Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Unhappy Impatient Jackasses in new RoZ Heroics Already?

Okay, so I join a RoZ random on my tank. And I warn them, I've never seen it before, and pointers are welcome.

After the first pack, the healer says "Stam gems are good". I reply that I'm not gemming or enchanting solely for stam, and it's a harder instance so he has to work harder, as do I. His moonkin friend says "GO!!!" So I pull, the healer whines at me for not moving from stuff fast enough. And starts calling me "bad". On the second pack. When I haven't done the damn instance before. The DPS continue to nuke 2 different targets and I struggle to hold both (moonkin on one, hunter and warr on the other). At the next pack, he doesn't heal me at all and I just drop group before I'm about to die.

I'm on the verge of quitting tanking or pugging altogether, it always seems to be me who gets these damn groups. People are so damn impatient or downtight rude, I just had to get it off my chest somewhere... What the hell is wrong with these people? Or am I really THAT bad... ? Every other instance I've been in lately there has been some idiot making negative comments about someone (not necessarily me). However the ones directed at me are really knocking any confidence I have left.

Here's my tank: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulon/anathera/

Friendly critique appreciated, please keep "lolz u suck" comments to yourself.

I'm nearing my wits end here. I love this game but it's depressing me that people are shitting on me even when I'm trying my hardest & being polite.
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2011-04-27 at 09:32 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put marks on mobs. If dps continue to nuke random staff, call them bad and kick them =P

Guild groups man. Pugs can be annoying at the best of times, just get a few friends to run them with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    I'm on the verge of quitting tanking or pugging altogether
    Don't stop tanking, just stop pugging. Me and 3 of my good friends all play tanks and we only tank within our guild or other friends on the server.

Problem is, I've many alts and a smallish guild : /

1. You are gemming too much stamina, they were correct in that case.
    2. Familiarizing yourself with the instance with either a guild or on the PTR should honestly be standard procedure before trying to pug it
    3. Did you actually mark a target to be DPS'd? Even the dumbest of damage dealers will follow a skull.
    4. We all get frustrated, its better to learn from it than cry on the forums. Odds are pretty good you could learn something when someone calls you bad, it takes a rare quality troll to truly be doing it for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Put then on your ignore list and leave, honestly. It's not worth carrying impolite twats.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Not every group is like this :P Anyway, I`ve not done the new HCs yet but will be going as DPS to see what they`re like

The world is bad, pugs are worse. Leave the bad ones to die, smile at threads about annoying elitist tanks, and you will get good groups in time. Bringing your own healer helps a lot.

You can easily improve your tanking by reforging hit/exp for avoidance stats, especially in a heroic. Also get the blacksmithing belt and T11 chest as soon as you can afford it. While that will help you should be able to tank the new dungeon and most normal mode bosses as you are. Gear cant protect you from idiots. Can't judge your playstyle though

Deleted
    I think this kind of thing is to be expected with the patch. At least I've been expecting it. People are greedy they want their acheivments/mounts and they want them NOW. All I can suggest is to run with your guild or some friends. It always helps even if the whole group isnt made of them, its nice to have a few buddys to bite the assholes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    2. Familiarizing yourself with the instance with either a guild or on the PTR should honestly be standard procedure before trying to pug it
    3. Did you actually mark a target to be DPS'd? Even the dumbest of damage dealers will follow a skull.
    4. We all get frustrated, its better to learn from it than cry on the forums. Odds are pretty good you could learn something when someone calls you bad, it takes a rare quality troll to truly be doing it for no reason.
    1) Okay, what should I go for instead, guessing stam/dodge or stam/mastery...?
    2) I'm sure not everyone plays PTR or has a guild. I have watched the videos, I'm smart and can adapt. Having no patience is just stupid.
    3) Yep, always.
    4) I'm saying this here because I need to get it off my chest somewhere, this isn't the first time this has happened. I've not had many actual problems, mainly whiners, and I do listen. These two guys were trolling me from the get-go and I'm sick of people like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Say what you will about not fully gemming pure stam, but looking at your gear you practically are. Seriously, ditch the stam gems. Using two 60stam gems to gain a 10str socket bonus? No, gem stam+mastery and pure mastery gems, you get better mitigation from mastery, and you will have all the stam you need from gear. Also, if you are having problems holding threat on two targets then mark one and say something. Don't expect people to just magically know that you want them to dps target A, most people can't follow "dps my target only" either because as a tank you should be tabbing through targets... that's why marking is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    Okay, so I join a RoZ random on my tank. And I warn them, I've never seen it before, and pointers are welcome.

After the first pack, the healer says "Stam gems are good". I reply that I'm not gemming or enchanting solely for stam, and it's a harder instance so he has to work harder, as do I. His moonkin friend says "GO!!!" So I pull, the healer whines at me for not moving from stuff fast enough. And starts calling me "bad". On the second pack. When I haven't done the damn instance before. The DPS continue to nuke 2 different targets and I struggle to hold both (moonkin on one, hunter and warr on the other). At the next pack, he doesn't heal me at all and I just drop group before I'm about to die.

I'm on the verge of quitting tanking or pugging altogether, it always seems to be me who gets these damn groups. People are so damn impatient or downtight rude, I just had to get it off my chest somewhere... What the hell is wrong with these people? Or am I really THAT bad... ? Every other instance I've been in lately there has been some idiot making negative comments about someone (not necessarily me). However the ones directed at me are really knocking any confidence I have left.

Here's my tank: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulon/anathera/

Friendly critique appreciated, please keep "lolz u suck" comments to yourself.

I'm nearing my wits end here. I love this game but it's depressing me that people are shitting on me even when I'm trying my hardest & being polite.
    Some Critique:

Don't gem pure Stam, gem Puissant Dream Emerald for blue sockets.

Fine Ember Topaz OR Keen Ember Topaz for red sockets, depending if you have threat issues or not.

Fractured Amberjewel for yellow sockets and prismatic.

Reforge as much hit, exp, or other stats( in your case, I see a lot more parry than dodge, so I would reforge some of that off too) into mastery, more blocks mean healers will love you. Try to keep Parry and dodge even. You don't need to worry about pure stam until you get near the combat table coverage max. Definately reforge your Throngus's Finger to mastery, it will give you a large chunk. You don't need the run speed enchant(becuase of PoJ), so change it to +mastery.

I don't see Eternal Glory being a very good talent anymore, you can probably spec out of it. Don't really need the Glyph of Divine Plea, but that is not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by gniwhtaed; 2011-04-27 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    What i was gonna say
    anyways, they WERE right about the stamina thing and you should gem for more Mastery, and reforge from hit and Expertise to Mastery (Mastery=moar block= AWESUMSAUCE!)

but the best is to just ignore rude comments, and if you really feel like it's the best thing to do, stop pugging

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Say what you will about not fully gemming pure stam, but looking at your gear you practically are. Seriously, ditch the stam gems. Using two 60stam gems to gain a 10str socket bonus? No, gem stam+mastery and pure mastery gems, you get better mitigation from mastery, and you will have all the stam you need from gear. Also, if you are having problems holding threat on two targets then mark one and say something. Don't expect people to just magically know that you want them to dps target A, most people can't follow "dps my target only" either because as a tank you should be tabbing through targets... that's why marking is good.
    Thank you for the gear tips. Also, I was marking one. And the Hunter marked the same one. I don't expect people to magically know. I just expect them not to be jerks. Perhaps that's too much. : /

Reforge Parry/Threat stats to mastery, gem mastery & Also mark a skull and a cross and you can't go wrong ;3

10+ Year Old Account
    Vio, wait for me! I will heal you when I get back from work. No problems then

All I can see that might need to be fixed with your gear is a cloak tinker and a bracer enchant. I'll let a Paladin look at your spec--I'm a Warrior, I don't have the Int to spare from remembering to breathe. Can't see your Hit on that page, only your Expertise--I know I read something about us not needing either due to Vengeance, but when you're in a PuG you need all the help you can get.

As for the idiots? Guild groups. Now that we've got Call to Arms, you're going to get a lot of people confident they can be jackasses to you, safe in the knowledge that you won't drop because you want your CtA prize--as well as a lot more undergeared and underprepared people queueing for the CtA role when it's not yours.

I generally had a good time with PuGs in Wrath, but that was mostly because I could fix a lot of the mistakes the idiots made. In Cataclysm, no such luck--it's like trying to reason with a brick. Hell, I've lost count of the number of Valour Points I've "wasted" not bothering with the Dungeon Finder since I got mostly geared.

tl;dr: Guild groups only. People are stupid, entitled and prone to blaming everyone but themselves.

Edit: derp. Didn't look at gems and enchants/reforging.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2011-04-27 at 09:48 AM.

I'll run with decent tanks anytime, even if they aren't trying to clear the instance at a break neck speed.
    Best group I had yet was a pug where I was the only random and they took stuff at a smooth pace and had no problems laughing when we were learning (as much as you can from watching a video) the fights, even when we got beat into the ground.

I actually enjoy these so far, yet haven't seen one caster drop I could use that didn't have spirit. Wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    Vio, wait for me! I will heal you when I get back from work. No problems then
    How did you find my thread