Poll: Are Cataclysm heroics in 4.1 now easier than Wrat h heroics?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are Cataclysm Heroics now easier than the ones in Wrath?

So, the Cata heroics have been nerfed again in 4.1, more people are getting to know the tactics and are starting to gear up in epics or atleast high quality blues. There's the 15% damage and healing buff for pugs. All that stuff. So I just wonder if people think they've gotten to the point where Wrath heroics were the same or harder?
    Remember that this is fairly early in the expansion where people don't have a lot of raid gear still. Don't compare it to the Wrath heroics of 4.2 and 4.3 where it was almost impossible *not* to have full epic gear going in. Try and think of the times of Naxx and Ulduar, where you'd have 5 man gear and a few Naxx epics in most of your pugs.

Its been a long while ago, but I vaguely remember that people considered Oculus, Ahn'Kahet and Halls of Lightning to be frustrating enough to not bother going. What do you think?

Over-geared content is over-geared, not easy. It's not hard to understand.

I think you're a crappy troll.

Infracted. Do not reply to a thread to call someone a troll. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-05-05 at 07:36 PM.

I don't recall people hating on Halls of Lightning unless it was for the Timear Forsees daily quest to kill the vrykul. I do remember people groaning about Halls of Stone because of the Brann event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I don't recall people hating on Halls of Lightning unless it was for the Timear Forsees daily quest to kill the vrykul. I do remember people groaning about Halls of Stone because of the Brann event.
    I do remember people hating all of the Halls of... but that's only because they sucked ass (imo).
    As PetersenIII said: Over-geared content is over-geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been a long while ago, but I vaguely remember that people considered Oculus, Ahn'Kahet and Halls of Lightning to be frustrating enough to not bother going. What do you think?
    Oculus just was frustrating because the drake mechanics and drake adds aggroing from all the way from the other side of map. It had slighly more trash than other heroics and 2 of the bosses had mechanics that were really confusing at first. On top of people not knowing the place and what to do, which blizzard helped a bit by making the random finder and the extra bag of goodies.
    AhnKahet was always easy, you only need to eat one shadow blast in the face to realize it did a crapload of damage (80% of max health), so chain pulling it could be dangerous, only boss with any difficult was the last because some classes could get overwhelmed by those shadow clones and take too long to kill them.
    And halls of lightning....Seriously? Any boss with the minimum of challenge was the last when the healer was weak and couldnt keep himself alive for tunnel visioning on healing the tank and dps (happened more often than not).

Very few heroic bosses actually posed ANY challenge at all during 3.0 and 3.1, it was more annoyances than risk of wiping.

You can still wipe on plenty of cata heroics, and not that weird to see it happen, specially on pugs.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    so you've pretty conclusively been proved wrong yeah?

Deleted
    Cataclysm is still harder, just because you can outgear it doesn't mean it is easy right away. They should got more achievements in the game that require you to beat certain bosses with a certain iLevel, like the Algalon/ToTC ones!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember chain pulling and aoe'ing everything in 3.0, not waiting until 3.2 to do so - at that point, you simply could do it to 3 packs at once, instead of just 1. You "overgeared" WotLK 5 mans in blues, not in raid epics like now.

They are about the same level now, don't forget people were still crying that Wrath heroics were too easy while they were wearing full T10.5 gear... at Cata we're still at the beginning, and its already easy, and it WILL get easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    That's a correct memory, but you're confusing "frustrating" with "hard." Neither of those places with difficult, they were just long and obnoxious.

Wrath heroics were definitely harder before we overgeared them, but they will still far easier than Burning Crusade heroics had been, and far easier than Cataclysm heroics are now.

Of all of them, HoR is the only one I remember ever using CC in. When you did use CC, it was because a tank had trouble holding aggro on everything, not because he risked dying. Even very early on, the dungeons were cleared by AoEing each pack. Many boss mechanics could be ignored and brute forced and environmental damage could often be healed through. It wouldn't necessarily be pretty if you weren't overgeared, but you could do it. Now, you can't do that; you still have to have some semblance of strategy.

Of course Cataclysm heroics will get easier as time passes and our gear improves (and as nerfs are implemented) but by design, they're no where near as easy as Wrath's were.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They are about the same level now, don't forget people were still crying that Wrath heroics were too easy while they were wearing full T10.5 gear... at Cata we're still at the beginning, and its already easy, and it WILL get easier
    I was crying that wrath heroics were too easy in full t6 gear a week after wrath launched. I fail to see how Cata heroics could possibly, in any way be easier than wrath.

Not until I can heal the tank every 2 minutes, put him on /follow and alt tab, post on threads on mmo champ and then tab back and the tanks still at 50%+ hp.

So no, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Not until I can heal the tank every 2 minutes, put him on /follow and alt tab, post on threads on mmo champ and then tab back and the tanks still at 50%+ hp.

So no, not yet.
    Am I to understand that you just killed a tank by posting here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Cata heroics still a bit harder than Wrath heroics, in my opinion.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post

So no, not yet.
    ^This... during Wrath I can recall many times starting a cast for Chain Heal and tabbing out to pick a site. Tabbing back in to start another and so on. Cata heroics are much easier nowadays but like it's been stated, it's due to people gearing up and learning the fights.

Mind you... CTA brought on a whole new "wave" of tough heroics with poorly geared tanks and healers.
    As a healer, if I have more health than the tank I tend to worry.

10+ Year Old Account

So no, not yet.
    Roll a shaman, you could earthshield and go /follow the entire run.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Still significantly harder.

I played like crap on my hunter back in Wrath, and didn't realize it because they were so easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I could make a long post explaining how I feel.

But instead, I'll address the OP with a simple 3 words.

LOL

go into a heroic in a group that has an average ilvl of 329 and tell me it's easy.