Bane of Havoc silent nerf?

Was doing H omno and H ascendant council, and realized that BoH doesn't deal any dmg to inactive constructs or p1 elementals during p2. Not sure whether it still works for magmaw's exposed head though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this would be a bug fix not a silent nerf
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Since magmaw's head is technically always active being magmaw himself im sure bane of havoc will still work, but as far as im aware it never did dmg to inactive objects surely they'd be immune to damage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandir View Post
    Since magmaw's head is technically always active being magmaw himself im sure bane of havoc will still work, but as far as im aware it never did dmg to inactive objects surely they'd be immune to damage anyway.
    No it did, though I haven't tried since the patch but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    No it did, though I haven't tried since the patch but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed.
    Yeah. It used to help alot esp on H ascendant council where I could use BoH on p1 elementals during p2 to bring down the total hp of the monstrosity in p3.

I just checked it out, and I realized that it's not about BoH, but about the bosses themselves. I had Ignacious on focus at the end of p1 and when p2 started, all his debuffs were removed immediately. So I guess its the same for Omnotron, the constructs' debuffs would be removed as well.

I understand exactly why they would do that, it made bringing the mobs down to the required percentage easier for managing the Monstrosity Hp in P3. However, Feludius and Ignacious do remain active on my Unit Frames and they are visible atop of there individual balconies. It's an understandable fix but a strange one compared to Omnotron units shutting down and becoming inactive throughout the fight.

Are you absolutely sure? hang on I'm gonna check my logs.

For council they've always cleared their debuffs so you have to apply Havoc in that split second after they clear but before they go up

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 11:48 AM ----------

Nope, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/02gog...=10611&e=10969

constant bane damage, it doesn't hit the inactive one but I only ever had the spell on Arcanotron so it definitely worked the entire fight

Edit: Remove basic query > Paste button > past this [{"eventTypes": [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 50], "spellNames": ["Bane of Havoc"]}] > run
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2011-04-30 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Are you absolutely sure? hang on I'm gonna check my logs.

For council they've always cleared their debuffs so you have to apply Havoc in that split second after they clear but before they go up

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 11:48 AM ----------

Nope, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/02gog...=10611&e=10969

constant bane damage, it doesn't hit the inactive one but I only ever had the spell on Arcanotron so it definitely worked the entire fight

Edit: Remove basic query > Paste button > past this [{"eventTypes": [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 50], "spellNames": ["Bane of Havoc"]}] > run
    No? Until 4.1 I have watched my bane of havoc (which I applied at the start of the fight) sit on ignacious until phase 3. Ignacious often dropping below 19% on my unit frame.

They have definitely always cleared their debuffs for as long as I can remember

Has anyone checked to confirm or deny this?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    They have definitely always cleared their debuffs for as long as I can remember
    They've always cleared their debuffs, but Bane of Havoc continued to do damage anyway regardless of being cleared.

Really? Hm interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah that sounds more like a bug fix than a nerf =\

obvious bug fix is obvious guys...

Deleted
    Was doing H omno and H ascendant council, and realized that BoH doesn't deal any dmg to inactive constructs
    I'm quite certain that this has always been the case.

But then again, I've always put it on the previous construct every time a new one activates.

It doesn't damage the inactive one, but if you leave it on one of the inactive constructs it continues damaging the active ones as if it was on them without you having to switch it around.