Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Well it is the only term I was familiar with that could mean OC. On the internet, everything is a repost of a repost of a repost. Original Content is achieved when someone creates it themselves. For example, your pony avatars are reposts. If you drew them yourselves, they would be OC.
    Fair enough. I see your distinction, though the strictly positive definition would probably never be pointed out as off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    But if they are just hanging out together up in space or w/e all they really did was ditch Twilight :P
    Well, it's not much of a stretch to interpret the wording "through eternity" as "without regard for time passing" (rather than "until the end of time"), especially if they're assumed to have already been waiting for Twilight for what might've been hundreds of years.

But i wonder who went last.
    Fluttershy would probally be scared of death.
    Rarity would want to cherish her looks?
    I imagine the two unicorns having had much to talk about over the decades.
    Last edited by mmoc09f76fb0d8; 2011-05-12 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    OK I just read that fanfic and I wouldn't say it was sad, and AJxRD thing made me chuckle a little.

AND THEN I HEARD THE SONG.

Stories don't really touch me in general, but I'm pretty weak on music.
    Like this one
    Last edited by mmoce67615a32e; 2011-05-12 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    OMG IS THIS EVIL EVIL THREAD STILL GOING ON.

Kidding, kinda cute.. in a semi-creepy way
    Speaking of Cute and Creepy
    http://ponibooru.413chan.net/_images...sher_bloom.jpg

I poop a little everytime i check Ponibooru for potential avatars and i see this.

Deleted
    I poop a little everytime i check Ponibooru for potential avatars and i see this.
    Traumatized by this thing that was going around a month or so back, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post
    Traumatized by this thing that was going around a month or so back, by any chance?
    Yup, it still haunts my dreams.

Deleted
    At first I was rather tentative about watching this thing, but let me tell you, 15 episodes later I'm completely hooked. I'm sad it has to end. So here's a quick review for anyone who wonders what the deal is with MLP.

Firstly, the show is obviously aimed at children. Little girls to be precise. You DO notice this. You don't exactly have to be a prophet to decipher where the plot and inevitable moral of each episode is going. The morals are often cheesy. Not a problem for the younger audience, in fact I heartily approve of this kind of messaging towards younger people. I admire the inclusion of a main character that's a 'geek' and Rainbow Dash as a 'tomboy' character rather than constantly reaffirming a single gender stereotype. However, the older viewer will know or disregard every moral the show has to offer, as should be expected. The pilot episode is, in my opinion, not that great. Do not base your views on the pilot alone.

That said, the true joy of this series is in the journey, not the destination. The plot is obvious, but the show has so many other things in its favour that I'm willing to forgive that. The characterisation is excellent - each of the main characters is both highly distinct (they are quite understandably exaggerated stereotypes of particular personalities) and both immediately and permanently likeable. The plot is far from in-depth, but the lack in continuity and overarching storyline betwen episodes is in this case a strength. The scenarios remain fresh throughout. As has often been mentioned, the animation quality is superb. I can't remember the last cartoon I saw with such good production values. The attention to detail is excellent, and the consistently quirky style has kept me smiling for hours.

I am an extremely cynical person. I conform to the majority of male stereotypes. I am 18. But let me tell you, this show warms my heart. Its not mature, and it certainly isn't flawless. This is exactly why I love it. Away from the world of decadent politics, collapsing economies and unabated prejudice, I can laugh at a pony being flattened by a piano and laugh. If you take yourself very seriously and worry about your self image, then this programme probably isn't for you. If you want to smile, laugh and just have some light-hearted fun then I strongly recommend you watch at least the first few episodes.

/brohoof
    Last edited by mmoc581146db80; 2011-05-12 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post

That said, the true joy of this series is in the journey, not the destination. The plot is obvious, but the show has so many other things in its favour that I'm willing to forgive that. The characterisation is excellent - each of the main characters is both highly distinct (they are quite understandably exaggerated stereotypes of particular personalities) and both immediately and permanently likeable. The plot is far from in-depth, but the lack in continuity and overarching storyline betwen episodes is in this case a strength. The scenarios remain fresh throughout. As has often been mentioned, the animation quality is superb. I can't remember the last cartoon I saw with such good production values. The attention to detail is excellent, and the consistently quirky style has kept me smiling for hours.

/brohoof
    I agree with this, if you dont like every single character by the end of the series something is wrong.
    When i first started i thought Rarity was stuck up and unlikable, yet when her own episode rolled around my opinion was quickly changed.

I feel better now after a post depression nap. I don't think I've read a better short than that and the music was perfect.
    And I read it again...almost cried but only felt happy.
    Out of all the fics I've ever read that was the only one that made me cry.

im afraid to read it if it made you all cry....

I don't regret reading it one bit. Actually glad I did.

Hopefully this will cheer people up

That movie was terrible.

Also god damn the "The token has expired" message that seems to be all over this forum lately.

Hopefully this will cheer people up
    Another good one. Thanks.

Deleted
    I finally finished another WoW pony. A non pony portrait wasn't working out as I wanted, so I needed some cheering up.
    To go with all the 4.2 news, here's Ragnapony

Full sized version with downloadable wallpaper

Giving thoughts on how to make The Lich Pony now, good ole Arthy being mainly recognizable by his armour I need to figure out how to make it clearly look like a pony instead of LK armour with hooves. Time to hit the art books and sketch board again!

Quote Originally Posted by Saikano View Post
    I finally finished another WoW pony. A non pony portrait wasn't working out as I wanted, so I needed some cheering up.

Giving thoughts on how to make The Lich Pony now, good ole Arthy being mainly recognizable by his armour I need to figure out how to make it clearly look like a pony instead of LK armour with hooves. Time to hit the art books and sketch board again!
    That is amazing.

Also for LK, in my opinion the Helm is enough, maybe the Skull kneepads and of course Frostmourne.
    Too much armor would look weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    "And yet... it is all worth it."

Amazing work indeed. I still have the tab open from seeing that on PB last night.

Make sure not to cover up too much of his mane.
    Last edited by mmoc09f76fb0d8; 2011-05-13 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post
    I cried today.

I haven't flipped through many literary fan works, but randomly decided to follow a tip of a supposedly touching fic' & song combo. I had no idea what to expect, and couldn't possibly be prepared. I never stood a chance.

While playing this track, read this short story. Deep stuff...
    Cute story ... after finishing I looked through the YT comments ... hell that's a lot of men being affected by that combination ...

Deleted
    That is amazing.

Also for LK, in my opinion the Helm is enough, maybe the Skull kneepads and of course Frostmourne.
    Too much armor would look weird.
    Thanks
    And I agree, that seems like a good idea All the ideas I had seemed too cluttery, maybe I'll add a flowing cloak as well for some drama, he likes his drama that Lich King fella.

Amazing work indeed. I still have the tab open from seeing that on PB last night.
    Noob question, what's PB? Just curious where my work shows up. *blush*

10+ Year Old Account

<image>

Are you fricken...holy....O_O...what in gods name....MAKING THIS SHIT MY WALLPAPER

I just discovered this thread and I can't believe the stuff I've read so far, this thread is...so damn strange. Wow, just wow. Brb in 15 mins once I get over what I read on just the first page, this thread boggles the mind.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-05-13 at 08:10 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Here it is.

Thanks
    And I agree, that seems like a good idea All the ideas I had seemed too cluttery, maybe I'll add a flowing cloak as well for some drama, he likes his drama that Lich King fella.

I think its Ponibooru?

Its basically every pony picture you could want in one place.
    They have a bunch of pony meme pictures aswell, some are kinda funny.
    Like the Trollestia one
    http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/vi...rch=trollestia