Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

(Resto Druid) T12 Bonus

Assuming this post doesn't disappear, I'll try to keep it updated with known information about the T12 druid gear/set bonuses.

* Restoration 2 Pieces - Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
    * Restoration 4 Pieces - When your Lifebloom blooms, it instantly heals up to 2 nearby injured targets for the same amount.

As for the 2 set bonus:
    1. For a druid, base mana is 18635.
    • Anyone wishing to know the base mana for other classes should see this post.
    2. 1% of base mana = 186.35.
    3. Assuming LB ticks once every second, it has a chance of granting 372.7 mp5.
    • [40% (chance to proc)] * [186.5 (1% of base mana)] * [5 seconds] = 372.7 mp5.
    • This value will increase with haste since LB ticks faster with haste.

A common theme with all of the healer 2 set bonuses is that they will provide similar amounts of regen (although each class has a different base-mana value, and druids are the lowest of all of the healers).
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-05-05 at 07:00 AM.

Original Post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...88724#new-post
    Direct Link from Wowhead: http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=T12

Links for the bonus. They are yet to be confirmed by patch notes or blues.

They seem legit however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    and druids are the lowest of all of the healers.
    =(

I don't really understand Blizz. They know these numbers. They know as much as we do on how much mana the talents will return. Why do they even release info/sets on the ptr unbalanced.

The 4 piece doesn't make sense either. Force people to let their main 'passive' ability to bloom wasting 3 GCDs and mana while all other classes do not have to change their healing at all besides shamans who don't use CH. Even then, it's just going to push CH over a few direct heals without really hitting their mana.

I don't like the four piece, as powerful as it might be at times. It will actively prevent (if you want to use the bonus) you casting quick, large, or even normal heals on the tank. It seems more like something that's good for accidents where it drops off and there's nothing you can do about it.

This will make ToL an even more awesome regen CD. With LB ticking on 5+ targets, this will give us a very decent amount of mana. The 4p bonus also fits nicely with ToL, which is then a ton more of AoE healing.

However, I'm not sure about the 4p bonus otherwise. I'ts going to be situational, at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those will be incredible powerfull while you are in Tree of Life though. Except for that, well, I think that the Lifebloom tripple bloom might be for more of "oh shit" situations. Getting three 40k+ heals of in one second is quite handy.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    I don't like the 4p much, it's quite counter intuitive to let LB bloom. On the other hand, it's an insane buff to Tree of Life.

The 2p seems really, really bad compared to the other healers' (for example the shaman one, which is the same thing, only much better), but I guess it's only a question of tweaking the %. ptr is ptr.

The 4pc if you are raid healing would be nice, as you can afford to allow the hot to bloom to its full duration (situational ofc) but tank healing its going to be little to no benefit really, how often its the bloom allowed to run its course? TOL ofc is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I don't like the four piece, as powerful as it might be at times. It will actively prevent (if you want to use the bonus) you casting quick, large, or even normal heals on the tank. It seems more like something that's good for accidents where it drops off and there's nothing you can do about it.
    It will make group healing with Tree of Life' Lifebloom very effective. It's always better then a lame flat increase to a spells critical strike chance. It's an improvement.

As a point of comparison, if we were a:
    • Priest, our regen from this bonus would be 412 mp5.
    • Shaman, our regen from this bonus would be 468 mp5.
    • Paladin, our regen from this bonus would be 468 mp5.

Those values assume we had the base mana value of the given class but were using the Resto Druid 2 piece bonus (with no haste).

However, unlike a Priest, whose regen from their current 2 piece bonus will be a static 412 mp5 (no matter what their stats are), the druid 2 piece set benefits from haste, so we can potentially pass them. Shamans will also benefit from haste, so their regen could easily be higher than ours by a good margin. Paladins, I suspect will also receive a decent benefit from this, but their regen will be inconsistent.

Also note that unless Blizzard takes steps to prevent this, the regen we get while in Tree of Life (spamming LB) will increase by A LOT.

I don't know the math behind it, but are you sure the druid 2-piece can surpass the priest one?

Holy/Discipline 2 Pieces - Your Flash Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 sec for 15 sec.

Priest is guaranteed (no chance) to happen, and lasts 15seconds. Druid has a chance to proc on a heal and give a oneshot mana return. In theory, you could be on the wrong end of RNG and benefit less than a priest? Again, I don't dive into the math here, just speculating

i hate them both the 4p is completely worthless because even if you want to plan to use it you have to wait 10 sec to let LB bloom and during that time you cant heal the tank... its its never going to be used unless you get stunned or w/e and your stacks fall by mistake then its just a free oh cool extra healing when you mess up.

the 2p bonus is going to turn ToL into a REGEN CD because instead of spaming real heals your gonna have to spam single LB's on 10 ppl so you can get mana back. which is fine its going to be crazy op if it goes threw.. with the haste raid druids will have LB will tick 14 times during ToL so that 372 mp5 in the OPs math is more like 500 mp5 x 10 during ToL or in non math terms a metric assload of mana.

Unless there's a very low chance involved (which is not the case here) you really have no reason to worry about bad rng.

If you flip a coin 10 times, there's a semi-decent chance all 10 flips could be heads. If you flip a coin 1000 times, it's almost impossible that 1000 of those are heads. In reality, the actual number of heads will be very close to 500 (maybe it will be 430, maybe 650). When an event has a certain percent chance to occur, the more times that event occurs, the closer the that percent the actual results will inevitably be. Your lifebloom will tick hundreds of times in any given fight, and so your overall regen from the t12 2 set bonus will very likely always be close to the predicted value.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senicide View Post
    the 2p bonus is going to turn ToL into a REGEN CD because instead of spaming real heals your gonna have to spam single LB's on 10 ppl so you can get mana back. which is fine its going to be crazy op if it goes threw.. with the haste raid druids will have LB will tick 14 times during ToL so that 372 mp5 in the OPs math is more like 500 mp5 x 10 during ToL or in non math terms a metric assload of mana.
    Combined with the 4 piece bonus, your burst healing in ToL will be HUGE. LB will be far better than almost any other spell during ToL if you have the full set.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-05-05 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    4p looks crap so far, will have to see what Blizz does with it. They might tweak the 2p as well.

My question is though, will it be better than keeping 4p t11.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    The 4 piece doesn't make sense either. Force people to let their main 'passive' ability to bloom wasting 3 GCDs and mana
    I wouldn't be so sure. The bloom on LB is roughly a Healing Touch. 3 LBs is roughly 3.5k mana. Healing Touch is ~5k for one. By letting it bloom you are actually saving 10k mana. As for cast times, 3 LBs takes about 3 seconds to put up. 2 Healing Touches would take ~4.5 to 5 seconds to cast. This isn't even counting the actual Bloom of the LB... just the extra ones from the bonus. You also have more control with the GCDs of lifebloom because you aren't required to cast them right away. You can LB -> Deal with someone about to die -> continue to stack LB, where as with a cast you have to interrupt it or wait.

This all assuming that the raid isn't all topped off and people actually need the heals, and that the range on the bonus is the same as Lifebloom, which is a huge assumption.

I would consider this a nice set bonus for raid healing. Now, if your tank healing it may be a different story since you would be refreshing LB with Nourish/etc.. One option would be to keep LB rolling on the OT and let it bloom on him, but I don't know how practical that would be.

Tbh, I'd like to see LB usable on multiple people but have a maximum of 3 applications out at once. So you could have 3 people with 1 stack, one person with 2 and another with 1, or one person with 3... (I can dream can't I!?)
    Last edited by axio; 2011-05-05 at 10:58 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I read / understood the proposed 4pc resto bonus -- Lifebloom being allowed to bloom and offering a 'smart heal' to 2 other injured targets is awesome. No place does it say that the original lifebloom has to be not be an overheal for the other 2 heals to work. So basically, whether the 1st LB blooms and heals the tank or whoever, or not.. won't really matter. As long as there are 2 other folks taking dmg, the heal isnt wasted. Would it be optimal for the original LB to also heal its target.. of course, but it doesnt make the set bonus worthless if it doesnt. And agreed, TOL w/the setbonus will be lovely indeed! Can't wait to try it out on PTR and get some numbers going for my own research.

Assuming this post doesn't disappear, I'll try to keep it updated with known information about the T12 druid gear/set bonuses.

* Restoration 2 Pieces - Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
    * Restoration 4 Pieces - When your Lifebloom blooms, it instantly heals up to 2 nearby injured targets for the same amount.

As for the 2 set bonus:
    1. For a druid, base mana is 18635.
    • Anyone wishing to know the base mana for other classes should see this post.
    2. 1% of base mana = 186.35.
    3. Assuming LB ticks once every second, it has a chance of granting 372.7 mp5.
    • [40% (chance to proc)] * [186.5 (1% of base mana)] * [5 seconds] = 372.7 mp5.
    • This value will increase with haste since LB ticks faster with haste.

A common theme with all of the healer 2 set bonuses is that they will provide similar amounts of regen (although each class has a different base-mana value, and druids are the lowest of all of the healers).
    druids have least? hmm played druid all these years and never knew lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Those will be incredible powerfull while you are in Tree of Life though. Except for that, well, I think that the Lifebloom tripple bloom might be for more of "oh shit" situations. Getting three 40k+ heals of in one second is quite handy.
    The problem with that is that we have to foresee that "oh shit" situation 9 seconds ahead of time for us to even take advantage of the 4pc. And even if it is closer to a second or two, instead of hard casting any heal, we have to either hope our HoTs will get them sustainable or that the others healers can bring them up while we just sit on our hands waiting for the bloom to happen.

Also, how close is "nearby"? 5 yards? 10 yards? 40 yards? If you're running 10 mans, the bloom could be quite underwhelming if the range isn't very big. Using a current tier example to illustrate this: Maloriak. If you LB up your Maloriak tank, unless you are running with 2 melee players + 2 tanks, and the range on the 4pc is ~10 yards, you won't be healing three targets. I can see it being pretty acceptable in 25 mans, but slightly less practical in 10 mans where your group isn't stacked on the tank. The ToL uses will be glorious, but for the time you aren't in ToL, it seems kind of 'meh' for 10 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by ur_hbk View Post
    druids have least? hmm played druid all these years and never knew lol.
    An explanation of how Base Mana works:
    Each time you level, you gain some amount of mana and health in addition to a small amount Int/Str/Agi/etc. Your "base mana" is the sum of all of that mana that you gain while leveling. In other words, your base mana is the amount of mana you'd have if you had 0 int. Even though it's impossible to have 0 int (taking off all of your gear will still leave you with some Int, which is the int you gained while leveling), it doesn't change the fact that this is how base mana is calculated.

With that in mind, druids gain less mana per level than all other healers. In fact, the only mana-using class that gains less base mana than druids are mages. Whereas shamans and paladins gain the most.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-05-05 at 09:25 AM.

As a point of comparison, if we were a:
    • Priest, our regen from this bonus would be 412 mp5.
    • Shaman, our regen from this bonus would be 468 mp5.
    • Paladin, our regen from this bonus would be 468 mp5.

Those values assume we had the base mana value of the given class but were using the Resto Druid 2 piece bonus (with no haste).

However, unlike a Priest, whose regen from their current 2 piece bonus will be a static 412 mp5 (no matter what their stats are), the druid 2 piece set benefits from haste, so we can potentially pass them. Shamans will also benefit from haste, so their regen could easily be higher than ours by a good margin. Paladins, I suspect will also receive a decent benefit from this, but their regen will be inconsistent.

Also note that unless Blizzard takes steps to prevent this, the regen we get while in Tree of Life (spamming LB) will increase by A LOT.
    The primary difference is that druids tend to be the most mana efficient healer (in terms of HPM). Druids have the lowest mana regeneration capability out of all healers; as a result, our heals are incredibly efficient when used correctly. Knowing this, Blizzard most likely made the 2pc regenerate slightly less mana to compensate. In context, paladins tend to have ~5k mp5 total where as shamans and priests have ~4k; druids have a mere 3k mp5.