Has anyone tested spirit link totem with max corruption on Cho'gall?

I was just wondeirng if anyone tested the effect of the totem with max corruption on Cho'gall. Say you have 23 people at 100% and 2 max corruption mages at 30% will it end up equalising them at 100% or will it just drain the 23 peoples life trying to heal the corrupted mages. I would test it out myself but I am saved to Cho'gall until next reset.

It works to heal them, but you don't want the corrupted mages standing with the group, as they still do the shadow aoe vomit.

We've been working on this fight this week and have been using spirit link and a single shaman who runs over to the mage at low HP to drop it. He gets constantly healed while the spirit link brings the mage's health up, trying to constantly equalize it to his 100% hp. Mage usually comes out at around 70-80% I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It works to heal them, but you don't want the corrupted mages standing with the group, as they still do the shadow aoe vomit.

We've been working on this fight this week and have been using spirit link and a single shaman who runs over to the mage at low HP to drop it. He gets constantly healed while the spirit link brings the mage's health up, trying to constantly equalize it to his 100% hp. Mage usually comes out at around 70-80% I believe.
    You can still do it with a group, the mage(s) just have to be standing in front of the others so they don't vomit.

But as you said, it does work and can be useful for people using that strat.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we tried it once. The mage regained some HP but after the totem expired they got their initial HP.

Deleted
    Worked a treat for us

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    You can still do it with a group, the mage(s) just have to be standing in front of the others so they don't vomit.
    Wouldn't that just make them vomit on the tank? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyleiran View Post
    I was just wondeirng if anyone tested the effect of the totem with max corruption on Cho'gall. Say you have 23 people at 100% and 2 max corruption mages at 30% will it end up equalising them at 100% or will it just drain the 23 peoples life trying to heal the corrupted mages. I would test it out myself but I am saved to Cho'gall until next reset.
    SLT ignores healing buffs and debuffs. It equalizes health in any situation, regardless of buffs or debuffs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevy View Post
    I think we tried it once. The mage regained some HP but after the totem expired they got their initial HP.
    That's not how it works.. You won't go back to your initial HP. The totem makes everyone affected by it to end up at the same % HP which means if you can heal the shaman up to 100% before each tick the mage could potentially get very close to full HP. (This is if you do the whole - shaman runs to the mage - tactic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Wouldn't that just make them vomit on the tank? :P
    If you have your ranged stacking on the tank, then yeah, that's not a good idea. That's not how we do it, but clearly puking on the tank wouldn't be a good idea if that is the strat you use.

It works flawlessly. Cho'gal has never been easier. Srsly, he just keeps getting easier.

The vomit has a very narrow cone that it sprays. The mage can step in on the edge of the totem range and angle himself slightly towards the outside and still be able to dps without throwing up on the raid.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced