Thread: is it viable?

Deleted

is it viable?

is it viable for me to switch from resto/blance to resto/feral tank as feral tank can also melee dps if they must. and as i have 4k JP so i can buy full feral JP set and got the cash to enchant/gem.

im asking this as bala/resto share gear where as resto/feral dont

Deleted
    4k Jp will get you about 2 pieces of gear Is it viable? Well if you can get full melee gear yes it is. Is it suggested? Not really. This tier melee is really weak.

Deleted
    well i can get the full set easy and i wanted to see what people think as i have also built up some VP to spend.

I say like this, do what you want! Respecc to what you feel is the most fun to play. In case you are respeccing just to get the "goodie" bad from randoms do that aswell if you think that is what you are looking for.

Main point do what you think would be the most fun to play

Why would it not be viable? Sure, the gear for resto and feral is completely different, but the only thing that means is that you'll have to sacrifice more bag space to haul the other set around.

I am Resto / Feral Tank.

Feral DPS in tank spec and gear isn't amazing, over a prolonged fight i can get about 8-10k if i get very lucky with trinket procs. But i usually get about the same in bear form anyway...

And having 4k of justice points will not get you a full set of Feral pieces, at most you could get a ring, head and thats about it... Each piece costs about 2200 and below. For me at least, Resto was much easier to gear up for. Just carry on running the new ones as a healer and need on the feral gear, you'll soon be there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Why would it not be viable? Sure, the gear for resto and feral is completely different, but the only thing that means is that you'll have to sacrifice more bag space to haul the other set around.
    This. What exactly are you asking? If you have a full set of gear is a spec viable to play? Well...yeah, that goes for any spec.

Run the new ZA/ZG and pick up the 353 agility leather pieces. They aren't bad for cat or bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    no its not, a bear cant do melee dps, atleast a bear his melee dps is realy low as in < 10K
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

My recount says different.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    no its not, a bear cant do melee dps, atleast a bear his melee dps is realy low as in < 10K
    One of our main tanks is a bear, and on single-tank fights he still manages to pull at least 15k in kitty.

Edit: His off-spec is resto, as well, so it's not like he's switching to a kitty spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    One of our main tanks is a bear, and on single-tank fights he still manages to pull at least 15k in kitty.

Edit: His off-spec is resto, as well, so it's not like he's switching to a kitty spec.
    yes in catform but that is still 5K to low, i was talking abotu bearform btw
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    Hi there
    Most likely, your bear has a hybrid spec - I have that myself and love it!
    In 1-Tank fights I put on my cat-equip (mostly recycled (regemmed, -enchanted, -forged Bear-things).
    In many other fights one gets the chance to switch to cat when the other tank takes over. Or like Magmaw, after he spits me out I switch to cat and DPS. It is amazing! Especially with 4pT11.

At Braggo1994
    I suggest you read on "theincbear" (link...) about hybrid spec. Also, while you pick up gear, one time you get a better Item (Say, you mainly tank), and get new Shoes (yeah cliché): Reforge, Gem, enchant them for tanking. The old shoes will also do nicely for cat after Reforging, Gemming, Enchanting. (of course it won't be perfect, but it really is viable)

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yes in catform but that is still 5K to low, i was talking abotu bearform btw
    Ah...well why would anyone dps in bear form? Haha

If you can get one set of gear for feral, and you gem/enchant it for tanking, it will be VIABLE, yes, but it will no be OPTIMAL.

Main question is what is your guild short of right now. Low on tanks with a ton of back up healers. If not balance would be the easiest route to go. If you raid is stable and dont think you will be tanking or dpsing at all then pick what ever you feel like trying out.