Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Means nothing.

We wiped countless nights on lich king 25, then one night we one-shot him. There was no patches between.
    This is true, but Atramedes IS the easiest heroic by far if your raiders have a good grasp on the fight mechanics. Halfus is easy IF you have good DPS and good tanks. Magmaw is easy IF your healers are good and you have a good kiter. You could probably kill H Atramedes in blues if everyone executed perfectly.

@OP: What troubles are you having with AC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Halfus, Atramedes, Chimareon hcs are the easiest ones even magmaw is not hard atm after spew nerf if u execute the tactic good. But also you shouldn't have problem with ascendant council with farming 7 bosses you should be geared for shield or for p3 so if u fail it should be about personal mistakes in p2 i think.

The raid leader has to have killed the final boss of any given dungeon on normal mode before it can be set to Heroic.

If you can't handle (or even get to) Cho'gall, you aren't ready for any Heroics. Cho'gall is a really good stepping stone, as he tests your raid in almost every possible way.

You can't do heroic bosses unless at least one person in your raid group has killed the final boss of said instance.

You're going to have to do Council next, its the least difficult fight you have access to. It's a very annoying fight and there are a number of abilities but they are fairly simple, but IMO Cho'Gall is pretty much the same level of difficulty as that one, so you should be able to get both with a little effort. Heroic modes are a lot more difficult compared to the normal modes this tier, with the added bonus that the vast majority of them require you to have 359+ gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont you have to kill the last boss in each before you can do anything on heroic in said raid?

Deleted
    If you struggle with council on normal you will 110% struggle with all hard modes. Analyze your wipe resulting mistakes and find a way to fix them. Directly confront players in a constructive way as to why they failed, and if they continue to make the same mistakes remove them from your raid otherwise you will never have any enjoyable progress.

get a phd. then once your done that if your bored come see me. i will find something for you to do

Thanks for the Advice, and yes we do have one friendly hunter who is full cleared. Next week when i am on for the Ascentdent council fight, im doing World of logs....im sick of that fight i hate executing everything perfectly and people dieing for stupid reasons (frozen on glaciate, or not getting the tornado / grav pull) im ready to strangle people... wish me luck lol, i may let the Guild leader humor himself and we'll try halfus heroic lol

10+ Year Old Account
    you cannot do hm till you clear normals first...even if that wasnt the case there is no way that you could clear any hm (evn halfus) if you cant down council

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

Finish normals. People failing to glaciate and buffs on council is a very bad sign.

well...we just removed the 2 people who were failing hardcore on Council this week -.-, hopefully we get better replacement...again thanks for all the advice it just confirmed what i thought. Have a good day all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr420 View Post
    name calling is a good way to prove your point. Not gonna go there, but for the last poster, the 4.1 searing flame nerf made the encounter trivial, wasnt noting the 1 shot in the sence of "OH YEAH WE 1 SHOT IT", meant it more as blizz nerfed it into the ground and now is free loot.

And just to give an example, healers have no trouble healing through the searing flame now with no gong, as long as they " have a single thought in their heads" I believe it was put.
    I haven't killed the boss in a while, but from the patch notes it seems all they've done is made it less reliant on clicking the gong within one second of the cast, thus avoiding a potentially lethal 2 ticks+modulation right after. The ability still seems to do enough damage to make not using a gong suicidal. Even the first tick hits for 60k on 10H.

like other people said... council normal is a pretty easy fight, and it would be stupid for your raid to do any hardmodes now.... even if you could down halfus or so, after a lot of wipes.

do council and cho gal first... council is really only about mechanics, if you do phase 1 and 2 properly, phase 3 is a joke cause the boss dies nearly instantly.

we struggled a lot more on cho´gal but we finally seem to get this fight since we downed im in first and second try the last 2 id´s.

now we go for al´kir or how ever is called, since i think the fight is somehow easier than nef and he can drop 2 tokens with some luck +hes more fun than nef^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssian View Post
    Clearly you haven't attempted Omnotron on Heroic. In terms of sheer RNG, that fight is on top by a mile. The only part of Al'akir that is even remotely RNG is the first phase, and it is all easily avoided if your raiders have a single thought in their heads.
    RNG? There is only one "troublesome" ability in shadow conductor and its really not that bad. Pre-nerf it was tough when paired with the fire AoE but it doesn't even hit that hard anymore. Its a fight that certainly requires raid awareness but there isn't much RNG can do to make it that hard.

OT: Even though you have someone who can activate hard modes it really doesn't sound like you are ready for it and will not be able to down H Halfus but you are always welcome to try.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-05-07 at 01:54 PM.

@Tamerlane2 - you are right its not the thing you would want to do but as the gong boomkin in our latest kill we had 1 gong left and i clicked it when the dbm timer expired instead of on the cast ><. So we just grouped up and the healers healed through the searing. Not saying its a good thing to do, just saying it can be done.

and what the patch did is make it tick instantly then not again for 2 sec. so guarenteed 1 almost never 2 ticks.
    Last edited by Dr420; 2011-05-07 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by afkyouheal View Post
    Well you can try to start with Halfus HC then, but i would say just clear normal first
    how should they kill halfus hc if they cant get past council on normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    how should they kill halfus hc if they cant get past council on normal?
    Maybe read the whole thread and you'd know the answer as to how they can attempt H Halfus without having gotten past council.