with your raiders about stepping up their game alot. Also lose a tank and lose a healer, no reason to use more than 2 heals and 1 tank.

Deleted
    We gave up assigning marks etc on the adds because it actually make them take longer to die overall. Also if you tank cho'gall at the wall sometimes stalks spawn touching the wall and are extremely hard for anyone to see let alone ranged dps.

Everyone should just go for whichever one is closest. As a prot pala I go for the bunch everyone else is not focusing on while our other tank is currently tanking Cho'gall. Avengers shield can interupt up to 3 stalks if you are lucky. All in all you have 5 interupters, 6 if you include your Holy Pala for the stalks.

People should be aware of what is going on and interupt nearby channelling stalks regardless of if that one is their current dps target or not.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fainflinn View Post
    the adds are also lvl 85 if i remember right so remember u dont need the boss hit cap to interrupt also if your using the blood tank to interrupt MF works off of spell hit and chances are he's spell hit capped for interrupting at least.
    This won't matter come 4.1 as all pummel type spells are automatically capped.

Deleted
    2 healers really makes this fight a lot easier. Oh, and not pushing 10k dps aswell.

2x warrior tanks
    holy paladin, resto druid
    frost dk, hunter, warlock, 2x rogues, spriest

Our usual setup.

Cho'Gall is a 2-heal fight. Have the druid go boomkin. Seriously. It will take some time to get used to the damage and for everybody else to perfect their mechanics, but it will solve all your dps problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gymrat2005 is correct

This fight can very easily be done with 2 healers, have your priest or druid take a shadow or moonkin spec and have all your other dps step up by 5k and your laughing

We have our group do adds as follows

Tanks swap
    Enhance shaman and Spriest stay on boss (ramp up on spriest is still lame)
    Rogue frost dk mage and hunter go for the big add, rogue does interrupts
    As soon as big add is dead the rogue runs back and swaps with the Spriest to keep boss dps high and the spriest rolls AOE onto the slimes along with a fire mage hunter and frost DK, HB lol

Our healers heal a tank each

As long as your raiders are aware of whats going on then the raid damage SHOULD only come from shadows orders and a tiny bit from a possible dragons breath to interrupt worship

In the last phase with the tentacles make sure you position cho'gall correctly and you will minimise the space needed to run around to kill tentacles giving you more dps uptime

We ususally stick him in a corner and 4-5 out of 6 tentacles usually spawn under the boss' feet allowing us to passively cleave them while dpsing the boss, aka pestilence, fire nova, blastwaves, multishot, fan etc...

This position also allows the Off tank to soak all the beams very easily

Good luck

Part of the problem with out dps issue is that our fire mage has been a 100% attendance member since wrath raids, where he was one of our better dps, but since cata has dropped he hasn't been able to adapt to the new fire, and it's basically would we rather have loyalty to someone who has been loyal to us, or take the best possible players. We also don't have a bench, so we would be relegated to pugging and praying. Alliance side our server is very low pop. and there aren't many good players just laying around that aren't already guilded.

Also I suppose I should have put it in caps, but we really are a social/friendly guild and not hellbent on destroying heroic modes.

Basically from what i've read all we can do is replace the fire mage, make the other mage go fire, and try and get everyone else's dps up?

(ps my hunters dps is low because this is first week i've ever played a hunter and will be improving dramatically by next raid done research on EJ etc. just rotational stuff getting sorted out)

then you have to really tell your mage(s) to step up, most prolly the issue is switching, push more on his rotation , and make sure there are no downtimes when adds come (dps boss while adds are spawning),aoe asap once the adds spawn, time when adds are about to die, get back to boss asap, get back to boss asap after interrups/being interrupted. til they perfect their play style, you have to expect that you will again and again do cho'gal though,

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbane View Post
    Part of the problem with out dps issue is that our fire mage has been a 100% attendance member since wrath raids, where he was one of our better dps, but since cata has dropped he hasn't been able to adapt to the new fire, and it's basically would we rather have loyalty to someone who has been loyal to us, or take the best possible players. We also don't have a bench, so we would be relegated to pugging and praying. Alliance side our server is very low pop. and there aren't many good players just laying around that aren't already guilded.

Also I suppose I should have put it in caps, but we really are a social/friendly guild and not hellbent on destroying heroic modes.

Basically from what i've read all we can do is replace the fire mage, make the other mage go fire, and try and get everyone else's dps up?

(ps my hunters dps is low because this is first week i've ever played a hunter and will be improving dramatically by next raid done research on EJ etc. just rotational stuff getting sorted out)

Socail guild or not,It doesnt matter I wouldnt be surprised if 35% Of the Community hasn't killed chogall yet,you have to work for it.

From what i gathered it looks like you want to keep your current comp, in that case the only advice i can give is have your priest go disc or holy and 2 heal it. Relay some information to your hpally for me, He should be the one going with the add tank,and juggling his beacon accordingly ,and if he really wants a chogall kill make him get the LoD glyph and a useful macro is /cast Divine Favor /cast Holy Radiance. Btw someone said you need 1 tank for this fight Do not listen to that stupid garbage.

Goodluck,and dont forget everyone in this forum has been in the same shoe's you have been in.

So from what I've read, these things need to happen,

Replace 10k fire mage
    Make frost mage go fire
    Make druid go boom
    Keep both rogues on boss and have blood dk do solo interrupts
    Get people to maximize their overall dps more?

We will not be utilizing a 1 tank strategy, our dps off spec geared tank is also the better of the two, and i'm not comfortable having the weaker solo tank.

Also, one of our holy paladins is still in blues (new recruit) and I'm not sure how his mana regen will hold up to two healing it, is it just bite the bullet and do it kind of thing?
    Last edited by Chaosbane; 2011-04-26 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat2005 View Post
    Socail guild or not,It doesnt matter I wouldnt be surprised if 35% Of the Community hasn't killed chogall yet,you have to work for it.
    Honestly, I would venture a guess that only roughly 10-15% of the entire WoW population HAS downed Cho'Gall. On my server of nearly 7,000 level 85 characters, we only have 19 guilds who have downed him (on normal OR heroic). Taking into account alts, inactives, and PUGs, this still makes 15% a pretty generous estimate.

Not trying to quarrel, just trying to further prove your point that... yes, Cho'Gall actually IS difficult (especially when you first start attempting), so it will take some work and possibly some restructuring of your strategies and/or raid make-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

What you gonna do:
    -Gear up to full 353 with new heroics
    -Make another mage sit with your fire mage and talk things over(gear,reforge,rotations), maybe he can improve
    -2 heal the fight

Strategy wise, you guys should aim for 3 ads (4th spawning right into the transition is fine), then 3 waves of worms, ignoring the 4th wave and focusing on boss helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    What you gonna do:
    -Gear up to full 353 with new heroics
    -Make another mage sit with your fire mage and talk things over(gear,reforge,rotations), maybe he can improve
    -2 heal the fight

Strategy wise, you guys should aim for 3 ads (4th spawning right into the transition is fine), then 3 waves of worms, ignoring the 4th wave and focusing on boss helps.
    We have been trying to work with him to improve his dps for the last 2 weeks with only marginal improvements, I just don't think he gets it

I'm sure it's been said but in case it hasn't been (gotta get to the DMV to renew my license. ugh)
    The fight has been changed so that it's entirely possible for one person to interupt, have one of your tanks doing that.

If you guys are reaching 100 stacks of blood corruption then it's not necessarily a DPS issue, but more so a "I stand in fire mechanics" issue.
    I saw someone sayin to two heal it?
    If you guys are undergeared I definitely wouldn't recommend two healing it, but that's my opinion on the case.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbane View Post
    We have been trying to work with him to improve his dps for the last 2 weeks with only marginal improvements, I just don't think he gets it
    then you guys will have to carry him (I know its a harsh word) by gearing and getting better yourselves...

loyalty in a guild comes in 2 forms imo

1.Guild has to give respec where respec is due
    2. The player has to be able to perform for his guild or gratiously step out while he figures out what he has to do

100% attendence is nice specially with ppl leaving but if the guy that shows up 100% of the time is gimping the raid he needs to step out and figure out why he is holding the raid back once he has it sorted out saddle up and get back in. Its not wrong to evalute someones performace and make them aware of what they should be doing in comparsin to what they are doing.

All in all try it with the tank interrupting and the rogue on the boss and see how far that takes ya rigth away that should solve alot of problems right there, IF your healers feel they can do it try turning a healer into a dps (altho i dont suggest you try this right now it is definatly something to work towards)

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you don't need add interrupter, tank who is tanking it should be able to interrupt it without any problems, if he still misses an interrupt do to him being below hit cap, then ask him to reforge/change/regem some gear to get to his cap (not like it rly matters anymore, cuz from tomorrow he won't be able to miss the interrupt anymore) and have your other rogue 100% on the boss. Also you have 2 mages which can act as backup interrupt in case your add tank can't interrupt on time.

Second, you (as surv hunter) and a fire mage are more than enough to have adds never reach the raid before they get killed (trap + blast wave). Tell the other mage to go fire as well (2 blast waves are better than one). Let your blood DK tank the add that way you will require less healing on him. If you still have issues with adds reaching the raid, have one of the rogues with crippling psns on ranged weapon get inside and fok a few times (if they don't have Deadly Brew talent) to help with slowing.

Third, you should have priest with you in raid, discipline would be good with attonement to get address your DPS issues a bit and have your whole raid stacked behind the boss to make sure attonement is healing them.

One more thing, and it's very important, don't fail at basic mechanics of the boss, have that worship interrupted immediately, avoid the crashes, interrupt the add, basically avoid stacking corruption.

It's easily doable with 3 healers (our first kill was with 3, atm we are doing it with 2 and plan to try it with paladin solo healing with prot paladin and DK tanking)

And yea, that fire mage is definitely doing something wrong, because 11K DPS with full epics is just rly rly bad.

Hey, just my two cents. When are you popping time warp? We had a lot of issues downing him in Phase 2 as well even getting in with healers with plenty of mana and nobody above 20 corruption. We found that popping time warp around the 3rd wave of tentacles helped us a ton. (Maybe even after the second set go down).

We were trying to pop it right at the beginning of the P2 transition ~26% hp because it seems like there is a 5-10 second dead zone before the tentacles spawn. I think everyone on here is right in saying it's a dps problem, because the 4th tentacles are spawning and we are still 7% hp off killing him

Also, in phase 2 we really haven't found a good spot to tank cho'gall. Is the throne really that much better to tank him on? it stacks the tentacles, but doesn't it increase the chance of people vomiting on each other?
    Last edited by Chaosbane; 2011-04-26 at 05:14 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    are you having players go into p2 with more then 20 corruption? How are the interrupts? Is the add tanking coming into p2 with high corruption? 2 healing is a great strat but if your guys can not dodge the shadow crashes or your interrupts (MC included because if you dont get people out of the MC then the boss is going to hit like a truck and there is just not out healing it unless you far out gear the encounter). Point is high corruption in p2 means people are going to die a lot faster, are you saving blood lust for p2? If you are getting 5 adds in p1 you might want to try and use BL to try and get it down to 3 adds 4th despawning upon the push into p2.

Also are you stacking on Cho'galls ass? Even you as the hunter, needs to do this. By doing this the pally tank can use his shield to break out people who are MC'd. Is your pally healer using Aura mastery to negate the aoe shadow damage from the add that gets sucked into his body.

People do a pretty good job with corrupting crashes, every now and then a MC stays up a shade to long. Our corruption is typically at 0 or 10 going into P2, it just seems like the tentacles stay up for a full 26 seconds or so so there is no dps time in between, which i'm not sure how to fix.