Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Me and my husband 2-man this with two different set-ups, no luck yet though.

1:st set-up: my prot pala and his druid (boomkin specced for the run). He get the mount if it drops
    After weapons are defeated my pala picks up the Cosmic infuser and the Bulwark - hello self heal that gives fire resistance.
    Husband picks up the Staff ofc

2:nd set-up: His blood dk and my shadowpriest. I get the mount if it drops.
    I just pick up the staff.

So if you are a tank or caster (with healing) that want to try it out here is how we did it.
    This vid gave us some idea of where to kill off the advisors, but we adjusted it a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwzMEvbc1I

1st (slowpoke) at entrance - be aware that he indeed can knock you out of the instance, so back against the wall.
    2nd (the one that fears)at entrance by the tank while the caster runs towards the doorway to Kael's room.
    3rd (warlock) doorway to Kael's room, and yes she's annoying when casting conflagation.
    4th (engineer) a bit down the ramp where warlock was killed off.

Weapons are killed close to warlock, staff equpped. (and pala equip shield and cosmic infuser, helps a lot in p3)

Caster goes for warlock and tank the engineer. Stay close enough of eachother so you both get the buff from the staff.

Advisor that fears is next, and last the slowpoke.

The next phase is a bit tricky, due to positiong Kael. If you look at 03:40 at the vid I linked you will see the doorway/hall leading towards Kaels' room. LoS at each side (red crystal pillar). Tank run in when he's passed the first doorway (the one with the closing beams), but not so far that the buff from the staff falls off. Interrupt fireballs, and try to stand in the other doorway (boss still LoS of the other player) so if needed the boomkin/shadowpriest can heal you.
    Tank should move in (towards boss) when the big red circles appear.
    The healing is also great to take aggro on the Phoenixes that spawn. The tank should only kill phoenix if tanks back is against the wall to the left in (hallway where Kael is standing). The phoenix does do a knockback when it dies, and being shot down almos the entire ramp is NOT fun. Eggs ofc needs to be killed.

If caster want's to help dps Kael, do it after he shout the mc emotes ("Bow to my will" and "obey me" if I rememer it correctly). Just remember to move back after about 10-15 seconds.

Last phase begins when Kael reaches 50 % health.
    After first gravity pull, swim out towards the ramp and cast spells /ranged abilities on him. This is to minimize the damage from nether beams. When gravity pull phase is over, tank run in and interupt as many fireballs as possible. Ranged should take care of whatever phoenix spawn.

Rince and repeat until Kael is dead, and good luck on drop.

Deleted
    Got it yesterday,3 manned it and i won the roll with 23. Was like my 3th run. ^^

Me (sp) and my rlfriend (protpally) decided to try this one out earlier today, everything went smooth after 2 tries (when we finally understood wtf was going on) but during the last phase my friend suddenly died by something, (think Kael had bout 800k hp left or so), but I managed to kill him solo without problems, so im just curious how come he died?
    Last edited by j0ik; 2012-01-12 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ik View Post
    Me (sp) and my rlfriend (protpally) decided to try this one out earlier today, everything went smooth after 2 tries (when we finally understood wtf was going on) but during the last phase my friend suddenly died by something, (think Kael had bout 800k hp left or somethin, so I thought jeez now its over, but I managed to kill him solo without any problems, im just curious how come he died?
    It was probably Nether Vortex, the shadow-looking orbs and lightining around him that causes a stacking debuff that lowers HP, so between the rather lowered HP and the nether beam dmg, he died, since he was melee. If you were out of range of the nether orbs, being an SP, you would not have been affected. If you just wait out the nether vortex stage, he will go back to summoning phoenix and casting Pyro, which is much safer for melee, since Pyro can be interrupted.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticflame View Post
    It was probably Nether Vortex, the shadow-looking orbs and lightining around him that causes a stacking debuff that lowers HP, so between the rather lowered HP and the nether beam dmg, he died, since he was melee. If you were out of range of the nether orbs, being an SP, you would not have been affected. If you just wait out the nether vortex stage, he will go back to summoning phoenix and casting Pyro, which is much safer for melee, since Pyro can be interrupted.
    Ah, I see thanks!

Got ashes yesterday (4th run if I recall correctly)

Deleted
    Starting solo'ing it recently as a warlock, and I frapsed the kill I did of it the other day, might be educational to some others trying to solo it.
    http://youtu.be/IG6d1EX1Ygg?hd=1

I solo it as prot with ~398 ret gear. Prot heals for insane amounts with WoG/Seal of Light with ret gear on. I can interrupt most fireballs/pyros and actually found it easier to do as prot with ret gear than with ret with selfless healer. Took me like 2 hours to figure out how to solo it (was taking the council etc. out the wrong way, LoL!!!), 3 hours the next week (perfecting the strat) and around 45 minutes or so last week, one shot it.

I normally only use str. or stam. flask and str. food. I have now picked up some fort scrolls and hopefully can find some kings drums just to make the kills quicker.

I gotta bubble/wings the disorient for capernian and with good luck she is dead at the end. I might get a crit pvp trinket for soloing just so I can save bubble for other stuff.

TL;DR some challenging solo content but very rewarding if you get the mount. 3 solo kills so far.

i just started soloing TK... is it an exploit by taking kael'thas outta the room? been wondering.

also im a blood dk

Hmm... have any boomkin tried soloing Kael?
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Tried killing it with fury specc last night (bloodcraze, second wind, 2x souldrinker) but couldn't kill second capernian in time even with a staff equipped. Duo-ing it with a shaman (dps+resto) for a while, over 60 kills in total and haven't seen a drop yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastos88 View Post
    i just started soloing TK... is it an exploit by taking kael'thas outta the room? been wondering.

also im a blood dk
    I kept dying when i tried that tactic on my blood DK. For some strange reason i found it easier doing it all in his room.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a rogue, you can solo it. You just need above average gear and some wits, there's even a video showing the proper tactic for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    As an SP i'm counting 22 solo kills so far with no luck :S
    I'm an SP counting 50 with 25 solo kills and no luck ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    I'm an SP counting 50 with 25 solo kills and no luck ;(
    DK @ 55 kills, about 50 of them solo have yet to see the mount.

Got the blue stone drake from Stonecore yesterday though after about 150 solo kills

Warlock with 0 kills.

dudes im having the biggest issue killing this guy with 4 people let alone 2... me arms warr bro- enh shamm friend1- resto sham friend3- prot pally. we get to kaels phase simple enough and the resto equips the staff so we dont get ccd and the enh sham equips the dagger to break mcs but it ends up 3 of us get mced and one doesnt. are we missing a mechanic of the fight and is there anything we should be doing differently?

Friend and I have been duoing it for a few weeks now. He plays a 378-geared disc/holy priest (doesn't really matter which, just whichever he feels like healing with), I'm a 390-geared enhance shaman.

The way we do it is fairly easy. Kill advisers one by one, then AOE the weapons. I pick up a dagger, he picks up and uses the staff so the advisers don't wreak so much havoc. I pop wolves, then down Capernian first, then Telonicus, then Sanguinar, then Thaladred. When Kael starts, attack him like normal. When the priest gets MC'd, I swap to dagger, hit him with a Stormstrike, then he's better again. I kill the phoenix so it doesn't mess with us. In the last phase, Kael's hitbox is massive enough to allow melee to stand away a bit. Avoid the dark clouds surrounding him, lust and burn.

No mount yet, but we're still trying!

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    dudes im having the biggest issue killing this guy with 4 people let alone 2... me arms warr bro- enh shamm friend1- resto sham friend3- prot pally. we get to kaels phase simple enough and the resto equips the staff so we dont get ccd and the enh sham equips the dagger to break mcs but it ends up 3 of us get mced and one doesnt. are we missing a mechanic of the fight and is there anything we should be doing differently?
    I'm not sure how many targets Kael MCs, but if he does three at once, you're gonna get owned before anyone can break. A Wowhead comment says he does two, and that's what wrecks you. He'll MC anyone who's not tanking it. My advice would be to split your group of four into two groups of two, as one MC is easier to dispel than two or three. Barring that, everyone should pick up a dagger, swap to it, then attack anyone MC'd before you get wiped. The only issue would be that your prot paladin can't wield daggers, so if everyone else got MC'd, you'd be owned anyway.

It'd probably be easier to split into groups of two though.
    Last edited by Dblbaconator; 2012-01-18 at 04:37 PM.

ok i see how that works out. but yea ur right dblbaconator it sucks the pally can use the dagger to break MC. well give that a go next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sacrifice fourteen immaculately conceived virgins, bath in their blood under a full moon, and eat the heart of a manticore on the 13th Full Moon of the twenty-third lunar cycle.

This will increase your chance of getting the mount by 1%, really the only option you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.