Thread: [TV] Fringe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I do and I hope I will be able to watch the next season.
    The Ending of the third season just left me with a super huuuuge WTF! I'm really excited about the next season
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished it. Thought the ending was good. Wonder what they're going to do for the fourth season.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda pissed with the ending.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

They end one season with olivia not being there, then the next one Peter isn't here. I wish they would do something abit different, if Peter is in the next season i hope it doesn't take the majority of for him to get back. And i can see when he does get back olivia will be with someone else and then it'll do the classic 'i love you but i fell in love with someone else while you was gone' Then again he might not even be in the next season i haven't really looked into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean. If it stays at is now, where 'they never knew him' it will be lame.

Spoiler:
    I think Peter will return. It's a classic season ender. There was never any announcement I read that he's leaving the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched most of the first season. Then it got too damn confusing.

Edit: is this shit on netflix?
    Last edited by Kardezar; 2011-06-15 at 05:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    I watched most of the first season. Then it got too damn confusing.

Edit: is this shit on netflix?
    Not sure. Netflix Canada is different from the states.

I watch it, but the parallel universe is starting to annoy me. I liked solving mysteries and what not. And slowly uncovering the plot, not throwing it at once, although I guess they couldnt do both at this point. I still love the show regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I watch it, but the parallel universe is starting to annoy me. I liked solving mysteries and what not. And slowly uncovering the plot, not throwing it at once, although I guess they couldnt do both at this point. I still love the show regardless.
    It went from doing episodic 'x-files' type episodes to a more serialized show. I personally prefer the main story arc, so I enjoyed season 3 the best.

[TV] Fringe - thoughts on how it will end

I want to hear what other peoples thoughts are on how this show will end. For those who haven't seen this show I would highly suggest it. It is a show about science gone haywire and a team that investigates what is going on. I compare it to the early days of X-Files where they were investigating strange happenings. If you are caught up on the show then this really shouldn't be any spoilers to it as I want us to hypothesize on what is going to happen in this weeks series finale. In case though you are not caught up on the show though please stop reading don't want to wreck anything for you.

My current hypothesis is that they will succeed in sending the boy into the future and that the observers will never come into existence. With the observers never coming into existence means that September will not be born so he will be unable to distract Walter when he was about to find the cure for his Peter. This will cause Walter to find the cure and to cure his own Peter.
    So this leads to other interesting questions. :
    Does the Walter from the other reality find the cure on his own and save the other Peter?
    Does the Peter from our reality still grow up and fall in love with our Olivia (Peter from the other dimension seems set to be with her so far in the show)
    If the other Peter dies, does the other Walter still become Walternet and still sends shapeshifters to our reality.
    Or do you think they will pull a Lost and just leave us hanging without really concluding anything?

Discuss these or any other possibilities of what you think might happen with them ending the show next week.

Bit late at this point, so I can't say much, other than that I cried a lot.

I can't believe more people aren't talking about it, this show deserves so much more attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legevia View Post
    With the observers never coming into existence means that September will not be born so he will be unable to distract Walter when he was about to find the cure for his Peter. This will cause Walter to find the cure and to cure his own Peter.
    I'm sorry, I know this is waaaay off-topic and completely uncalled for, but considering I've never watched this series and have no idea what you're talking about, I laughed so hard at this I woke my neighbors up :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legevia View Post
    My current hypothesis is that they will succeed in sending the boy into the future and that the observers will never come into existence. With the observers never coming into existence means that September will not be born so he will be unable to distract Walter when he was about to find the cure for his Peter. This will cause Walter to find the cure and to cure his own Peter.
    So this leads to other interesting questions. :
    Does the Walter from the other reality find the cure on his own and save the other Peter?
    Does the Peter from our reality still grow up and fall in love with our Olivia (Peter from the other dimension seems set to be with her so far in the show)
    If the other Peter dies, does the other Walter still become Walternet and still sends shapeshifters to our reality.
    Or do you think they will pull a Lost and just leave us hanging without really concluding anything?

Discuss these or any other possibilities of what you think might happen with them ending the show next week.
    I think they sorta pulled a Lost, lmao. They left A LOT of the outcome up to our imaginations.
    I think that the boy making it to the future didn't stop observes from coming into existence, it did however allow the creators of the observers to create them in a way where they could have the superior intelligence, and emotions. So the "new and improved" observers would know that the time line has to happen in the same way, and they can make sure that happens.

My favorite part of the last episode was the part where they were walking through the halls with the gas masks and saw all of the disgusting plagues that they stopped when they worked from Fringe Division, it was like a horrific walk down memory lane.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-01-19 at 03:59 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Yes, they left a few things up to the imagination- but the way the final two scenes played out I didn't care that they didn't answer all the questions. As a series finale, it was the most satisfying I've ever watched. Yes, the series had a whole had some (minor) issues, and yes not every single questions was answered, but the finale itself was fantastic. LOVED the references to seasons past.

When Peter mouthed 'I love you Dad', I started to lose it, and when Peter opened the letter to reveal the white tulip I completely lost it. To think when that episode first aired, it was just another 'case of the week'. On another note, the music (especially in that final scene with Peter, Olivia and Etta) was exceptional tonight.

If you're going to leave things to the imagination, then that's how you do it.

September didn't deserve it.