Mage Glove Enchant

On a whim I tried using Mr. Robot to optomize my Fire Mage gear. Mr. Robot reported that Ench. Gloves- Greater mastery (+65 Mastery) was the best glove enchant.
    I've been using Haste (+50) and questioning Mr. Robots suggestion. Haste +50 (128 required for +1%) and Mastery +65 (179 required for +1%) are both close to giving their respective 1% increase, and haste is the better stat. So should I keep my Haste ench or go with Mr. Robot?

This is the link:
    askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/tortheldrin/ozzy/optimized

65 mastery is just barely better, not enough to justify the cost of maelstrom crystals. That being said with 4.1 coming out those crystals prices will be dropping like a rock since the new heroics will be farmed for shards and also they will be able to be purchased from JP vendors.

Mr. Robot has deep pockets.

my main is a fire mage, i have found mastery is one of the most usless stats...

get git caped>intel>haste>intel.... 40 intel gives more crit then 40 crit itself

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the effective values of each stat and whether or not you're close to a haste plateau. Ultimately, 65 Mastery wins out by simply being...well, more.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imagica View Post
    my main is a fire mage, i have found mastery is one of the most usless stats...

get git caped>intel>haste>intel.... 40 intel gives more crit then 40 crit itself
    No...I don't think any of this is correct. Int>SP>Hit>Crit~Haste>Mastery, never forgo Int for ANYTHING, and no, a single point of Int does NOT give more crit than a single point of crit.
    BfA Beta Time

[QUOTE=Swizzle;11224045]It depends on the effective values of each stat and whether or not you're close to a haste plateau. Ultimately, 65 Mastery wins out by simply being...well, more.[COLOR="red"]

So, is this a case in-which the stat with the most points wins?

Quote Originally Posted by junkygood View Post
    So, is this a case in-which the stat with the most points wins?
    It's a case where you should run a proper sim (unsure how accurate the latest builds are with the patch - suggest reading EJ to find out for sure the status of various sims) to find out.

The haste enchant is significantly better for me, because I'm at one of those said haste plateaus.

It's all different now anyway though with the patch. I should probably reevaluate.

I re-evaluated the Fire Mage stat weights and we posted them up with our 4.1 update yesterday. I still give a very slight edge to Haste, although it is almost the same as Crit now.

As for your question on the enchant, it is simple math:
    For the 50 haste enchant to be better, it would need to be weighted 30% higher than Mastery. Right now my sims and analysis show it about 22% better.

There is an option to filter out Maelstrom enchants if you prefer not to consider them for minor upgrades. I expect the cost of maelstrom crystals will start to fall considerably with the addition of the 2 new 5 mans that drop loads of epic quality gear, though.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.