Azeroth's two moons.

so with the embrace involved in the legendary staff lore. will we get to see the return of the blue child?

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm II: Avatar II: Return of the Blue Child.

Sorry, I'm lost. What?

I hope so. I don't understand why they pulled it from the game in the first place. Make Azeroth seem more earth like maybe? I don't know.

Blue Child is the second moon on azeroth. got removed before the bruning crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Sorry, I'm lost. What?
    Azeroth originally had 2 moons, in TBC it was removed. (i think cause of texture glitches or something)

Probably. It seemed like they were hinting at it.

Sorry, I'm lost. What?
    When WoW was first released, there were two moons visible at night in game. One called the White lady, the other called the Blue child. White lady is quite big and white. Blue child was smaller, and was blue. Wonder where they got the names from.

Anyway, for some reason or another the Blue Child was simply taken from the game. As far as i'm aware no real reason was given as to why they removed it. But if you read the lore on the front page, it details the two moons eclipsing each other, or something to that effect. Which is making people wonder if Blizzard will put the Blue Child back into the game.

Sorry, I'm lost. What?
    http://tinyurl.com/3uqnd92

Explination.

Ah, thanks for that. It'd be cool to see a blue moon in Azeroth, or to have it added to the lore. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, according to this WoWWiki article, "The Earthmother sent the Blue Child away to learn about the universe upon noticing the coming of the Burning Legion, explaining its disappearance prior to the Burning Crusade expansion. It will be a very long time before it returns." :I
    I REALLY do hope that Blue Child will be brought back. I've only had the briefest experience with it, me beginning WoW right before TBC came out, I remember seeing it and saying, "Holy sh**!! That's awesome!" I was a newb. hehe.
    I see that your profile picture on Facebook is a car....
    I didn't know that you were a Transformer..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please.

I think the real reason it got removed was because there was a huge glitch with the night sky movement or something.

The little lore bit is cute, but it's just explaining it away It would be cool to see the Blue Child come back though.
    I am your Blood Queen. You must submit.

Deleted
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Moon

There you have the answer on why the blue child dissapeared. Also, the bigger moon called The white lady are worshipped by nightelfs, in belief that it is Elune

It's been almost 4 years since it dissapeared, so it may very well be back soon. Atleast i hope so, it kinda gave some spice to the atmosphere at night

Quote Originally Posted by TehFurryWorgen View Post
    Actually, according to this WoWWiki article
    Just in case you haven't heard, check out http://www.wowpedia.org - most of the WoWWiki editors moved there.