Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    This thread was pretty buried, but I brought it back to life!

I think the Electric Shock MV is great, but I would have prefered it if they went with "Jet" or "Beautiful Stranger" as their title song.
    oh i love JET! It was such a better performance on yesterdays M!countdown than electric shock, but we shall see which one they perform live better, since M!CD are goobers about people singing live. The album is better than the boys though... I really didn't like that album of SNSD, my favourite era was RDR anyway <3

Deleted
    I agree, it definitely wasn't their best album. Time Machine (The Boys Jap. repackage) is one of my favourite songs from them though, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much
    Yeah I love Time Machine, and their MV for it was pretty gorgeous too. I didn't like TaeTiSeo as much, but i don't know if that's because i was upset there was no HyoYulSun or YulSunSoo XD, i am too biased for Yuri to pay much attention when she's not there. *BAD SONE, BAD* haha. Saying that though, my warrior is called Seohyun and and i ended up in HoT hc's for ages with a few other people, geeking about SNSD and scaring off the new people who joined 8D.

Seeing SNSD live was what made me like them though. Before that i used to just think theyw ere a bunch of bimbos with no passion.. still, SHINee was better and TVXQ was just the best hahaha. /biased

how about the wonder girl's new song? I've never been a huge fan of them, but I quite 'like this'... *so not punny*.

Deleted

cant find anything better than this, so additcive.
    also the girls are mighty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckerella View Post
    I don't like big bang.. or 2ne1 for that matter. i feel like i'm the only person who doesn't... the Mv for FB is great though.... HAI DAESUNG. U HAVE NO SHIRT. But i still can't get into them.

There is a poster in the london UG for BoA's new movie which has Yunho in it too :3 I'm excited, i hope we get it here. Haha.

i'd post the video but post count too low... SISTAR's 'Alone' is top of my playlist atm!

Edit:

No i listen to predominately boy groups, mostly because TVXQ are my eternal bias, u-KISS are awesome and i'm a girl but, i corrupted my GM into becoming obsessed with SHINee, and he eternally hates me for it :3

Aah, DBSK Love Jaejoong! Too bad what happened I'm personally not into 2ne1 either, but I like Big Bang (come on, daesung!! NAKED! Almost. Chained to a wall! I do NOT have a picture of that as my desktop background... not at all...) and SHINee. In genereal I think koreans are better at making pop, compared to Japan with JE and all that, even though I'm a huge fan of Akanishi Jin and seen KAT-TUN live. I haven't fallen for U-kiss though.

I almost did the same. I corrupted the entire guild with SNSD's Gee xD Dance version, of course!

Not at all, I love boy groups (SHINee is my #1)
    Love SHINee, love sherlock, even though taemin looks weird. My favourite is probably Lucifer or Ring Ding Dong.

And a classic <3

10+ Year Old Account
    SNSD is great, but there are better ones!
    I can't believe you just said that :<
    Although thanks for bringing this thread alive! A place to talk about kpop

Here is a newish cool song by a rookie group

EDIT: Hate being in AU some times.
    >Found cool thread
    >time for bed.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Groove OverDose, aka G.O.D, with their song, Observation. Awesome as hell video.
    Havn't really seen any HOT members around but seen two of the GOD members around still, one just on a few shows, but Taewoo hosted Invincible Youth the first season, and is a solo singer now
    Here's one of his songs

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wormie View Post
    cant find anything better than this, so additcive.
    also the girls are mighty fine.
    here is mostly the same girls before their label hacked them to pieces :<...not literally.
    They are all right as 5dolls, but I don't like SPEED (the group the guys made), they were so much better together imo
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-06-15 at 05:23 PM.

being Korean, it's baffling to see non-koreans into K-Pop.. do you guys even know what they are saying?

i, in no way shape or form, am suggesting K-POP is ONLY for koreans.. it's just very interesting to see

what about it do you enjoy? the beats? the dancing/choreography? the cute asian girls?
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-06-15 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    being Korean, it's baffling to see non-koreans into K-Pop.. do you guys even know what they are saying?

i, in no way shape or form, am suggesting K-POP is ONLY for koreans.. it's just very interesting to see

what about it do you enjoy? the beats? the dancing/choreography? the cute asian girls?
    You got me with the cute asian girls...

I just like their voices though, even though I have no idea what they're saying >.<

I can understand a few words (took a semester of korean in college). But it's mostly what you said. The music, their voices, the dancing in a few of the videos. The cute korean girls (hottest of the 3 "big" asian countries (china, japan, koreas). Of course, I haven't really heard anything recent, as a small rural midwestern town doesn't get much in the way of asian music. That, and korean and japanese just sound awesome when put to music.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Havn't really seen any HOT members around but seen two of the GOD members around still, one just on a few shows, but Taewoo hosted Invincible Youth the first season, and is a solo singer now
    Here's one of his songs
    I have to admit, after I left college back in 2001, I haven't kept up on any of the korean bands I listened to back then. But I always enjoyed the (in the GOD video I linked) blonde one, as he is very expressive. If I remember right, he was born in america, and raised for a few years as well. If not him, I believe it was one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but it's true I just want them to comeback so I can love them as much as I used to!
    Totally not true! D:
    And they just released a new song, and not long before that they had their sub group. Is that not good enough for you :<

Out of curiosity, are you as surprised, less surprised or not surprised at all to see other Asian people not from Korea listen to kpop? Than say a swede and an Australian.
    Most Asian people I meet nowadays will listen to or at least know kpop, including a Chinese girl (who also watches kdramas) and a half Taiwanese girl at my work. But neither of them actually speak korean

As for why I like them, all of the above I guess. It's not just one thing but the entire thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    Aah, DBSK Love Jaejoong! Too bad what happened I'm personally not into 2ne1 either, but I like Big Bang (come on, daesung!! NAKED! Almost. Chained to a wall! I do NOT have a picture of that as my desktop background... not at all...) and SHINee. In genereal I think koreans are better at making pop, compared to Japan with JE and all that, even though I'm a huge fan of Akanishi Jin and seen KAT-TUN live. I haven't fallen for U-kiss though.

I almost did the same. I corrupted the entire guild with SNSD's Gee xD Dance version, of course!
    Firstly.. Mirotic... *entrance*... yunho <3. Dayum.... see, now, why can't i find a husband like him =[ hahahaha.

the japanese used to make amazing music. gackt, miyavi, ayu, hikki... now the only Japanese who make goo dmusic... are the Korean's who go over there, and still i only really like boA and TVXQ's Japanese stuff. Mostly japanese culture = how many clothes can you take off while still being able to dance.

Well come september i am starting Korean studies at Sheffield (touch wood if i get my college grades), and my overal plan is moving there p:... i wanted to go before i found kpop and stuff because i have a friend from there, and the country is so gorgeous, and the food is my favourite *honestly my family are sick of kimchi and mandu*. but on top of that I kind of understand what they're saying 60% of the time XD. There are a few times where i squint and give up and ask my friend.

As for why Kpop. Well... for me, it's how hard they work and how much passion there is. i haven't seen a western artist work THAT hard since MJ... sure, some of them do, but their music style doesn't appeal to me. also how the idols care about their fans-- they don't just say it, they show it. In addition the sense of fan community is one you don't get anywhere else... i went to so many concerts before kpop, and everyone was so anti social, barely anyone looked happy (and 99% of the time the artists didn't even sing) i mean as soon as you enter your main 'fandom' with Kpop... you're treated like you've been there for ages. (or with Cassiopeia, you were prior to the split, now afaik it's a horrible place to be because of all the squabbling), but i see it in Kiss-me's and in beauty's, sone's... I mean, Shawol's are some of the kindest people i know. you're like the member of a family with them. Oh, and, kpop concerts.. A) artists SINg and DANCE B) the fans tlak t you and you often end up being embarassed by tv camera's on a girl next to you whom is dancing. OTL. and then on top of that... it is the music, and this is coming form someone who prior to kpop loved slayer. there si something abot it that you can't find anywhere else. plus actual proper dance routines you can follow along, and.. as a dancer myself, i am amazed at some of the things they do. Especially SHINee and TVXQ, they have some of the most amazing dances ever.

WALLOtext, with a lot of typos... =< just woke up and didn't source cawfee yet~ sorry~ haha.

Now i am going back to watching boys over flowers again <3 since i cba to LFR right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you like Girls Generation Duckerella, but if you do, their Japanese songs are amazing, some of their best imo.
    Bad Girl, Beautiful Stranger and their new song Paparazzi, love them

I also listened to things like Slayer and Marilyn Manson before getting into Kpop.

Deleted
    Not sure if you like Girls Generation Duckerella, but if you do, their Japanese songs are amazing, some of their best imo.
    Bad Girl, Beautiful Stranger and their new song Paparazzi, love them

I also listened to things like Slayer and Marilyn Manson before getting into Kpop.
    i love SNSD . Yuri is my total eternal female bias. I love the song, but the video is horrid... although Hyo finally stands out (without the need for a horrible haircut, see figure: HOOT). I like Time machine too, but I feel it doesn't have the same.... hmm what's the word i'm looking for.... it misses something their Korean songs have. Most of the older artists seem to have their Japanese style, and their Korean style and they're different and both are good but the newer artists tend to cover the same songs... so it makes you start comparing and that was my issue with SNSD becsause Japanese RDR and Genie.. no thank you! but, now they seem to be getting unqiue Japanese songs as their promotional songs they are a lot better

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 02:05 AM ----------

And i like this one... i mean come on the obvious thing to do in a zombie apocalypse is to keep dancing!!... and yeah i kind of like the choreography.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazajatar View Post
    And i like this one... i mean come on the obvious thing to do in a zombie apocalypse is to keep dancing!!... and yeah i kind of like the choreography.
    LOBEY DOBEY DOBEY OH OH OH OH.

i have that album XD. love T-ara <3.

LOBEY DOBEY DOBEY OH OH OH OH.

i have that album XD. love T-ara <3.
    Don't really know a lot in that matter to be honest, i just listen some random songs from various groups.... a lot of 'em i've been pretty much listening to that in the last 5 or months...I can only say this group gotta be one of my favorites, and also Hyomin (i think that's her name) is hot.

Deleted
    Don't really know a lot in that matter to be honest, i just listen some random songs from various groups.... a lot of 'em i've been pretty much listening to that in the last 5 or months...I can only say this group gotta be one of my favorites, and also Hyomin (i think that's her name) is hot.
    i like hwayoung, Boram and Qri most.

only 'hot' woman i find in kpop is GaIn, but brown eyed girls <3

10+ Year Old Account
    i love SNSD . Yuri is my total eternal female bias. I love the song, but the video is horrid... although Hyo finally stands out (without the need for a horrible haircut, see figure: HOOT). I like Time machine too, but I feel it doesn't have the same.... hmm what's the word i'm looking for.... it misses something their Korean songs have. Most of the older artists seem to have their Japanese style, and their Korean style and they're different and both are good but the newer artists tend to cover the same songs... so it makes you start comparing and that was my issue with SNSD becsause Japanese RDR and Genie.. no thank you! but, now they seem to be getting unqiue Japanese songs as their promotional songs they are a lot better
    Yea, agreed on that. Not a big fan of their Japanese covers of their Korean songs either.
    I liked Time Machine though, good ballad song. It's their first (and so far only) ballad to have a MV though, so maybe that's why you didn't like it as much.
    I liked the MV for paparazzi xD catchy dance to it lol, well I like the dance ver anyway. The actual MV is a little odd.

My bias's are Jessica and Taeyeon but Yuri is very funny in Invincible Youth if you've seen that.

i like hwayoung, Boram and Qri most.

only 'hot' woman i find in kpop is GaIn, but brown eyed girls <3
    yeah i've heard of those, they're also kinda cute, but what can i tell there is something about Hyomin i like, must be her face... idk. And i've never heard Brown Eyed Girls, i have seen people mentioning them tho.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...zajatar/simple
    In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.

Deleted
    Yea, agreed on that. Not a big fan of their Japanese covers of their Korean songs either.
    I liked Time Machine though, good ballad song. It's their first (and so far only) ballad to have a MV though, so maybe that's why you didn't like it as much.
    I liked the MV for paparazzi xD catchy dance to it lol, well I like the dance ver anyway. The actual MV is a little odd.

My bias's are Jessica and Taeyeon but Yuri is very funny in Invincible Youth if you've seen that.
    Taegoon is awesome. i don't really like sica or tiffany, but they're growing on me. XD i like Yuri and Sunny most, and invincible youth is great <3

yeah i've heard of those, they're also kinda cute, but what can i tell there is something about Hyomin i like, must be her face... idk. And i've never heard Brown Eyed Girls, i have seen people mentioning them tho.
    Hahaha.

You should listen to them! Sixth sense, sign, abracadabra are their most popular 'upbeat' songs... cleansing cream is a really nice ballad =]

I have to agree Taeyeon is awesome, and well i guess i pretty much like all of 'em except Hyoyeon... :S And i think i'll listen to those Brown Eyed Girls later, thanks for the advice.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...zajatar/simple
    In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.