Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Seems like they caved in and backed down upon their word, then. Which begs the question...what was the point of removing the portals in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    The could do everything absolutely 100% perfect and people would whine about not having anything to whine about.

Reminds me of monologue Mr Smith had when Morpheus was captured in The Matrix. The machines created the perfect world for the human beings but our brains couldn't cope with it. Similarly if Blizzard created the perfect world (..of Warcraft) people still complain.

Deleted
    People aren't really complaining for the sake of whining, they're complaining about someone going back on their word - which in itself is a legitimate reason to raise an eyebrow in concern. Though sadly it seems people on both sides of the discussion would rather take the chance to snipe at people instead of agreeing to disagree with their views.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquessa View Post
    Seems to me like half the playerbase complain that changes aren't made and the other half complain when they are.
    Seems to me that some of the complainers are actually in both camps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Are you calclating on the metric system or the dewey decimal system?

78.7 would (roughly) be Newspapers in Scandinavia. Not sure what relevance that has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randgor View Post
    Seems like they caved in and backed down upon their word, then. Which begs the question...what was the point of removing the portals in the first place?
    Seeing as they ONLY added a portal to Orgrimmar/Stormwind and no where else WTF is the problem. How is someone going to shattrah interfering with you play experience. Seeing as they take blasted lands port and FLY to shatt if it's world pvp your balling about wouldn't of happened anyway.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    Fun fact: you can get a 1 time use veteran's heartstone to your faction capital, just by using that billboard thing. I used it for all my alts parked in Dalaran.

I'm very surprised that people who've leveled to 80 can't see a huge billboard with a quest marker on it....

You know this billboard was added around 2 weeks after cata launch right? Before that we used zepps or guild teleporters (mages)

Neither was a problem, it took like 5 minutes. Don't see the problem with them putting in a portal to Org, also don't see the point of this thread.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, portals are back.

They used a really lame excuse the justify their new existence though.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 10:46 AM ----------

People aren't really complaining for the sake of whining, they're complaining about someone going back on their word - which in itself is a legitimate reason to raise an eyebrow in concern.
    The community's legitimate cries are meaningless when we cry about everything. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I think the main reason they added portals is for people leveling up. I hated leveling alts that are in the 70-79~ range because if I needed to get to stormwind to test Training Dummies, or to meet people for crafting stuff, I always needed a mage or I had to fly to borean tundra

OMG - this entire thread needs one giant /facepalm

Blizzard first removed the portals in Shat and Dala because they wanted people to return to the main continents, and not use these two cities as hubs to get anywhere else they needed to go. Job done.

They've now restored one faction portal to each city for convenience. It does not in any way go back on their original intent. These cities have not become hubs once again, and the vast majority of people will remain on the main continents. It just makes travelling a bit easier between the expansions.

What's the problem, people?

Deleted
    I'd be happy to wait and extra minute if I can HS to Shatt and port further from there. My ingame home was and will always be Shatt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    they thought that was the reason why people quit lol, silly blizz, their intern B team is seriously bad.
    Oh, the irony in the combination of your statement and username... I love it!
    I lol'd, a lot xD

OT: I don't see why anybody cares? Really? Do you actually have time to do ANYTHING other than bitching about EVERYTHING Blizzard do or don't do?

Last edited by mmoc1e9e1a2368; 2011-04-28 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to staying in Dal again so I can get the Tourney Mounts on my alts without the travel hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    I hope never. The portals and unlimited use of high speed flying mounts is one of the many reasons the game world itself is nearly dead. I think I saw one other player while I was leveling my huntard earlier today..... In 4 hours.....
    I rather like how I never run into other people. Makes the world feel more epic and real, imo. It's like when I go off on a nature walk irl. . .hardly ever see people then, too.

Deleted
    People aren't really complaining for the sake of whining, they're complaining about someone going back on their word - which in itself is a legitimate reason to raise an eyebrow in concern. Though sadly it seems people on both sides of the discussion would rather take the chance to snipe at people instead of agreeing to disagree with their views.
    This. Not the first time they've gone back on their word though.

One of the reasons I quit too.. making things easier or handing out freebies out of the blue all the time.

Deleted
    I like it My favourite spot to do auctions is in Shattrath, but I still need to nip to SW to do dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    I hope never. The portals and unlimited use of high speed flying mounts is one of the many reasons the game world itself is nearly dead. I think I saw one other player while I was leveling my huntard earlier today..... In 4 hours.....
    I like people who level alts during the week day early morning saying if flying mounts weren't in the game, the questing zone would all of a sudden be bustling with players, because the game world is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    Yeah the excuse is just epic. About 90% of players were trying to figure out how the hell do they get out of Dala/Shatt since November and now they are experiencing a sudden urge to help those poor 10% that never logged since Cata launch
    lol this is me on 3-4 of my alts :P