The last Boss in ZG...

...has made me hate This Game, LFD and Pug Groups in ways i never thought could be possible. It has nothing to do with him being hard because he really is not. The sheer level of stupidity, blunt ignorance, complete lack of common sense and logic that seems to plague current pug groups has made this the most frustrating boss ever. And for some darn reason every time i queue up for random RoZ heroic it has been ZG. I have only joined a random ZA once since 4.1 came out... Is the boss really that hard and i am just being unfair?

Deleted
    Dont hate the game because of the players.
    All i can say to you really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Dont hate the game because of the players.
    All i can say to you really
    I think the WoW Forums would like to have a word with you.

That guy is a coordination check, which I think comes a little late in the run, but nonetheless, difficult to pug.

The boss is not hard. It's when all of the dps and the healer essentially get hit by every shadow ball that it becomes impossible.

The first phase is a joke. The second phase requires every member to place themselves in a proper location, since they can all be body slammed. Then it also requires them to avoid all the damage. It requires to tank to pick up adds and the dps to kill the adds. It requires dps to also kill the chains.

On paper, it's not too hard. But I'll be damned if a group can manage to execute properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    The boss is not hard. It's when all of the dps and the healer essentially get hit by every shadow ball that it becomes impossible.

The first phase is a joke. The second phase requires every member to place themselves in a proper location, since they can all be body slammed. Then it also requires them to avoid all the damage. It requires to tank to pick up adds and the dps to kill the adds. It requires dps to also kill the chains.

On paper, it's not too hard. But I'll be damned if a group can manage to execute properly.
    1 shotted it with 2 people new to the instance oh and no deaths

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually been thinking of opposite, I've had lots of really good pug groups with ZA/ZG heroics lately, especially ZA, had an amazingly fun run full pug group yesterday. ZG I still did fine pugging the last boss tbh...just unlucky?

Deleted
    Yeah its kinda annoying but the boss itself its not hard as OP says, but in PuGs its very very hard because of the retardness players can have.

Deleted
    Lol i one shotted that twice now with a pug group.

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    1 shotted it with 2 people new to the instance oh and no deaths
    It's not about being new. It takes a minute to explain the fight. It's about execution. You can tell someone how to do something until you're blue in the face, but ultimately the problem isn't that they don't know what to do, but they lack the coordination to do it.

I'm glad so many of you can "brag" about being lucky with LFD and getting people who can one shot it. But you won't always get so lucky. As a DPS, I can do all my job perfectly well, but if the rest of the group fails, it doesn't matter a bit how good I am, we will still wipe (well, I will vanish. I won't die for a bunch of people who insist on wiping).

It's not about being new. It takes a minute to explain the fight. It's about execution. You can tell someone how to do something until you're blue in the face, but ultimately the problem isn't that they don't know what to do, but they lack the coordination to do it.

I'm glad so many of you can "brag" about being lucky with LFD and getting people who can one shot it. But you won't always get so lucky. As a DPS, I can do all my job perfectly well, but if the rest of the group fails, it doesn't matter a bit how good I am, we will still wipe (well, I will vanish. I won't die for a bunch of people who insist on wiping).
    This
    As a warlock i dont SS anyone but myself on that fight anymore not because im an aSS ( yes thats a pun ) but because i dont feel like running back every time they dont do what the encounter calls for. Dont misunderstand me i dont ss myself at the beginning i just have a stone created and handy and if i feel like we are doin well i will gladly brez a fallen party member with it (hasnt happened yet) but if the group is , for a lack of better word, retarded then i pop it on myself last second. That way i can at-least mass-rez the rest of them after we wipe. as far as the fight explanation i have downloaded an notepad addon and created a separate page with detailed explanation for every boss in 4.1 that was i can just open it and post strategy to party chat with one click. I just got really sick of having to retype over and over again what to do for every single boss. I just dont know how i can be so unlucky. My main has the same issue with ZG although he is a bit more lucky when it comes to ZA and i have gotten some decent groups in that instance

10+ Year Old Account

Had this mage in the group who i told to "STAND ON ME" over 10 times while he continued to dps the berserker and stop us getting anywhere..
    Yeah pugs are win.

Quote Originally Posted by themiller View Post
    Had this mage in the group who i told to "STAND ON ME" over 10 times while he continued to dps the berserker and stop us getting anywhere..
    Yeah pugs are win.
    Exactly. This is why it's so lame that people say "lol i pugged it first shot" as if it's some accomplishment. It's not. Luck is not a result of anything you did.

Deleted
    It's fine. I don't get whats wrong with having some 5mans that cause you to wipe once in awhile. I was pretty disappointed that I could pug these on first day and only hard part was to have instance server not crashing every 15mins, even did bear run in lfd and only thing you need is about 15k overall DPS + 10k dps from tank and you will have plenty of time left.

Sure you will get some/lot of bad players from LFD, but you can either try teach them what they do wrong or organize your own runs/do it with guild.

Here is addon that will make your lfd runs lot smoother http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...bossmods1.aspx some of these tactics are pretty long/bad on default right now, but in that addon you can make custom tactics for bosses. Keep it short and keep it simple like bear boss "Boss will charge farthest player and leave debuff on him, so move closer to boss when you get it." so that even players with short attention span (nearly all in LFD) will read it. You can also link spell tooltips with that addon which help players to understand various boss mechanics.